What can I do?

Discussion in 'Activism' started by freexspirit29, Aug 14, 2008.

1. freexspirit29

freexspirit29 Member

I'm a young teenage girl and I want to change the world. Most of my friends don't give a shit about this stuff and rather just go to the mall or watch tv. I want to find other teenagers who actually care but I don't know where to start. :confused:

2. jaredfelix

jaredfelix Namaste ॐ

well you did start in the right place by joining these forums, im sure you'll find alot of answers to what you're looking for here :)

3. freexspirit29

freexspirit29 Member

Probably. Everyone here seems really helpful and nice. I guess I should just finish school before freaking out about this stuff though :/

4. shivo

shivo Member

Im just like you,Im a teenage and I really want to make some changes in this world,I understand you.I unterstand that I dont have to limit myself,dont wait,make what you can.
    Peace,love and happiness can change the world.And that i think can change the world,start with that,If you can make little ,good things to the world,You can make also big things.

5. freexspirit29

freexspirit29 Member

You're right! It's just too many people (like my parents) say I can't do that stuff as a kid because nobody will take me seriously but I think that's bullshit. If enough of us teenagers stick together we CAN make a huge a change.

6. ThePmiester

ThePmiester Member

I think(speaking from very limited knowledge) you need to decide what you feel strongly about such as: animal rights, human rights, corporations wiping out small businesses, etc.
    Hope this helps
    /|\ Peace of the grove
    Alex

7. freexspirit29

freexspirit29 Member

Yeah, that's what people have been telling me. to choose something. i'm pretty interested in helping the environment.

8. Spaced06

Spaced06 Member

I'd say that you need to change yourself so that you act and live accordingly to what you feel and believe. Then you'll know what you need to do to change the world.

9. 420UFO

420UFO Member

act out and be heard. Don't just sit there, do something!

10. liberer

liberer Member

shine out.. be you.. be happy to be you, and people will be interested in you, which makes it easier for you to teach them 'truth'. take one step at a time, master that step, then move forward. be sure to be truly passionate.. discover.. learn.. grow.. feeeeeeel. "be the peace you want to see in the world" - it's really true.

11. green_revolution

green_revolution Member

The first towards changing the world is knowledge. Find out more about the issues you care about, read up on what's been happening and how you could become involved.
    The best place to get active is your local community. That is really where you will be able to affect things the most, at least for the time being. Depending on where you live, you will probably find tons of volunteer opportunities, activist groups, ect.. And if you don't, CREATE SOMETHING!
    Try organising a food not bombs, critical mass, or guerilla gardening club with your friends. Regardless of wether it works or not, you are bound to meet other people who feel just as you do, which will lead you to build a whole network of possibilities to explore.
    Good luck! And rock on!

12. SmileyLady-peace!

SmileyLady-peace! Member

Try getting involved in something at school!
    Does your school have a people and planet society?
    If not, make one!
    If they're is not enough interest open it up to other schools and maybe organise an evening meet-up instead.
    Do little things like read up on the best recycling methods and then go and offer your neighbours advice on the most efficient way of recycling/reusing the materials they have. Set up a plastics collection point in your apartment block or street!
    You can do so much. Even the smallest action will eventually take some effect.
    Peace out!

13. I_Human

I_Human Member

The best way to achieve anything is to lead by example.

14. abdulm91

abdulm91 Member

looks like im too late for this topic but maybe you'll still check..well its hard to get anything organized to make a difference but now is better than ever to get out there and try to do something. Our world is going through one of the worst situations its seen in decades with wars going on in countries many of us have never heard of and innocent citizens everywhere being forced to fund wars they don't agree with yet being left with no health care. We need to reach out to all those average citizens who are barley making ends meet and tell them to make a statement and stand up for what they believe in. Join an interest group maybe a peace group. For example i personally am against funding of overseas military's so i joined a group that is working towards cutting funding of overseas governments. It seems like our generation is not one of protesting but who knows its never too late to organize something and stand up for what you believe in.

15. LostOne

LostOne Member

16. zenloki

zenloki Member

on that note, "be the change you wish to see in the world." ~Ghandi

best of luck to you.