Chabad - the best religion in the world

Discussion in 'Judaism' started by questing400, Aug 13, 2008.

1. questing400

questing400 Senior Member

Please, please please check these guys out

They are by far the coolest cats on the planet and the future or world religion in general. Thank you.

2. xexon

xexon Destroyer Of Worlds

I don't see anything earthshaking about this group.

The Jewish hand sign article was interesting.

It's how Mr. Spock came up with his Vulcan peace sign hand salute. (Leonard Nimoy, who's Jewish, peeked during one of the rituals when he was a kid)

"Live Long, and Prosper"

x

3. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

what do you find so intriguing? it's fairy strict plus outreach, and some Kabbalah to boot.
    9I happen to attend A chabad shul, btw.)

4. piscesqueen

piscesqueen Member

coolest cats?? LOL
    as a non jew i have learnt a lot about & from chabad...inspired by your videos on youtube & my own subsequent reading...

RIP ronen...
    such a loss...such a unique character...

5. Cool Side of the Pillow

Cool Side of the Pillow Member

I've only been really aware of two Lubavichers, and have a very positive opinion of both.

The first was the Rebbe Schneerson himself. I was aware of him during his last few years from media coverage. He was a sincerely good man.

The second is Matisyahu. Certainly, I'm a fan of his music, but if you listen to each song, they are all prayers, and he sings with a joy and sincerity that I really relate to, even though I really believe in something different. (I personally relate better to Buddhism than Abrahamic religions).

The Rebbe taught that the Jews are God's Chosen People, but he taught that this was an obligation, not a gift, that God had chosen the Jews to be a light to the rest of the world. If all the Lubavichers shine as brightly as these two gentlemen, maybe they ARE onto something.

Like I say, I personally believe in something else, but anyone who sincerely follows the Rebbe's teachings won't go too far wrong!

6. drumminmama

There are Birthright trips for older folks. Typically 45 + and the retiree crowd.

I have respect for the crew that accompanied a group of teens from Denver years ago. They got caught in rocket fire, and got the kids out and home in a reasonably short time.
    Writhing there hours, parents were notified the kids were enroute to a different city to be flown home. Communication was fabulous for the situation.
    (My then editor's son was on the trip. He was keeping me updated as soon as he got word)

7. drumminmama

As for the centers you cannot find,it is common for the rabbi's home to serve until the group is well established.

Also, when anti-Semitic activity is high, some filtering goes on to protect the community.

Maybe Aish Ha Torah is more your speed.

8. Manservant Hecubus

Manservant Hecubus Master of Funk and Evil

9. LAGoff

LAGoff Member

There's 'Mr. Right', and 'Mr. Right Now'.
    Chabad is the latter for me,
    And I'm not going to knock it.

10. drumminmama

That's a great way to put it, Geoff.

I'm thinking this will be a one post wonder who just needed to vent...although a web site is publishing, so slander become libel.

And libel is hard to defend.

11. LAGoff

LAGoff Member

Thanks.
    On the surface, everything is hunky dory with Chabad.
    I know that there is a subterranean spiritual aspect that I don't agree with, but as long as they perform an authentic service, I'm not going to squawk.

12. Wankerboy

Wankerboy Members

I 100% agree with you therequesting400. I am a Jew and a member of chabad .org