Condoms, any substitutes

Discussion in 'Love and Sex' started by Eskimo, May 16, 2004.

1. SkeeterVT

SkeeterVT Member

You CAN'T be serious. The only 100 percent effective alternative to condoms for the prevention of unwanted pregnancy and the spread of disease is abstinance.

So the choice is yours: Either swallow your macho pride and get used to using condoms -- or, if abstinance isn't a viable alternative for you, limit your sexual activity to masturbation. There are NO OTHER OPTIONS.

"No glove, no love!"

-- Skeeter

2. DuskBreeze

DuskBreeze bye bye !

The pill is free isn't it? And its only 98% effective if taken correctly. The other 2% of the time it just doesn't work, all by itself. There are only a few days a month a woman can actually get pregnant. Isn't there some way you can actually work that out (for free - obviously there are machines and testing thingys you can buy that will do that too)?

3. purple grass

purple grass Member

free substitues?
    just don't have sex.
    that's free, and the only 100% effective way of not getting pregnant or STD's.

4. Wonder Girl

Wonder Girl rhapsody in pink

There is the no sex option...but if you want to have sex,you need to atleast use a condom. That's your only hope of being protected against STD's.
    Where I live,in the US....condoms,the pill,the shot,and most other types of birth control are all free. You can give a donation if you like,but you don't have to. It's worth your time,to go get some protection. For your own safety and for your partner's safety.

5. FlyingBurritoBro

FlyingBurritoBro Sing Me Back Home

what's that?

6. AT98BooBoo

AT98BooBoo Senior Member

Try Microsheer Polyurethane condoms. They're stronger than latex condoms and they feel 10X better. They are slightly more expensive than latex but the extra money is worth it. Shelling out a few $'s for a condom is a whole lot cheaper than raising a child or treating a disease.

7. fountains of nay

fountains of nay Planet Nayhem!

yep, you get like 60 everytime you go!

8. WishIWasAHippie

WishIWasAHippie Senior Member

Everyone that has ever told me they went on birthcontrol always stopped cause they said they became, "Chubby and bitchy" haha...I don't know if it was the birth control that made them bitchy or they just became bitchy cause they were gaining weight haha...oh well...I thought that stuff was expensive anyway?

Well...just swallow your pride and buy a condom...and if you think it's awkward to put on a condom (IE I've heard some people say, "It ruins the moment") well then you shouldn't be having sex with that person if you don't have a sense of humor about it haha

9. hiro

hiro pursue it

The best one said yet. Planned parenthood doesn't give stuff away for free either.

10. SkeeterVT

SkeeterVT Member

Not only are polyurethane condoms -- which are much stronger than latex condoms -- more expensive, they're also not as readily available as latex condoms. Here in Vermont, where I live, polyurethane condoms are hard to come by. Even more difficult to find are the Monistat condoms for women.

I strongly suspect that political pressure by the Christian Right has a LOT to do with this.

-- Skeeter