how long will america last

Discussion in 'The Future' started by Mynameisluke, Jul 4, 2008.

1. farmout

farmout All who wander arent lost Lifetime Supporter

until the religious nutz take over.....:-(

2. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

Will America get taken over? Maybe. I hope the UK does it, because at least they're not in shambles economically like us.

3. themnax

themnax Senior Member

it won't last for ever, no nation ever has. but there's a fair to medlin chance it will outlast its world dominance. great britain did, as an example, and in many ways its been better off since its empire mostly went its own way.

much the same may be the fate of the u.s.

there does seem to be some very rough water ahead, with the rise of right wing extemists and the loss of the real middle class that once made it strong.

4. America can't be judged based on what has happened to civilizations past. We are too advanced to crumble of our own accord. The only threat we face is global cataclysm. We might sink like Atlantis; we might not. In which case, America might exist until the end of time or the end of its usefulness as we expand our reach beyond the stars.

5. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i'm sure hitler thought the same thing about his own endevours.

6. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i'm sure it must seem that way, to someone who has never known nor imagined anything else.

7. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

They haven't already?

8. themnax

themnax Senior Member

america's demize, will not be as a result of hostile invasion, but of internal collapse.

we are witnessing today, the colapse of the very assumptions upon which its previous stability, if it ever had any, has been based.

i say if it even had stability because what we have seen as it was rising throught almost its entire existence and then began declining with raygun's insanity and has been doing so ever since.

unlike at least a few other countries who have enjoyed some degree of stability for a time in their histories.

america fears not expanding, precisely because of the concept of stability being so alien to it. yet reality puts practical limits on any concept of expansion in any context.

america does not have to remain headed in the direction of self distruction. for the past 30 or so years, since the early 1980s, it merely has.

9. Survegalist

Survegalist Member

Some days I just think the whole world is fucked up,seems to me that every country is having a "Reap what ya sow" day and there is no way in hell they can turn it around.Revolution sounds great but the powers that be are not going to give in to easy to the people and the people will just take the oppression down to the last squeeze and by then it will be a too little too late scenario.I'm pretty sure TPTB have crunched the numbers and are working on the solution,depopulation is the only way,they just haven't worked out the best way to deliver it yet.

It's not a case of America or the UK or Europe,it's the whole planet that's going to hell in a basket case,nothing to see here folks just move along and don't get caught in a crowded carriage.LOL.

10. themnax

themnax Senior Member

yes, that's about the size of it. the kind of countries that dominate the world now, are just not likely to survive an environmental implosion that wipes out a major percentage of humanity, something existing economic systems seem to have a date with.

we'll all learn the hard way what we already know, but keep insisting on denying. by we of course, i'm referring here to consensus of economic interests, which seem to be deaf to real organic people who use our brains and have even a little understanding of what is going on.

indiginous cultures, in all their individually small scale, but near infinite diversity, will outlive superstate corporate culture which keeps trying to deny its existence and viability.

nor will all or even most of technological 'culture' be lost or even forgotten. but it won't be continuous with what we have now either. there will be a decade or two during which the future of humanity as a species will hand in doubt due to conditions of famine and disease more then any threat of large scale conflict.

the missles and drones will rust in their silos. but after a boy and his dog and mad max, someone just may reinvent solar planels and narrow gauge railways in a world the rivers will have flushed themselves and again run clean.

i don't know how long before all that comes about, or how long it will actually last, or how deep it will actually cut, or what we might end up doing instead that will avoid that. but i'm pretty sure business as we know it today won't be able to avoid it.

11. 123Souljah123

123Souljah123 Members

1-4 years and US will fall. trust me, Eveil nation domination couldn't last long .

12. deleted

deleted Visitor

our last hurrah..

13. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

458 years, 5 months, 8 days, 6 hours, 43 minutes and 34 seconds.

1 person likes this.
  14. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

It's already gone.

3 people like this.
  15. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

America can last for very long. The land and society will adapt/change to circumstances/people. Like when the bigger majority becomes spanish speaking :p

Maybe what certain people liked of America will not last. They have to adapt a little too. No nation is static. In the long end they all will fall or become something else.

16. SMcDaniel001

SMcDaniel001 Members

America is over. We let the 60s liberals have too much power, and in under the banner of being inclusive and open minded, we've lost the farm.

Let me get this straight. I have no problem with liberals or being liberal. We should all practice it. But it has no place in a governmental setting. Liberalism practiced on a personal level amounts to charity and well being for ones fellow man. Give it the power of government sanctions and give it authority, and it turns to unbridled evil.

17. America can't die because it is a concept that is greater than the thing itself. This concept embodies an ideal, that we, as men and women, can act as men and women, without kings or lordship, and succeed. How can that ever die? It cannot. The country itself may come and go, who knows, but its memory will always remain, and the people of Earth shall be better for it.

1 person likes this.
  18. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

'bout 15 more minutes...

1 person likes this.
  19. expanse

expanse Supporters HipForums Supporter

Shouldn't be much longer, It's already in overtime.

20. Harpo

Harpo Member

Its memory will always remain, like the memory of the Babylonians, or the Roman Empire, or the Persian Empire, (etc etc)

Of course its memory will remain, but that doesn't mean it will last.

Men and women acting as men and women - what does that mean? The non-US 95% of people in the world act as men & women too, y'know.

Secession is the way forward