Were you spanked as a child?

Discussion in 'Spanking' started by MunaJadida, Jun 20, 2008.

1. angelknight

angelknight Member

sounds like you had reasonable fair minded parents bonkai. i cant imagine a house that doesnt use some kind of spanking, children have to learn right from wrong and and that has tp come from disipline
    i have no children but if i ever do i plan to disipline them fairly and by doing so they should growing up knowing right from wrong

2. Stephy in wonderland

Stephy in wonderland Member

Wow angelknight, that's just wrong. People don't realize that hitting your kid doesn't solve anything. Now parents ground their kids or take away their cell phone or ipod or the internet. I would never hit my kids. So please don't have children if you really believe that hitting a child will teach them a lesson. Just so you know, there are other ways to deal with behavior then hitting.

3. willow830

willow830 Guest

I was only spanked a couple of times - with a wooden spoon. Yeowch! My last spanking was when I was nine years old. My parents were wise enough to realize that this was not a great way of disciplining me, and found other ways to get my attention, i.e. grounding, revoking TV privileges.

Like Stephy in wonderland, I also think that hitting a kid doesn't solve anything.

4. ashleylove

ashleylove Member

i was spanked when i was younger. although, i don't think being spanked by my parents is what influenced my spanking fetish now. i think the fact that when i was 6 or 7 and my 16 year old step brother would babysit me, if i got in trouble, he would spank me and then fondle me (fingering me, etc.) and he'd also make me touch his cock and suck him off and everything. yeahh, he was weird...oh well.

5. Doctor Insanus

Doctor Insanus Guest

I was rarely spanked as a child, and I don't get much out of being spanked.

Spanking someone else, on the other hand, is fucking awesome.

6. PDeverit

PDeverit Guest

Child buttock-battering for the purpose of gaining compliance is nothing more than an inherited bad habit.

It's a good idea for people to take a look at what they are doing and learn how to DISCIPLINE instead of hit.

I think the reason why television shows like "Supernanny" and "Dr. Phil" are so popular is because that is just what many (not all) people are trying to do.

There are several reasons why child buttock-battering isn't a good idea. Here are some good, quick reads recommended by professionals:

Plain Talk About Spanking
    by Jordan Riak

The Sexual Dangers of Spanking Children
    by Tom Johnson

NO VITAL ORGANS THERE, So They Say
    by Lesli Taylor M.D., and Adah Maurer Ph.D.

7. lynzxx

lynzxx Senior Member

my teacher hit me once... :( i was like 6, i never forgot it tho... il get her bak... one day :rolleyes:

8. PDeverit

PDeverit Guest

Most compelling of all reasons to abandon this worst of all bad habits is the fact that some children can experience buttock-beating as unintentional sexual abuse. There is plenty of educational literature aimed at raising awareness on this topic that can easily be found by doing a little research.

Just a handful of those trying to educate the public against child buttock-battering and toward discipline:

American Academy of Pediatrics
    American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
    Center For Effective Discipline
    Churches' Network for Non-Violence
    PsycHealth Behavioral Health Professionals
    Archbishop Desmond Tutu
    United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child
    Global Initiative to End All Corporal Punishment of Children

Countries where it is prohibited by law:
    Sweden, Finland, Norway, Austria, Cyprus, Italy, Denmark, Latvia, Croatia, Bulgaria, Germany, Israel, Iceland, Ukraine, Romania, Hungary, Greece, Netherlands, New Zealand, Portugal, Uruguay, Venezuela, Chile, Spain, Costa Rica, Republic of Moldova, and more in process (In fact, the United States is the only UN member that did not ratify the Convention on the Rights of the Child).

9. LucidOne

LucidOne Member

physical punishment is not the most effective way of exacting compliance from your children. When you do that they eventually become fearful and/or angry with you. Reinforcemnt is much more effective with no psychological side effects.

That aside I still spank my GF. Naughty girl, that'll teach her. :p

she used to get spanked as a child, and she likes it nowadays.

10. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I was spanked as a child, have no interest in it now though, so there goes that theory

1 person likes this.
  11. bearfeet

bearfeet Member

I was hit as a child and "abused" in other ways" and I hate being spanked now. My first boyfriend did it and it was the thing that pushed him into the creepy category...I do however like to be choked and pushed around if that means anything..

12. Kather1ne

Kather1ne Member

I was never spanked as a child. My parents were 100% against physically punishing my sister and me. We were still punished, just never, ever spanked. Sexual spanking really bothers me, and so does watching a kid get spanked.

13. shagavera

shagavera Member

i dont call it spanking, i call it smacked
    but yes i was by my mother all the time..
    she would also lock me in my room for hours
    and stand there n yell n swear at me..
    call me all the names under the son
    For the most stupidest reasons

14. billyjean305

billyjean305 Member

I got wipped not spanked.:)

15. Balqis

Balqis Senior Member

no, never once got hit.

16. missedit

missedit Member

I was spanked as a child basically whenever I did something bad. I still have the words "Stop crying or I'll give you a reason to cry" stuck in my head. I believe my parents intentions were okay but the "product" of their intentions was probably far from what they planned lol.

:cheers2:

17. darthkacie

darthkacie crazy diamond

yep. went outside and picked my switch off the tree, brought it to my parents, and faced the wall.

the picking of the switch always seemed like the most fucked up part. you knew they were all gonna hurt equally bad. part of the punishment though.

18. shermin

shermin Bazooka Tooth

I was spanked some as a young child, and received lots of other abuse throughout my life.

I enjoy mild physical pain in sex, but nothing out of the ordinary [not that there's anything wrong with it :)]

19. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I got spanked/abused in other ways.
    I hated it.
    It never taught me anything. I wanted to know WHY what I was doing was wrong.

20. RollinBelle

RollinBelle Member

Word.