Australia: Why so expensive?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Price Watch' started by Thories, Jun 20, 2008.

1. Thories

Thories Member

Ok I'm new to MJ (and these forums) but I've grown up (a little) around people who smoke. From what I see the cheapest price I have ever encountered is $50 for about 2.5 grams (plus or minus). I'm wondering is this price representative of QLD and Australia?

I would expect with the huge amounts of open land and large average properties we have, even a few k out of the city that there would be a large amount of cheap Mary Jane everywhere. It seems to be very elusive, at least when I compare to some reports I hear. Example $300 an ounce thats just shy of 30 grams, sooooo jealous!

Obviously not asking for a hookup (remember, new posters are cops, old posters are patient cops) But do I try looking for cheaper prices? Or is it just Australia/ QLD.

Any info would be really awesome. Thanks guys, really love the forum btw :)
    :cheers2:

2. Guitar

Guitar Senior Member

I donno about Australia, but one of my good friends lives in New zealand and gets decent prices. 130 USD for a half of decent bud. 200 a half of AK-47. I also know cocaine in australia/new zealand is 250-300 dollars a gram. thats fucking nuts.

3. ilovetotrip

ilovetotrip Member

thats the price here in NY too

4. Figjam

Figjam Member

I pay 25 for a stick, 90 for a quater and can get an ounce for 280, all $AU. You can get decent priced weed around Brisbane if you know where to look.

5. Peace at mind.

Peace at mind. Member

thats the normal price for brissy...

6. ScottDK420

ScottDK420 Banned

I have been told about the cocaine in Australia being from $250 to 400 per gram which is insane to the point of total madness and people stil lbut it altho not often..Aslo crystal meth is apparently very popular in Australia ans sell for $300 or 400 + i dunno thats even crazier since they could make ther own if they got some chemicals and stuff and the basic chemisrty needed to make it,,,dunno that sucks altho i don't do crystal meth or cocaine anymore in several years or more,,but damn i bet the MDMA is super coslty also...

7. Ivana13

Ivana13 Member

Green is a bit more in QLD coz a lot of the time it is transported up from southern states. The humidity levels and prolific insect population that flourish in such climates in the north make it harder to grow good bud without running in to probs such as bud rot, fungus/mould, insect probs, etc.

Going rates in Victoria are ...

Bud - $15 gm/ $70 1/4 / $220 - $250 Oz / and an avg of $2,300 - $2,800 for an elbow. Tho, some country areas will pay $4,000, ...and wether correct or not, .. have heard $5,000 to move an elbow to QLD - which would justify some of the price descrepancy.

Hash I only know of going in gm's for $30. Not enough about to have bulk prices on.

8. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

your an island that does a very good job of keeping drugs out, so when they get in you pay more.

9. ScottDK420

ScottDK420 Banned

Apparently the Aussie goverment has more customs agents and drug agents than the US! which I thought we had it bad here ,especially compared to Canada with them being able to grow such large amounts of highv grade buds..Of course we got it much ,much better than /china or some asian or middle eastern nations where they execute people for smuggling which is really crazy since the amount of drugs the consider smuggling are probably low ....I though that with souce a large coastline around Australia that smugglers could be able to bring in drugs via boat or whatever in a remote area of the country but I suppose that since a lot of areas are very lowly populated that it would be hard for smugglers to blend in with locals or get there product to a large city...

10. Heartbeat

Heartbeat Guest

lol, for me it cost 5$ for 1gram (canada,Quebec)

11. childofapeacefdulnation

childofapeacefdulnation Member

come down to melbourne 10 bucks a gram for medium high grade pot

12. dynamohumm

dynamohumm Member

costs me nothing:):2thumbsup:

13. ghost of rat

ghost of rat Senior Member

How much do you pay for an oz of indoor in austalia???
    Top quality NZ buds go for 350 an oz, sometimes 300 nz dollars
    outdoor ususally goes for 250-300 an oz
    In rurual areas it can be cheaper but you have to know the right people.

14. dutchblood87

dutchblood87 Member

15. Aalina

Aalina Member

We all know how expensive it is to live in Australia's largest cities. Cairns in Australia is the place to be if you are looking for, as it is less expensive.

16. SamKush

SamKush Member

Everything is expensive in Australia. It is what it is :)
    They have higher salaries and wages so it follows the cost of production for goods and the rendering of services will also get higher.