Dextromethorphan [DXM] FAQ

Discussion in 'Pharmaceuticals' started by MeatWagon499, Jun 17, 2008.

1. sdng

sdng Member

i did a 600 mg dose last night while drunk.. it was very dream like.. i hardly remember it tho

2. MeatWagon499

MeatWagon499 Senior Member

the main part is 3-4 hours but all in all like 8 hours

3. rebelliouspunk

rebelliouspunk Member

I got these Tussin Pills, that are a generic version of real Robotussin pills, and the Active Ingredients it reads: Dextromethorphan HBr, USP 15 mg. What does the USP stand for, and do you guys think it's okay to take?

4. sam&ella

sam&ella Member

It's either "under survellience person", or "United States Pharmacopia".

5. rebelliouspunk

rebelliouspunk Member

So it's okay to take? Alright thanks. I didn't feel like having to shoplift another one.

6. MeatWagon499

as long as its just Dextromethorphan you are good to go. USP is on all pharms, it must mean they are pure unlike street drugs

7. Severely stoned

Severely stoned Senior Member

Where's the fun in that? :D

8. MeatWagon499

iduno, not dying is pretty fun. remember when people were taking heroin cut with fentanyl or something crazy and kept dying? if DXM was like that, i probably wouldn't do it.

9. Feelings Of U4ia

Feelings Of U4ia Senior Member

I see a lot of threads on this forum, and others as well, from newer DXM users questioning what type of "cough syrup" to use. Before I list this information, I want to make everyone aware of the fact that I really don't advocate using OTC cough medications as a proper form of ingesting DXM. Sure, it's easy to acquire, but it's disgusting, and considering that DXM is a LEGAL drug, there is no reason why anyone shouldn't be ingesting PURE DXM powder that can be found on the internet, for very very cheap.

With that said, here is some information about ordering DXM online that I found over at Erowid:

-------------------------------------------

So as you can see, ordering online definitely has it's perks. $18.20 for 5000mg of PURE DXM, is simply unbeatable. You can weigh it out, throw it in a couple capsules, and you are smooth sailing with no gross aftertaste or upset stomach from consuming 4-12oz of something that we hated taking a tablespoon of when we were a kid.

Another thing that should be noted...

Make SURE that whatever you get, the ONLY active ingredient listed is one of the following:

"dextromethorphan", "dextromethorphan HBr", "dextromethorphan hydrobromide", "dextromethorphan polystirex", "dextromethorphan polystyrex"

That being said, here is some good information about the various products out there:

ROBITUSSIN MAXIMUM STRENGTH COUGH

[​IMG]

Active Ingredient: DXM HBr
    4oz = 354mg DXM
    8oz = 708mg DXM

This is probably one of the most used products. Some have said their's contains no menthol, and some have said theirs does. If given the choice, take the one without methol. Menthol can irritate the throat, and makes some gag.

--------------------------------------

CVS TUSSIN MAXIMUM STRENGTH COUGH

[​IMG]

4oz = 354mg DXM
    8oz = 708mg DXM

This is an example of a generic equivalent of Robitussin. The ingredients are basically same as Robitussin, just cheaper, thinner, and no menthol. While CVS is a regional drugstore, and not national, you can always look around in your local drugstore for generic brands. Just check your active ingredients!

--------------------------------------

ROBITUSSIN HONEY COUGH

[​IMG]

4oz = 237mg DXM
    8oz = 474mg DXM

This is similar to the maximum strength cough, except that it has a much more "normal" taste (strange honey taste), but it is alot thicker. Alot of people dont advise this syrup because of its thick consistancy, which makes it alot harder to take in large amounts without getting nauseas. Not too many people prefer this brand, or if they do, they usually get sick of it eventually.

----------------------------------

VICKS 44 COUGH RELIEF

[​IMG]

4oz = 237mg DXM
    8oz = 474mg DXM

Some people choose this brand. It tends to be thick, nasty tasting (like most syrups) and contains less DXM than Robitussin Max Strength.

------------------------------------

10. Feelings Of U4ia

DELSYM

[​IMG]

Active Ingredient: DXM Polistirex
    3oz = 534mg DXM Polistirex

Most people say this is the easest to drink (taste wise), but its fairly expensive for one 3oz bottle. This syrup contains DXM Polistirex which is usually not as good as DXM HBr. This takes notably longer to kick in, takes more to be as intense, and lasts longer. For more info on DXM polistirex:

http://www.dextroverse.org/whatis.html#polistirex

----------------------------------------

Robitussin Cough Gels

[​IMG]

Package = 20 geltabs
    1 Geltab = 15mg DXM

This is the easiest dxm-only pills to find out there. Contains half the amount Dexalone does but easier to find. I personally would rather chug a semi-liquid syrup than eat all those lil gelcaps. (barf)

---------------------------------------

DEXALONE

[​IMG]

Package = 30 geltabs
    1 Geltab = 30mg DXM

These pills contain only DXM and can be difficult to find. Check out their webpage for more info. Its not that great of a deal for 900mg for $12. Most pharmacies will order this product for you if you ask, and maybe even stock them on the shelves if you give them enough business.

Dexalone's webpage: http://www.dexgen.com/

--------------------------------------------

Sucrets

[​IMG]

Package = 18 lozenges
    1 lozenge = 10mg DXM

This is a throat lozenge that contains 10mg of dxm a piece. Some people choose this route and eat them whole, or they might try an extraction on them.

Info on how to do an extraction on sucrets: http://www.dextroverse.org/extractions.html#sucretex

-----------------------------------------

11. Feelings Of U4ia

WARNING, DO NOT INGEST THESE, EVER!!!!!!!!!!

CORICIDIN COUGH AND COLD

[​IMG]

Active Ingredients: DXM HBr, chloropheniramine maleate
    Package = 16 tablets
    1 Tablet = 30mg DXM / 4mg CPM

Warning! DO NOT take this recreationally! The chloropheniramine maleate(CPM) has been know to cause deaths and comas when taken in large amounts. Many people have an allergic reaction to this antihistamine, and bad things happen in large amounts. This became popular because it was alot easier to do instead of downing some cough syrup. It is not recommended to take this, but if you want, check the extractions for info on removing the CPM.

Info on how to do an extraction on CCC's (NOT RECOMMENDED)

http://www.dextroverse.org/txt/cccextraction.txt

------------------------------------------------

Okay, so there ya go, there is some really good information about the different types of products out there, and a little info on each one. All of this information was taken from http://www.dextroverse.org

This is a site that I used to use quite a bit back in my DXM days, it has a ton of information, and a fun forum to talk to other DXM users.

Another good site to learn more is: http://third-plateau.org/

Also, as I am sure a lot of people know, Erowid is also a good reference, just don't trust everything you read on the internet though.

Also, this is a very good read if you are a new or inexperienced with DXM, I actually think it is a must read:

http://www.dextroverse.org/faq.html

There are 3 links to different ways to view the FAQ, but it is all the same FAQ.

Well, there ya go guys, there is my contribution for the day. I hope I helped out some people, and please guys, be very careful with DXM. People think it's harmless because it's found in OTC cough medications, but it is a VERY powerful dissociative drug, in the SAME family as PCP and Ketamine, believe it or not!

12. Feelings Of U4ia

Sorry for everyone that it had to be broken up into 3 posts, but I could only post 4 images in each post!

EDIT:

If a Mod could somehow convert this into all one post, maybe it could be stickied....it is really good info, and I really hope it helps people. I know it did when I was first indulging into DXM.

13. salmon4me

salmon4me Senior Member

Merged your info with the DXM sticky we already have.

14. kil0

kil0 The Rebel

dude you're insane. DXM already makes me nauseous, imagine doing it while already drunk. I woulda been puking my guts out.

:puke:

15. Feelings Of U4ia

I PMed you about seeing if you or the original poster could update the first post with that info too.

16. MeatWagon499

i could, but would it all fit?

17. Feelings Of U4ia

Ehh, I doubt it, which is why I was just hoping for it to be stickied as well. Honestly, who is going to going through 4 pages of thread thinking there is going to be another big bundle of information there?

Oh well, as long as some people see it, it should help!

18. Feelings Of U4ia

I just thought of something, you could edit it, and just remove the images of the pictures, then it would fit. Up to you though.

19. MeatWagon499

dude, don't take the equaline brand i drank a 4oz and i just had wet craps

edit: well after the comeup it turned out to be a better trip than the CVS brand. I have no idea why as the ingredients are exactly the same.

20. BillyX

BillyX Member

I just stumbled across some information about another possibly dangerous interaction with DXM. Which would be LSA (HB woodrose & Morning Glory seeds) i was thinking about trying this combo until i did a bit of research and found it was probably not the best idea for the reason LSA is vasoconstricting and DXM causes High blood pressure and heart rate and this combination could lead to problems.