Best way to get media attention?

Discussion in 'The Media' started by Cam Gold, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Cam Gold

Cam Gold Member

We all know that media attention is what spurs movements, but in todays age when the media has been conditioned to ignore youthful movements so that it doesnt "move". What is there to do?

Some believe in alt. forms of media, such as youtube, other internet medias, and some underground magazines..

What do you think is the best way to get activism in the spotlight these days?

2. forrealz

forrealz Banned

I don't know,I think part of the problem is the internet itself,and 24 hour news.Before the internet and 24 hour news,when the networks aired their half hour news shows,if they broke a story everyone knew about it.In this so called information age,I think people are actually more clueless.

3. sethm13

sethm13 Member

The best way to get in the news is really to do something out of the ordinary. Whether it be something stupid. Something heroic. Something funny, or something helpful. It needs to be something that will enable News stations to get new viewers, or that will sell papers for Newspaper companies. Using Youtube is also a great way to get attention, seeing as it is one of the most visited sites on the internet. You can also use Digg.com to attract a lot of attention to a story or something. As forrealz mentioned, the internet now has a much larger impact on the population then the local news. If you can land yourself a front page spot on a popular website like CNN you'll quickly find yourself gaining support. Really. All you need is a cause worth fighting for, and supporters that will risk any and everything for the cause.

4. Alter-Reality

Alter-Reality Member

definately be unique, do something unexpected and different... but not just weird, but something that impacts EVERYONE, especially in a profound way. Unfortunately, people who perform acts of violence and terrorism are experts on getting media attention. It seems that all the media ever talks about is war, violence, negativity, etc. Never good things. that's an unfortunate problem.

5. IntellectualCurious

IntellectualCurious Member

that one guy who crashed his plane into a building bcause of taxes or something... he got attention.

6. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

explosions. something drastic, like the what the last two posters said.

7. deleted

deleted Visitor

mass nicotine overdose to protest Cannabis... , while paramedics were on stand by..(there will be some illnesses and possibly fatalities.) sometimes you got to take one for the team. The following week attept the same thing with a Cannabis Overdose with the paramedics on stand by & on stand by & on stand by & on stand by & on stand by & snore.. :)

8. Kista

Kista Member

If most people knew, media wouldnt show it.

9. AutumnsFlame

AutumnsFlame Member

Unfortunately, I think one of the "best" ways to get a hell of a lot of media attention is to kill yourself in a really extreme way. Not something I would do, but the media would be all over that shit.

10. deleted

deleted Visitor

yeah., my idea sucks.. :p

you might be better off changing your clothes first.. like put on a suit and tie..

11. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

I like Max Clifford's answer:

1. Appear on a reality series
    2. Enter a talent contest
    3. Be abysmal on a talent show
    4. Gain fame by association
    5. Date a celebrity
    6. Flaunt your body
    7. Date a Royal Family member
    8. Make a home sex video
    9. Be a success on MySpace