henry rollins

Discussion in 'Punk' started by zippolite, Apr 19, 2008.

1. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Personally I think he is an egotistical asshole who has vastly overestimated his musical ability. But that was the point of punk it was supposed to suck, supposed to sound raw.

He is not near as intelligent as he thinks he is. Just a bitter old punk.

2. bobsmoot

bobsmoot Member

I think that's a bit harsh. I've seen some great interviews where he speaks with great insight on current affairs and politics.

3. Joker8six

Joker8six Members

Of course his front for black flag is amazing. but i really tried to get into his spoken stuff and i just cant dig

4. GoingHome

GoingHome Further Within

[​IMG]

Garfield is sooo punk rawk.

5. GoingHome

GoingHome Further Within

6. Punk was not supposed to suck. Punks didn't go around getting off on how much their bands sucked. They thought they were cool. We think they are cool. I guess by "suck" you mean not technically proficient? But this has so little to do with sucking. So please don't say punk was supposed to suck, because it doesn't suck. Punk is the most unlimited musical form that ever happened. There's virtually nothing that can't be punk, if it has the right spirit to it. And that spirit means business. It isn't fucking around. Everything that isn't fucking around is punk. Everything that is fucking around is not punk.

7. magickman

magickman Supporters HipForums Supporter

I liked much of Black Flag's music, and have enjoyed many of Henry Rollins' writings/comments.

Would like to see a BF reunion. Hopefully they are all still living.