Young Living Essential Oils?

Discussion in 'Hip Business Network' started by moon.beam, Apr 12, 2008.

1. moon.beam

moon.beam Member

I just came across the website for Young Living Essential Oils & was looking at the independent distributing agreement with the company.

So my two questions are: Is Young Living a decent company/do they have decent products?..... and what do you all think about this sort of job? I've never had experience with independent distributing & I don't know if it's something that would be enjoyable or not.

Thanks for the input!
    Peace & Love,
    Moon Beam

2. jrnyman

jrnyman kermit

I know somebody who uses their oils. The product is nice but the company to me feels kind of sketchy. Their business feels pretty aggressive and not soothing like the product they peddle. Also they just opened up a farm in Guayaquil, Ecuador... read rainforest land.

I don't know maybe they're cool they just sent up a few warning flags for me.

3. moon.beam

moon.beam Member

Thanks for the heads up! Had kind of given up this idea, but I'm glad to know I made the right choice!
    Peace & Blessings,
    Moon Beam

4. essentialoi13

essentialoi13 Guest

Hi,
    Fighting disease with essential oils is not a new concept. In fact, throughout the world, and throughout the ages, people depended solely on such preparations to do so. You can get more information from www(dot)essentialoilsonline(dot)co(dot)uk.

5. shameless_heifer

shameless_heifer Super Moderator

I have been using Young Living Essential Oils for 20 yrs or so in my Soaps, Lotions Massage/Healing Blends. I do recommend their Oils to be the highest in Frequency and contains the highest Quality there is available. I have used other brand of oils but have not had the success in bringing about healing as I do with Young Living. Nature's Sunshine Essential Oils are very good also and I do use them in my work too.

I have been to Gary Young's seminars and met him and his family in person. They are very good folk and not evil minded ppl.

I would have to ask these questions before you judge Young Living to harshly. If there were an Oil that would save your child/parent/bro/sis or friend and the only way to get this oil was to cut some trees down, what would you do? What links would you go to to get that Oil? Would you move a village to get it, would you cut every tree in the universe down to save your child?

They are not out there looking for BS, these Oils save lives. I understand saving the trees/forests. But ask yourself if you would be willing to sacrifice a loved one for some of them. Demand and Supply. The forest will eventually be cut down for greed in the end, so why not save as many lives as we can as it happens. Would you give your life to save a tree?

Don't get me wrong, I love trees, I know we can't survive without them. I plant trees every Spring. I value them dearly. But if one of my kids needed that tree cut down to live. The tree would be sacrificed not my child. I can honestly say that most everyone would feel this way. So how do you make a decision like this, without considering both sides. Without some compromise.
    sh

6. shameless_heifer

shameless_heifer Super Moderator

After further thinking and rereading this post. As a biz'nez, you can make $$ distributing YLEO products if you have a downline, or a shop. I had a shop and did very well bc I bought wholesale and sold retail or incorporated their products into my soaps, wrinkle/scar creams, lotions and oil blends along with herbs teas and other natural herbals and healing products.

To be honest, I used Nature's Sunshine Herbs and Young Living Essentials. Young Living did the oils first and they were exclucively Essentials, they later added herbs, ect to their line as they grew. Nature's Sunshine primarily started with herbs and only added the Essentials in the last 10 yrs. I was working for Nature's Sunshine when they added the Essentials. I was also a manager for YL bc I used a lot of Essentials in my work.

I found that YL had more volume in their containers then NS and cost less. You have to buy into both to get their products or go through a distributor, they are not sold in Wal-Mart.

When I make candles for healing or ritual use I use NOW Essential Oils, which are way less expencive and stand up better with direct heat/flame on them. Heat changes the frequency of essentials. They can bruise easily and alter the potency.

Tidbits of healing
    sh

7. BobbinBecca

BobbinBecca Member

I've been loving on the YL, it's local. Was at a local baseball game bid on a gift basket from YL and got a slew of stuff for $50, otherwise they're too expensive for me.

8. organic411

organic411 Guest

I Have been working with YL for a couple years now, it takes work and dedication to actually create an active downline.
    If you want to buy wholesale and resell oils I would recommend snowlotus.org they have great organic essential oils and there is no joining or distributor fee etc which is a big turn off for a lot of people.
    If you have a store or make products you can get a very good wholesale price close to 50% and you can also buy in bulk which is great for those making soaps etc..

So I use both, I continue to build my YL downline but I also sell SnowLotus oils directly in my store.
    Hope this helps

9. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

I had to pop in here.
    I used a massage oil that was a very clean carrier and a YL EO.
    I have made the identical oil for years using a different oil source.

My client HATED YL. Red blotches on his skin. My hands reacted, too.
    So I started looking 'round, and found lots of people react badly to the oils, and most reactions are post 2009.
    I'm guessing a formula or source change.

Something to think about. If you have your own shop, multi source. People love or hate oils for many reasons.