George Harrison

Discussion in 'Hippie Wisdom' started by wordman, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Didymus Doppelgänger

Didymus Doppelgänger Misfit Lover

We're all one. Yeehaw.

2. Tisbutehname

Tisbutehname Member

I never referenced how he was funny: for instance: Savoy Truffle: WHITE ALBUM. rest my case. otherwise, go watch his SET ON YOU music video. although it wasnt him doing the backflip i can almost guarantee, i bet you it was his idea.

3. ~Beatle Girl~

~Beatle Girl~ Member

^Be sure of it!
    George is definitely one of my biggest inspirations in many ways. He was the reason why I started playing the guitar and my dream is to learn how to play the sitar. Also, made me make a research on Estern culture and spirituality. I really love him :) There are so many songs I like from him, currently my favorite is "If You Believe"

4. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I am grooving to a lost Harrison masterpiece, "Thanks for the Pepperoni". They included it on the re-release of All Things Must Pass.

5. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

When I try to learn old Beatles songs on the guitar, I am often frustrated by how difficult the chords are. Harrison was a sophisticated guitarist very early on.

6. alyssajewel

alyssajewel Member

7. granny_longhair

granny_longhair Member

Interesting that people now think of him as "underrated" as a guitarist. My memory of the Beatle era is that George was always considered one of the best lead guitar players of all time. Certainly one of the most creative. I remember the bands back then were always trying to learn how to play the Beatles instrumental breaks, most of which George wrote.

8. 52~unknown~52

52~unknown~52 Member

george and john were the two best beatles... paul's cool and ringos aight but it's sad that the good ones die so young :( i have only heard within without you on the love album... but because the distort so many songs on that album i can't tell if thats how the songs supposed to be... at least we got the internet!!

9. raz5

raz5 زینب

:drool5:

10. Payj

Payj Member

right on, awesome

11. Vongaelly

Vongaelly Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I have always loved that lyric. George was pretty amazing lol

12. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

The 'Quiet one' = seems that His Muse of Consideration is of a doctrine that we should all embrace - As strong as/of characters John and Paul were (Ringo being an element of his own particular design) when George spoke, all listened - his patience of retaining musical composition whilst the others took preference before his, (as his of catalogue of songs on "All things must pass" shows) for me exhibits how much Class; before pride he had - Not only a Gentle man - but a Gentleman too
    :)