Pain Level On Nipple Piercings?

Discussion in 'Body Modification' started by thereflexdylan, Apr 5, 2008.

1. thereflexdylan

thereflexdylan Member

I'm pretty interested in getting my nipples pierced, out of experience, can anyone describe how this feels to get done? I've got quite a bit of ink, and my ears pierced, but I'm guessing that this is a totally different pain. Can anyone describe to me what the process is like? How does it feel? Pain level?

Thanks.

2. good vibrations

good vibrations Member

i have never had my nipples pirced no do i want to, but i will say that everyone has a diferent pain tolerance and that like, one will say that it doesnt hurt whereas one will say it does. its up to the individual. i allways take the wimps way out and get it numbed befor a pirceing.

3. RedLotus

RedLotus Member

Ok so nipple piercing pain is different for males anf females.

Males is hurts so badly, because thier nerve endings are so close togther. So for guys the needle going through hurts,and so does the after part.

Females, the inital piercing its self doesnt hurt that bad, its after that hurts when the nerves grow back. Because the nerves in our nipples are spread out, its really one of the least painful piercings a girl can get. When i got both mine done i told the guy who did it that when he pierced my belly button it hurt way more than my nipples.

NEVER numb anything before you get it pierced, cause one the numbness wears off your piercing could actully turn out crooked and shit... not a good thing to have

Mirsman likes this.
  4. good vibrations

good vibrations Member

^ ok coolies. i hate pain thats why i get it numbed.... but yeah i numbed my belly button befor i got it pirced, and its not crooked at all...

Pierced guy likes this.
  5. atropine

atropine Member

Its quite varied.. Its well known to be one of the more painful piercings, and moreso for males. In saying that though I barely felt mine get pierced, although at the same time my prince albert was the most painful piercings and other people say it was nothing to them.

6. SMOKEE420

SMOKEE420 Member

I've had mine done for a week now, and i thought it hurt it.
    It's not something i would choose to get again. But it depends kinda on how well you can take pain. i take pain pretty good and my nipples fuckin hurt when the guy did them.

But you wont know till you find out for yourself, someone could tell you it hurt them and you go in and it doesnt hurt. or visversa.

7. callinghome

callinghome Member

I have both my nipples pierced, and I found them not to be very painful. My nose was worse, and definitely getting a tattoo was more pain. My tongue was the most painful piercing of mine.
    The pain of getting my nipples pierced was weird, because it hurt ALOT, but literally for a split second, and then the pain was completely gone. No soreness after, and they healed very very well.
    Though I hear it's more painful for guys, as mentioned above, but I don't know your gender.
    Good luck =]

8. wastingthedawn

wastingthedawn *~Pure Light~*

Not so painful that it's not worth having done if you want it...

I can't speak for dudes cause I heard it does hurt more, but I did not think it was that bad when I got it, just pain for a second and then done, healed really easily...

9. ahimsa

ahimsa Senior Member

^^^exactly. As a male who had pierced nips, the pain was intense but quick and worth it.

In comparison with tattoos, the pain is 100x more intense but instantaneous. Its the difference between slight pain for a long time or intense blinding hot pain for a split second. By the time you realize it hurts like a mofo, its over...until the next one Hahaha.

Anyway. healing them was the really unpleasant part as they can be picky. And getting the one snagged and ripped was the worst.

Cheers

10. Kona Girl D

Kona Girl D Member

I've always had sensitive nip's. Went to get them both pierced, left with just the left one done. It did hurt in a burning sensation kinda way, I kept it very clean and it healed perfectly. It is just WAY more sensitive now. Can't play with it as much as the right. May be a scar tissue thing.

Also, I did it b/f any kids. I removed the ring a few months into my first pregnancy, as it is a nursing choking hazard. When my "milk came in", the holes leaked like crazy - kinda funny. I have never put the ring back in, though am still nursing my youngest baby, I don't think I ever will.

I have always thought the girl made the hole too far behind my nipple - but I am not a piercer - so it may be right.

Like my tat's more .....

11. mephist00

mephist00 Member

most painful piercing i ever got were my nipple piercings :X

had both of them done, hurt like hell at first.. but i was 'into it'. i was goin to alot of parties at the time tho, and it was only a matter of time before some drunk friend of mine tried twisting my nipples.. and that hurt like a bitch, got infected.

make sure no one twists ur nipz for a while, after u get get ur nipplez pierced

12. crazymama39705

crazymama39705 Member

I agree, everyones pain tolerance is different and it's different for males and females. I had mine done and it didn't really hurt at all, during and after. I mean if I bumped it somehow I'd know it but other than that it was fine. The most painful part was her preparing for it. The left one didn't hurt at all and the right one hurt just a bit but it felt like someone pinched it and then let go, nothin serious. But even if you do get it and it hurts, the pain won't last forever and it will look good afterwards.

13. nakedtreehugger

nakedtreehugger craaaaaazy

it really wasn't bad at all. so far, the nose has been the most painful. the nipples next. lip/labret/tongue not at all, ears barely noticed, bellybutton, i don't remember, it was a long time ago lol! pain is so different from person to person... but yeah... it was like a pretty good pinch while i shoved the needle through, then nothing but a dull ache, very very bearable, for a couple days. that was it! and yes, the second one hurts a little more because your body is already a little more sensitive, but do them both at the same time is my recommendation! :)

14. goodvibes83

goodvibes83 Senior Member

ok, so I am contemplating getting my nipples pierced...but there is one thing that really scares me...
    So i have very sensitive nipples, I don't know if that is the best way to put it, but I mean i get much pleasure from simple contact with my nipples...I've heard getting them pierced is risky...is there REALLY a chance nerves will be permanently damaged and I may never have this quick pleasure again?!?!

and is that leaking situation previously mentioned, when milking, a common occurence?

15. bouie

bouie Member

when i got mine done it hurt like fuck for that split second. but right afterwards it felt really good when i very slightly brush my fingers across it through a shirt. i also heard that it is worse for a man because woman have natural pain relievers that are released when breastfeeding.

16. underthesun

underthesun Member

it must vary a lot. for me all of my piercings have been QUICK pain except for my nipples. my nipples hurt when the needle went through, but continued to throb with pain for another day or so, which has never happened with any of my other piercings, even my septum and my clit.

17. hellodreadhead

hellodreadhead Beta as fuck

I have both mine done. And the pain wasnt bad at all. They did numb them though. The only way to can find out is by getting them done yourself. The most painful piercing I ever got was an industrial (Scaffold) at the top of my ear. That hurt sooo much and way more than my nipples ever did

18. Mr.Fuzzybottom

Mr.Fuzzybottom Visitor

I am a 19 year old male i,ve had my nipples done twice once at a party and once professionally first off it does hurt but its not unbarable you can feel every mm of that needle and when it goes through the little tube inside your nipple its a really hard material so it feels like getting cartilage pierced the healing is a bitch takes almost a year and they always get ripped open or irritated so they never actually heal for males atleast i would not recomend them ive had them since i was 17 and cannot change the rings because as soon as you take them out it swells shut and you have to force the threads through which hurts use LONG INTERNALLY THREADED BARS the heal better and dont rip as much as rings i was not number at all and got through it good luck.

19. Shakti_Om

Shakti_Om Local Pixie

Yeah not too bad. I found that having them done was not too painful, they just took a while to heal. The rings as expected created a lot of extra sensitivity especially against clothing. That was a pain in the ass at first because once my nipples got hard the piercings got painful. One of the only times I wore a bra, I had to buy a sports bra to limit the rubbing until they were healed.

Sx

20. Its V

Its V Member

It was pretty painful but over quickly. Got mine done about 1 and a half months ago. It's healing nicely.