2012 among other things

Discussion in 'The Future' started by Spiritawakening, Mar 27, 2008.

1. hipsage88

hipsage88 Member

in the 14th centurary, the great philosipher Nostradomas made many perdictions that actualy came true. then he predicted in december 2012 the world was gonna end. however, his prediction was never complete because he was struck down by illness and died. however he did predicted the age of man would live on. in my opoinion, if we can start saving our planet, his predition of mankind saving the earth they walk upon can come true. that should probably stop any zombies from coming, lol.

2. Lwilliams

Lwilliams Member

My son, 17, is very focused on 2012, and what is going to happen along with opening his mind & body to experience new things. I generally enjoy his open attitude but I do worry about his future ...
    Linda...wedding favors

3. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i am unawaire of any yardstick by which nostradamus was either "great", a "phylosopher", nor even remotely a "great phylosopher". i do suspect a ragle tagle handful of humanity well survive its current self destruction at its own hands, primarily be environmental means and mindboglingly absurd priorities.

actually i expect a lot more then that. but i also expect the unfolding of the most great peace to not fallow smoth nor entirely predictable pathways.

what we're doing to ourselves and our world we are doing, but this bussiness of some particular date figguring into it, i really don't quite entirely see how.

could be anything or nothing, as far as the date specifically is concerned. decades of things that could never happen happening, for the both good and bad, well you know we've already started into that. there's any number of dates you could pick for its already having started, even as far back as the election of raygun, or even earlier.

=^^=
    .../\...

4. Harpo

Harpo Member

No it didn't - the "end of the world" part was added in recent years by gullible/paranoid idiots

5. MaximusXXX

MaximusXXX Senior Member

That's right, that's just when the Mayans predicted a very bad harvest season.

And they got slaughtered by the Spanish so who gives a fuck?

6. SelfControl

SelfControl Boned.

Yeah, I thought the whole thing was that their calendar ends in 2012. But I mean, the UK car registration plate system "ended" a few years back. We just came up with another one. Probably if the Mayans hadn't been wiped out they would've done the same.

7. themnax

themnax Senior Member

precisely my point. except for one little detail. "the mayans" weren't "wiped out". they didn't GO anywhere. there STILL HERE.

calling themselves catholics mostly if anybody asks. as a sort of protective coloration, but all the time rediscouvering and resurecting their indiginous ethnicity too.

but yes, percisely, the "ending" of a calender, is just the ending of a calender.

there are definately forces of change going on in this world. certain things WILL be forced by circumstances to chaige during the next few decades.

but the only thing that ever happens entirely on any one particular day, is that some politician gets up and makes a speach, generally taking credit for
    something everyone else is already doing anyway.

=^^=
    .../\...

8. i0-techno

i0-techno The Magnificent Dope

I call it evolution and I sometimes see us as mind vibes, instead of bodies anymore because it seems for the majority of humans to 'survive' now they 'need' a lot of what I would call harmful commodities that they aren't willing to let go of. And for the world not to be destroyed we as a human race will have to take up less useful energy and let it be dispersed in a more productive and fulfilling way, i.e. perceptual creation, universal travel or dreaming.

9. Harpo

Harpo Member

How's 2012 going for your, so far?

10. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Nice post necro, man....

11. themnax

themnax Senior Member

changing? yes. dramatically? not THAT dramatically all at once.