2012 among other things

Discussion in 'The Future' started by Spiritawakening, Mar 27, 2008.

1. FinnishButterfly

FinnishButterfly JennyJelly

I really don't think the video mentions ducks I never saw anything about it..

I really don't see what the ducks have to do with anything. :-/ Unless it's about evolution... lol

2. SelfControl

SelfControl Boned.

READ BETWEEN THE LINES.

Seriously, this is hilarious.

3. Skratch

Skratch Member

Ill be 23 in 2012
    23 and drunk
    On December 23, 2012 I will be 23 and very drunk

that is all

4. FinnishButterfly

LMAO.

5. Zhyppers

Zhyppers Member

2012 The dooms year. The Myan Civilization had a Calender that said that the world would end in that year.

I know that the new "great age" is coming about that year.
    I know that astronomers say that the planet will be going into a certian part in the galaxy that has a lot of meteor activity.
    I know that if something doesn't happen soon, some countries might be bombed before then.

So much stuff that I don't even worry about it. What will be will be.

6. SelfControl

SelfControl Boned.

Haha, the curse of the Mayans: you see a prediction of the end of the world, and you don't even try to prevent it!

Thank god this isn't a widespread belief; I'd still like to think we'd want to fight the Conquistadors.

7. MaximusXXX

MaximusXXX Senior Member

2012 is the year that has had the most organizations call the " end times ".

Several religions etc

I don't know, some people say that by 2025 the majority of the U.S. army will be robots......Terminator Universe anyone?

8. Zhyppers

Zhyppers Member

...just no.

9. Pennyroyal_Tea

Pennyroyal_Tea Member

Exactly.

The whole terminator thing is crap... My dad and I both agree that true, thinking A.I. isn't a possibility, since if a machine thinks it'll wind up going there eventually.

10. MaximusXXX

MaximusXXX Senior Member

I don't think so, A.I. is already becoming more and more apart of our society, just a matter of times before the machines take over.

And if you don't like that then how about Demolition Man Universe??

Forget the intro where 96 Los Angeles has a major gang war, the future 2032 that film presents is becoming more and more realistic, if u haven't seen it I suggest you do.

11. Bl4ck3n3D

Bl4ck3n3D Member

A.I could never match human consciousness/intelligence.

12. Spiritawakening

Spiritawakening Member

13. MaximusXXX

MaximusXXX Senior Member

Some people are very much like robots.

Tis true.

14. themnax

themnax Senior Member

or lack of it. are you SURE the "i have cum" thread wasn't posted by one? i'm not.

=^^=
    .../\...

15. SelfControl

SelfControl Boned.

Who says it has to though? We don't need or particularly want AI to be as smart as a human, or rather indistinguishable from human, from any practical purpose, we just want to prove that it can be done. The robots we actually want only have to be as smart as a seeing-eye dog for them to be infinitely more useful to us than they are now.

I'd also flip the argument, and argue that we find the notion of robots being as smart as us, or as alive as us, so disturbing that we redefine intelligence/life every time we get close. Fact is, nerds in their bedrooms with no tenure or grants have written computer viruses that are more complex than half the animal life on our planet. Pretty much any piece of "cybernetic" software we own is as smart as a paramecium, and they're made by retard children in Laos, for god's sake! It's a horrific notion that we not only can create life, but have done.

16. schafer

schafer Member

Maybe the world will end in 2012 maybe it wont. SHIT HAPPENS

17. FinnishButterfly

The only thing that is going to happen is a major KABOOM in the spiritual world. People are going to have more knowledge about religion, and you'll get a couple nutcases who think they're God.

18. themnax

themnax Senior Member

we had an awaikening in 1963, that came to a degree of fruition in the late 60s and throughout the 70s. the decades since then have been the last kneejerk kick of what is most screwed up. the death rattle of it as it were. and THAT, WILL, end.

and then, neither happily ever after nor bussiness as usual as such, but reality with all its vast diversity. and yes, spritual in a more real sense, which is a sense not often these days associated with that word. not one that fanatics of any stripe ever had, can or will either.

fanatacism is the real anti-spirituality and more people will realize that, but even more, will be more filled up of there time with survival, but also with a certain great deal more of elbow room of inovation on a personal scale to deal with it.

the letter of the details of what is to unfold remains to be seen as it does. some people will call it an end of some things, others a biggining, all in how each choose to look at whatever actual events do come about.

but it isn't all about one big deal happening in one narrow timeframe. the proccess started a while ago. and will continue to take a while to complete, on the scale of decades and centuries, not isolated events that one day or weak or month or year can be pointed to and credited with them.

=^^=
    .../\...

19. Squilla

Squilla Banned

There is and always will be chaos. There will always be individuals who wish to hate and kill or do wrongs to others. The Universe is very brutal. I believe the only way for man to unite is to unite to protect the planet, or for some outer force to come and help us live in harmony with each other. I think thats what 2012 is all about. I know aliens have been here before.

20. themnax

themnax Senior Member

there will always be chaos yes, but only maliciousness makes chaos brutal, and the thoughtlessness that creates a market for it.

chaos by itself, is as innocent as it is formless. the endless psycodellic well in which the seeds of every sort of structure and organization grow.

in no way does this require the kind of collective suicide that stems from comodifying everything.

there may always be a few using this as a cop out, but they haven't always been a fashist majority, and they won't always will.

there is nothing brutal about the impersonal diversity of reality. pretending that it is, that is the ultimate lame cop-out there ever was. only human coerciveness is maliciously brutal, and that, is a choice.

we don't HAVE to screw things up for ourselves, and we are idiots to convince each other that we do, on the off chance of being among the very few who APPEAR to get anything out of doing so.

we DON'T HAVE to keep screwing up the kind of world we all have to live in. and it IS up to US. and you know what, we HAVE NOT always done so, and we won't always will. because if we do, we screw ourselves out of a world, by our own careless thoughtlessness, that we cannot physically live without. and i just suspect, and there might be all kinds of crap between now and then, or not as much, depending on how soon and how much we wise up, but i just suspect, we are somehow, however reluctantly, going to grow up as a species, and get over this nonsense of making these kinds of lame excuses for screwing ourselves. the lessons of survival, as a species, will force us to.

brutality, contrary to helping the survival of anything, is collectively beating our own heads against natural reality's, neither malicious, nor simpathetic wall.

its just there. its only us, that's doing it, to ourselves.

=^^=
    .../\...