Cocaine Overdose - (Lethal Limit?)

Discussion in 'Other Drugs' started by WithoutGivingUp, Mar 15, 2008.

1. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

2. etkearne

etkearne Resident Pharmacologist

It is hard to say what amount of Cocaine will cause possibly fatal side-effects. Since Cocaine is adulterated by many chemicals, first off we don't know the purity and can't get a reliable dose in exact milligrams. Second, it means that the adulterating chemicals may have their own lethality to consider.

Next, Cocaine hits some strange receptors in the brain other than the well known Triple Reuptake Inhibition on Serotonin, Norepinephrine, and Dopamine. It is a Sigma-1 agonist and this can cause convulsions at high doses, which could kill you if you are driving or something. It also is a Sodium Channel Blocker which can cause heart issues.

So while I wish we could establish a set dose of Cocaine that is 'too high', it is hard because of the factors described.

3. stoner oxy80

stoner oxy80 *"Senior~Stoned~Member"*

sadly i od,ed 2 times on crack up for 2 days and no food and at least 2 balls of good butter rocks. went into seizers passed out, so i,m told i dont rember. smoked a nice little 50 rock last night only small doses now. i sway toward the herion more now.

4. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

You are exactly everything that we do not want associated with weed.

5. TheMaxxx

TheMaxxx Guest

Worst drug ever. i have used it from time to time over the last 6 years.
    its a contradiction. it does exactly opposite of what you need it to do.
    if you go out somewhere your stuck like glue and cant talk to anyone. you are HORNY but CANT FUCK. and it tricks you at first you think its going to be a great night and it only gets worse and worse then your money and coke runs out FAST!! go buy gold you might as well its about the same price per gram and lasts longer. go do any other drug. even heroin is better. ive never tried it but it must be better than this crap. your brain refuses to sleep it takes about 3-4 hours to go to sleep. GUILTY FEELING is a big problem with this drug almost overwhelming, you will think you are the biggest piece of shit when your coming down almost suicidal at times, and once you try it you will NEVER say NO to some. even though you expect it to suck. and just like it has you.The first time opens a window that cannot be closed.

STAY AWAY FROM COCAINE IT IS THE WORST DRUG OUT THERE BESIDES METH!
    AND ONLY SUICIDAL IDIOTS TRY METH! FUCK METH AND COKE SMOKE WEED AND EAT SOME TRIPPY SHROOMS IF YOU NEED MORE OF A BUZZ. IF YOUR ALREADY A USER AND WANT TO QUIT FOREVER GO TO A AYAHUASCA RETREAT IN THE PErUVIAN RAIN FORREST AND QUIT YOUR ADDICTIONS FOREVER THAT IS WHAT I AM DOING NEXT MONTH. My parents both experimented with cocaine and other drugs in the 80s they were kinda like hippies but urban hippies. no flowers and californian fields where you imagine hippies being, they were living in the concrete jungle NYC in the 80's, but they are originally from the rainforest full of natural beauty.They abandoned to find prosperity but instead they found the shit they were running from to slow them down. i think drugs are put on the streets deliberately to slow down a small percentage of people. to have RICH PEOPLE you NEED POOR PEOPLE. cant even imagine the drugs that were around back then unless you were in your 20's in the 80's. so maybe i am genetically predisposed to use drugs. I dont know why i use them i think my brain is bored with reality, and i need to escape somehow. its wierd that the earth can produce things to screw with the human mind.

Whatever im done talking to you MUTANTS.you wont listen anyhow. I didnt and it goes against everything i was taught and believe in. yet we still give in wtf. and remember suicide is never an answer stay stong. that suicide shit is for selfish pussies. Think! there is always an answer. take something useful out of this scrambled message. could save your life. and by the way it takes 9 GRAMS to kILL a 200lb man, but one line could kill you as well. it all depends what shape you are in internally not your outer physical shape. IF ANY WOMEN or even MAN(NO HOMOS) wants to talk hit me up.

6. TheMaxxx

TheMaxxx Guest

[QUOTE=TheMaxxxg to you MUTANTS

7. KieranCase

KieranCase Guest

If you drink and take coke it creates a 3rd drug in your body which is cocathol (something along those lines) which increases the chance of overdosing by a lot. If you are panicking after taking coke best thing to do is to smoke weed, it counteracts the coke with no side effect and will shorten your high.

8. bamboozl3r

bamboozl3r Guest

im a macho man who will listen and one who appreciates your words

9. Monday

Monday Members

It's ok bruh.

I think you need over 4-5g to "lethally od", more for SWIM with an established tolerance. SWIM has done that much (usually inadvertently) and everything is hunky dory.

I would be concerned if:
    You are taking other medications (check for common interactions too);
    You are taking something for the first time (you could potentially have an unusual reaction which SHOULD get medical attn;
    You are combining drugs or alone. If you're alone and you're worried about oding, get someone with you or at least get someone to periodically check on you and know where you are.

Happy intoxication.

10. coke slut

coke slut Members

i imagine weve all gone through that just have to wait it out

11. coke slut

coke slut Members

i have done half it can get scary

12. iamher

iamher Members

Really wish I could come up with a here's your sign for that.. made me laugh.

13. iamher

iamher Members

Any ideas on how to make the come down easier? Tried reading but ya'll type to much for after the blow is gone. Lol! Feeling kinda crappy, don't want to sleep but I gotta get up and do shit in a couple hours. Didn't do alot, probably .3 if I had to guess. No Xanax or ambian with me.

14. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

Risking OD on coke is a stupid waste. It takes a lot more to OD than it does to get a good high, so why waste it like that? The high is short, so it makes better sense to ration your supply out so that you have enough lines to stay high for a couple hours. Doing two lines at once doesn't make you feel twice as good, it just uses up your supply twice as fast.

Not many people OD on coke. When it does happen, I think it's mostly people showing off for their friends, saying things like, "Look how tough I am! Look how much coke I can do all at once!" They don't have any other motivation to go beyond a standard line. If it's really important to impress your friends with how much you can do, you can measure out 0.15 or 0.2 in advance, privately, and cut it with baking soda to make it look like a lot more at the party.

I'd recommend weekends only. Doing it too often really will fuck up your nose.

15. Strawberrycough802

Strawberrycough802 Members

I personally do two balls every Friday of good coke 80 20 most of the time 90 10 And it's a great night smoking green always helps when coming down

16. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

wow... it's been 20 years. But I used to find that eating really helps the come down.