Question for feminist subs

Discussion in 'Spanking' started by spinningtop, Mar 13, 2008.

1. howlyourname

howlyourname Member

I'm a very strong female, however I love being absolutely dominated in the bedroom (by the right guy, of course). For me it comes down to the fact that I'm CHOOSING to be submissive- ultimately, I'm the one getting what I want by being dominated.

2. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Recently on fet life, I read a male Dom comment about how the value of being a Dom was taking the power and wielding it.
    One reply said that no matter how much the Top/Dom thought they were wresting power from the bottom/sub, reality says that since we can walk away, we subs hold the power.

I see this as analogous to an other woman relationship. The partner participant gets to say when, but the secret lover gets to say "if."

3. sickgirl

sickgirl Members

I'm definitely a feminist, but in the bedroom, I do what my Sir tells me to do. See, I am freely choosing to give my power over to him, and let him be in control of me sexually and to dominate me. It's not happening against my will, and everything we do is consensual:)

4. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

I suppose it's different when you're with a dominant male partner. I guess I could see those ideals clashing with feminist ideals.

But one of the weird things in feminist lesbian circles is this notion that by virtue of sleeping around, checking women out, making comments about her looks, etc. makes being a feminist impossible, since--in their eyes--some of us objectify other women in the same way that heterosexual men do.

In some ways, they're right.

So...yeah. Not really sure where I'm going with this. I guess, a woman submitting to a man means she "can't" be feminist, and a woman dominating or objectifying another woman "can't" either.

It's all a bunch of bullshit. Do what feels right. Enjoy the ride. Everyone be safe and have fun out there.

5. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

penises are patriarchy. avoid at all costs

6. drumminmama

I've subbed to men and women. It never impacted my ethics and politics, or philosophy.

What's beautiful is watching someone come into their personal power by being in the dom/me role.

7. Slipikins

Slipikins Members

I'm not sure what being a feminist has to do with being submissive in the bed room. Feminism is about equality for women. It's having the right to do what you want and not being limited by the fact that you're a women. If you want to be submissive then there is nothing to complain about because nothing has been violated.

Me wanting someone to have their way with me doesn't negate the fact that I believe women have a right to the same opportunities, freedoms, and expressions as men.

Honestly, this whole third wave feminism is getting on my nerves. Especially in the US where we seem to be making shit up in order to make points, while women in other parts of the world are being victimized daily in ways we couldn't even imagine.

1 person likes this.
  8. Nobody knows how to spank but me. Many girls need a lickin', will receive. Boys I will just break your faces.

9. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Which is what actual practitioners of BDSM understand: the Domme is not a bully, the sub is not a punching bag. It's two people embracing their roles to achieve a sexual zenith. And, yes, beautiful is a good word to describe it.

But there's also a lot of stuff outside of the bedroom. Obviously it's not purely sexual, and, to me, that's the sexy stuff. The domestic stuff gets me in the mood for the sexual stuff. I can't have one without the other.

10. drumminmama

Agreed, neoprenequeen.
    The submissive aspect plays out as caretaking in my relationships. And it's part of keeping the vibe going.