the salvia experience

Discussion in 'Salvia Divinorum' started by gib_0101, Feb 14, 2008.

1. chinsmak

chinsmak Member

dude that's sick!
    tripper,
    I too live near montreal and I am trying to get my hands on some salvia to experiment with it with a friend... where did you guys get yours cause i can't seem to find any... or was it just through like i dunno random connections... cause i don't think their are any head shops around where I live and most of teh online sites I've found need credit card... I won't rest until I get some salvia, I just want to trip the F_ _ _ out..... and then I'll write my experiences here lol... and i'm not looking for that like buzz part, we want to go for liek hardcore halucinations and vision trips and stuff...

2. gib_0101

gib_0101 Member

Oh, you'll trip the fuck out all right. Just be sure you know what you're doing. Heed the warnings of many others in this thread and elsewhere: it's not a party drug.

BTW, if you're not old enough to own a CC, maybe you should wait a while. I admire your determination to not rest until you get some salvia, but you've got the rest of your life.

3. chinsmak

chinsmak Member

heh yeah, well we know what we are doing ... sort of... it's just me and this otehr friend who are interested in this sort of stuff, we bought some 20x extract from a headshop we found downtown and we are going to try it on friday, taking it slow...

he's going to sit me whiel I try it...

4. harryp2000

harryp2000 Member

I posted this report on grasscity.com another great forum a while ago, enjoy!

I had a pretty intense, powerful spiritual trip my first time smoking salvia. This took place about 8 months ago in the summer of 2007, it was a very deep beautiful experience I didn't have any preconceptions on what would happen to me although I had done a bit of research prior to it nothing could have gave much insight into what would come, I'm sure fellow trippers could agree.

I filled up a bong full while mixing some house music not really putting much thought into the fact that I would be tripping very soon.

I exhaled the smoke and at that very moment the song I was mixing broke down and phased out giving me a spaced out feeling. I took the finished record off one of my decks which was a clear see through one, it seemed to melt onto my hand, I told my brother and friend who were there with me "I'd be back in a while I think I'm tripping"

I can remember feeling totally alien in my room looking at my trainers not making much sense out of them then seeing only straight ahead I couldn't turn my head, all that existed was right in front my field of vision which had narrowed out almost tunnel like, all I could do was turn around in circles, It really was bewildering and foreign but amazing and wondrous at the same time.

My tunnel vision seem to draw out further until I was flying high speed down this ever changing multi colored path as if my spirit or soul had left my body, I felt an extreme wind pulling me at this point on the physical side in my room my brother and friend saw me fall perfectly backwards until I crashed into my wardrobe which I didn't feel or realize where I was.

This took me out of the tunnel I was in straight out into an open space where time was so meaningless, I was in the moment floating and flying about, I remember seeing structures complex and free totally out of anything I had ever experienced in this life It felt familiar , very safe, peaceful beautiful as if in another realm near our own always near but not always seen or accepted.

I can remember hearing distant voices which turned out to be my brother and friend which became clearer, I was heading out of the trip as if swimming upwards out of water then came back into my body, I was on my bed. My mind was totally clear of thought, I wasn't quite sure at that moment what had just happened, had I just tripped? I didn't have any past memories, nothing attached to me It felt as if I had just become reborn. A few seconds passed then everything clicked back into place.

My experience with salvia really opened my mind up into the other realms of this life, this great Earth were all in together in this universe of the infinite, the energies that flow throughout and the wonders of reality and my perceptions of it.

I've since become fascinated with other entheogenics but have not had the chance to try anything else yet although I'm sure I will in due time.

This tale of my trip cannot fully describe or show what I really experienced but can give a little insight to anyone who wants it, for anyone who wants to try salvia please realize it is a powerful substance, treat it with respect and prepare yourself for a journey of a life time.

Peace and love to all,

Harry.

5. thewizard69

thewizard69 Member

Hey chinsmak,

I understand being gungho but remember, You have plenty of time. Salvia can vary greatly in strength from different sources and affect you differently every time you do it. And what works for 1 person may not work for you.

Start slow....low doses and work you're way up. I promise you will enjoy it more if you sneak up on Sally instead of her sneaking up on you. She can be one cranky bitch!!!

Happy traveling!!

Wiz

6. seejay21

seejay21 Member

I smoked salvia 4 or 5 times in 2006.

A friend of mine from work clued me in on it, and a I researched it online. Years before, I had tried LSD as a teenager (August '87), and have ever since been caught up with trying to understand the "Kundalini" experience I had.

From research I concluded that there might be a connection between salvia and kundalini, gaia, the light, oneness.

Taking acid is something you have to plan for to ensure your personal safety, i.e. no driving, and it can last a long, long time. Salvia looked attractive to me because it purportedly lasted only a few minutes, thus I didn't need an elaborate plan. (big mistake)

I ordered som salvia from an online Canadian store, I think it was 20x extract. When it came in the mail I took it to my brothers house so I could smoke it in a proper 2 foot blown glass bong. My brother wasn't excited about me smoking it in the house, so he directed me to the back porch where I sat on a ice chest (cooler,eskie) and packed a big fat bowl.

There was some grungy/metal music playing in the house.

I hit the bong and filled it completely with white smoke. I continued to inhale, and was suprised by how easy it went down. I wouldn't call it smooth, in fact I didn't like the taste, but it was easier to inhale than a similiar sized bowl of chronic, or even kush.

I began to hold the hit in like a regular bong hit, but quickly found out that wasn't to be the case. I was still holding my brother's glass bong, and lucky for me (or maybe him) he was standing right next to me.

My last "conscious" act was exhaling as quickly as possible while saying "you better take this right now" and extended the bong out to my brother. I also recall saying something like "See you later, I'll be back" or something else to indicate that I knew i was about to go far far away.

It began by only being able to only focus on the lip (edge) of my eyelids. I could actually see my eyelashes and the edges of my eyelids as clear as if I was looking at them closely in a mirror. Very closely. (Cup hands around face and lean into a mirror.) "I" then began to fall down backwards (not literally). I fell away from my eyelids and eyelashes into myself, but I could still see them clearly. After I "fell in", I became completely overcome by the salvia. It was like I was in another dimension, and I wasn't me anymore, in fact, I had a completely "un human" (pre-birth?) kind of awareness.

My eyelashes morphed with the porch light rays, and my eyelids became a kind of hole that I needed to climb out of, however, I had to wait my turn.

I could sense that there were "others" with me and I was behind them in a kind of "disney" line. The line was on a rotating carousel with my eyelashes spoking out from the center. I was immobilized and connected to it as if it was part of me.

My "body" felt slightly cold, and very wet. I slowly moved closer to the hole "above" me. As I moved closer I could hear voices, and another scary "long song infinite note" (which was the grungy/metal music). Despite the scary and terrible noise.

I started to make out that the voices were speaking words of encouragement. I did not understand the words, but could feel their meaning. The words were meant to make me feel secure, safe and loved in my periolous and uncertain journey to the edge of the hole. I trusted "them" but was still afraid. When I got closer to the edge of the hole I could see a smiling face. I didn't know what a smiling face was. I knew that it was a "good" thing, and it made me feel a bit better.

When I FINALLY got to the edge of the hole I started to return back to my brothers backyard as myself. I found myself on my knees bent over in a fetal position with my face (check) on the porch. It's a kind of position that would normally be uncomfortable, but strangely wasn't.

I was very glad that I was becoming "me" again, and I fought off the salvia focusing on the here and now. I began to regain the use of my limbs, and pulled myself up as quickly as possible, even though I could barely stand on my feet. I rushed into the house and sat on the couch, but the salvia chased me in. I stood up and went to the kitchen and walked back and forth vigorously. I then figured out the scary noise I was hearing was to the stereo, and I went to shut it off as fast as I could. Once the stereo was off I fully returned to my normal self.

The whole thing lasted 5 minutes, but in Salvia "time" it was timeless, forever. It was pretty damn scary.

I decided that I would improve my surrondings, mood and music and try again another day. Without getting into details, I had a dissimiliar but as scary ordeal.

A week later, and the last time I tried it, I was getting swallowed by my bed. I didn't like it, not one bit. I got out of bed as quickly as possible only to find that the wall wanted to consume me just as badly. I didn't like that either.

I am satisfied that I had the experience, and do not regret smoking it.

I won't be visiting Salvialand again any time soon.

7. inner passage

inner passage Member

This is an interesting thread. Here is my advice to getting past the little gremlins. First, see them as little brats. You can either scold or think to them "you can't pull me from reality" These methods don't help much. Rather, just love them. They don't know any better. Think to them something like this "You little guys, here you are showing up again. I'm in charge of this trip. Why don't you show me some fun things you know?" If there is music playing I suggest dancing with themin your mind. The will quickly change their identity if you treat them with love and playful respect like they are your three year old kid. They want to do the right thing. I see the effects of salvia as a separation of minds. Everything you experience is coming from your mind, so it can't be bad as a whole (perhaps not in everybody's case, but generally people are good, so the potential of a Salvia trip is always good for most people). When you normally look at things, what you see enters your subconscious first. You see it but you don't comprehend it. In order to comprehend it, something has to interpret it for the id to make sense of it. Id is the highest plane of the mind. It is what is ultimately enlightened in Buddhists. Our experiences interpret things. For instance, things are translated into thoughts that have a basic language element to them. English for most of us. On Salvia, when you feel something talking to you, it’s your mind. Like little guys telling you that there is something in your hand. You look at it and it your pipe so you put it down and tell the little guys thanks for telling me.

Think about this as if it were happening in normal life. The same process happens. Something tells you your feet are uncomfortable, you look down and cross your feet and change positions. On salvia, the part that is telling you things (a lower level than the id) is blended with the experiences themselves. The id may see this as being a color or a sound telling you this, but ultimately it’s you telling you this. That is why everything seems so damn familiar . . . because it is you. I'm not positive on the neurology of Salvia, but most psychedelics don't inhibit receptors, they open receptors beyond what the id is used to experiencing. In a way, it is a reality that is real. In normal life, our brains our limited in our perception because of evolution. We couldn't function and survive if all experiences that enter our mind are sent to the big chief the id. Our subconscious creates a limited distorted reality that we call reality. Really, it is just a normal perception because it’s the one we are used to. As you explore these elements while tripping, you can learn to tap into them in reality. Some people do this without any control. If you have control, and you choose it is just a fun game to play with yourself. Try tapping into your deep salvia memory when you are listening to music. If it’s hard to do, just try holding a pipe with the smell available. Smell is a memory that has profound abilities to bring back a memory.

So here are some tips to getting to a controlled level in your trips. One, make the setting fun for your experiences. Tie died stuff, clean room, soft mattress on the floor. Pick your music. I like the Grateful Dead or meditative music. Listen to the words of the song before you start, choose one with positive words. Plan on what music is there for the big eight minutes then for the half hour afterward. I wear wireless headphones. Relax before you start and go in like it’s a ceremony. Like you’re going to see a very important special part of yourself you don't get to see much. Remember, your there to find a part of you that is ultimately very stoic, capable of being enlighten into a unity of love for yourself.

I like to work my way into the high extracts. I like to start with leaf or 5X to get used to it, so that I can visualize clearly the high I want to target with the higher extract levels. The more you know what you are going for, the more likely you are to get there. You can't know what you are going for fully without "feeling" the high, because you just can't know it in your daily life reality that is full of distractions.

Make sure you don't have distractions of people asking you what you are feeling or asking you if you are ok. If you do, you will start to ask yourself "Am I really ok, how would I know."

I like to keep my eyes closed. I might open them, but I quickly choose to close them to get back to my safe place. I check my bed first to make sure the covers are not messed up. If you don't take care of your setting first, (including timing to make sure nobody will be knocking on your door or calling on your phone) your initial thoughts will be the little guys (yourself) wondering if you took all the precautions you should have. You can get by this, but why start off the trip on these thoughts. There is always a little reassuring you need to do as you start to feel the effects, but that’s where having a meditative focus on the tip of your mind helps, it’s something to think about to draw you into the zone you want to be in. Know this focus well before you start. But be willing to go wherever your mind takes you. Good music helps ensure that it’s someplace cool. (The Grateful Dead are awesome at doing this, you can trust them, as long as you choose their cool songs and not their tough edgy songs. Their tough edgy songs are cool for longer lasting tips because they will bring you back, but on Salvia, it’s too short and no practical time to be brought back into a positive song.

Here is the big secrete. The best part of Salvia that most people miss. It is: don't leave the trip and search for reality as soon as it starts to roll around! The best part is the lingering effects!! Keep still and go into your mind after things die down. Seek the salvia thoughts, and resist the normal thoughts. This is where you can get all the effects of Salvia without the tug of war of the initial few minutes. To qualify this, I usually start slow, after about six to fifteen minutes smoke some more, when it you know you can go back to doing "things" but don't rush it. Because the potential to experience effects stay with you long after you choose to switch to reality, a second hit can take you deep than the first and this potential is there for quite a while. Usually by a third hit, using a 15x or something, I've been in it for over half an hour, then this last hit will last me for forty-five minutes to an hour of laying back with some great music. The lingering effects are compounded from all the previous hits. During this relaxing time, if I start to do normal things, I can feel like I'm completely back to normal, but don't waste your trip, you have choices in this lingering level. The more you commit to either reality or salvia, the more strong the effects of that choice is. Finally, I always do this alone, but I will leave that suggestion up to you. It would be fine for me to do this with a few choice friends, if they see their role as basically a caring friend, looking after a sleeping dreaming friend. Most stuff I see on You Tube is what gives Salvia a bad name. Hope all this helps.

8. gib_0101

gib_0101 Member

Thanks for the post inner passage. It was very insightful.

9. inner passage

inner passage Member

The funniest thing I ever saw on Salvia was the janitor from The Simpsons. There were four or five of him lined up. It wasn't actually a true perfect representation, but what I saw remined me of him, the red beard and all. It was like a cartoon Salvia interpretation of a cartoon. That was worth a good laugh.

10. gib_0101

gib_0101 Member

You mean willie :) ?

Did he turn out to map onto something from the real world? I know that when I hallucinate, it turns out to be something real but distorted to look like something else.

11. SeedleSs420

SeedleSs420 Member

so ive smoked salvia several times, the correct way. And I do no seem to be ableto hallucinate from it. I've tried all type of extracts, but the strongest ive tried is 60x.

Experience:

all of them are quite different, but the most recent one i remember (which was from 60x)

Me and a buddy were in our homies bathroom to go smoke some salvia he had. We smoked a bowl of it, three hits each. didnt exhale for 30sec. all times. we started trippen after the second hit, but kept on smoking.

after that, we startd busting up laughing and his voice sounded distorted. we called the bathroom, "The time capsule"

so we left the bathroom and started kicken with a couple people, sitting around. it just felt as if i were in an intense dream state.

It wore off in ten minutes so we smoked another bowl, the same way. but when we came out it was different, like we traveled through reality. but no haullcinations for me, but my buddy was trippen the fuck out. crazy hard. but later that night when i came home, i experience deja vu. so idk.

but yeah, no hallucinations from salvia ever. Anyoe know why this is?

12. inner passage

inner passage Member

I've never done 40 or 60 x, only 15x. but I've heard that its hard to burn the actual salvia chemical when its than gummed up as an extract, that much of it goes unburned, that its mostly the base leaf that burns and the extracted part does not burn as easily. I've heard that after 10x its more difficult to get as much out of it. perhaps a torch rather than a regular lighter might help. I find that starting low on one round (several hits with leaf, then several minutes do a second or third round at a 5x then 15x is enough to really hallucinate. Also, close your eyes. Thats where its at. Anything that reminds of reality pulls you from seeing the deep aspects. My previous not of seeing the guy from the Simpsons was with my eyes closed. Also lots of other really whacky and strange places that are as big as a mountain valley with a festival full of things communicating to me (not always festive ideas, sometimes the ideas are a struggle, but still festive) Lots of lego block type designs, also splattering colorful water marks that explode with each of Jerry Garcia's notes. The music is multidimentional with each instrument coming from a different object. I have a set of flags that have batike butterflies in different colors. If those are the last thing I see before I close my eyes, they can turn into paisley pinwheels. So, my adivice is don't go for broke on 60x, give yourself a good hour or two to build with it and give it time. You need to have the creativity at your fingertips as you go for the next hit. The best stuff comes in the later lingering stages if you keep your eyes closed. And stay out of the bathroom. Your mind has got to be so concerned about your surroundings in a situation like that, that your mind is unwilling to leave your body behind. Relax. Also if you don't see things, perhaps you are not as visual a thinker as me. Your mind has otherways of thinking, explore how Salvia works with the sturcture of your thoughts. If your mind is less visual, then celebrate that and get to know how Salvia treats you and marvel at that. Perhaps you have potential for an experience that I don't have potential for.

13. klondike_bar

klondike_bar Senior Member

salvia is wicked when it hits ya. if your standing up, be ready for an immense need to go somewhere/do something unknown. (dont, cuz your tripping)

you need a really hot flame kept on the extract the entire time, as it needs very high temps to vaporize

14. applejollyrancher

applejollyrancher Member

I tried salvia twice today for the first time. Standardized 10x in a ghetto-rigged waterpipe (until the one I ordered gets here). I didn't exactly break through, but it was definitely a trip worth taking.

Sitting on some pillows on the floor, some cartoon on the TV was on mute. The first time, I really don't remember anything except that it actually felt a lot like pot and I laughed a lot - but I was gone, it felt like I as in a stasis and as I came down I didn't even remember what I was doing. Second time was better: it as if I was pulled out and around the room. From outside my bodily sense, I was mocking myself (playfully) and thought 'The cats have got to see this!' so after a few 'Hey guys!!' (to the cats, mind you) I realized 'Aw, I don't want them to see me acting like a jackass...' so I determined I should go outside and proceeded to start to go out the window next to me until the screen stopped me. Giving that up, I looked toward the TV where the cartoon character kind of came out a bit and talked to me. Then I saw my reflection in some mirrors and I started having a debate with myself, half thought, half spoken - I must have sounded nutso (hope no-one was walking by the open window...)

The entire time I also felt a distinct pull from behind my ears and a warm crawling sensation over my arms. I also rolled around a bit - it just felt good.

As I started to come down it seemed necessary that I talk to my sister, so I 'drug-called' her as she put it. It was a bit awkward when my mom answered...lol, will definitely do again.

15. SeedleSs420

SeedleSs420 Member

thanks for the advice man.

I'm currently on juvenile probation. Does anyone know whether salvia stays in yor system for long, or what?

16. Sofonda Salvia

Sofonda Salvia Member

This is excellent advice. I also like to prolong my visits to SalviaLand. Several minutes after the first hit - when I am able to relably handle the pipe and if I am the happy part of the Land (which is almost always now) I'll do a second one and zip right back to where I was or deeper. I also video my visits and replay them to remember where I was at different parts of the visit.

17. Born25YearsTooLate

Born25YearsTooLate Hunting the mighty whifflesnark

My first salvia trip was pretty odd, compared to the others here.

I had about 1/3 of a gram of dry leaf, dark room, playing enigma for some soothing sound. I hyperventilated for about 30 seconds (lets you hold your breath longer) before I lit and pulled on the bong...held the smoke for a little over 30 seconds, hyperventilated again, then took a second toke. Holding it for a 20 count, I felt myself trying to drift backwards, so I set down the bong.

Closed my eyes, and found myself standing in a lighted hallway, like an old castle, with torches on the walls. I thought to myself that it was like a lucid dream. Lady Sally evidently hadn't decided to be harsh to me my first time out, and I walked down the hallway, to a door. I touched it, and it showed me a face, and it asked me if I really wanted to see what was behind it.

I said yes.

The door opened, and I passed through, and found myself in an escher landscape, and the door closed behind me, flush to the wall. I wandered for a bit, lost, up and down the stairs, and through hallways, gravity, space, time, it lost meaning. It was eternal. I found another door, and went through it, and found myself in a victorian operating theater, where some 'small people' where doing something to a mannequin, They had it open, and were puttering about with gears and springs, and I got a little closer, and it had my face. One of them evidently heard me, because he turned around, and the rest of them looked at me and they seemed as surprised to see me as I was to see them.

There was a hand on my shoulder, and a heartbreakingly soft feminine voice told me that I 'had to go back' and that 'things weren't ready for me to be there yet'.

Somehow, I had the presence of mind to ask if this was real, or if where I was going back to was real, and 'she' told me that we'd talk about that another time, but that I should go back now. I felt myself being spun, round and round, until I felt quite dizzy, and then the brush of lips, and a laugh, and me opening my eyes in the bed.

The trip lasted about 15 minutes, and I was thirsty as all hell.

I don't know why or how my trip was so clear, compared to the rest, but maybe the choice of the 'cross of changes' cd helped? thoughts? comments?

notes:
    I've done Transcendental meditation before (not the usual version, but meditation to transcend self, and explore my boundaries), and I wonder if that didn't have something to do with it as well.

I fasted for 24 hours before smoking, water/juice only.

I skipped on a sitter, which I wouldn't advise, but being the most experinced psychonaut in the household, and the only one with a clue as to what to expect with the Lady, anyone else would have been more hinderance than help.

18. PlacidPete

PlacidPete Member

Nice post, I really think its similar to acid in the way that you control how far you go. As for me its hard to relate anything I experience into words because its so abstract. I haven't seen any realistic clear 3d things or anything but tend to get really intense textual visuals. Everything is moving and changing color/shape/pattern, at its most intense I am no longer looking at whatever it may of been I was looking at but am in my own world of visuals - nothing that I could ever explain. I usually stare at one spot and have found my peripheral vision to be full of swooping and morphing shadows and shapes that tend to try and distract me from the experience which I see as in front of me, which is why you must stay focused and relaxed. Contrast and color is amazing, with the lighting of my environment changing regularly and rapidly. Each experience has been different because I've gone into each one with a different head space and have thus had different levels of intensity on the same dose. The bodily effects tend to have less significance now and I can almost ignore them completely, just letting them flow over.

19. ishikabe

ishikabe Member

I get the same thing and know exactly what you're talking about.

20. PlacidPete

PlacidPete Member

haha you'd be the first.