the salvia experience

Discussion in 'Salvia Divinorum' started by gib_0101, Feb 14, 2008.

1. gib_0101

gib_0101 Member

OK, so this thread is intended to be a repository for reports on the salvia experience. There's a lot to report on this rich and fascinating experience, about as much as it is difficult to describe and remember. I know everytime I try the drug, I always want to jot down notes on what I experienced, and I've heard similar sentiments from others, so I figured it would be good to have a thread devoted to such reports. This is also a thread for other related information, like links to other informative sites, proper dosage, chemical facts, brain facts, etc. - almost anything you can think of that a salvia newbie might want to know - but with an emphasis on the experience.

What I'm going to do is summarize my experiences in 3 initial posts. They will be long posts so if you don't feel like reading through them, that's fine. Just go ahead an post a report of your own. But if you're interested, read on.

So what should I start with?

Well, the first time I did salvia was about a year ago. It's legal here in Canada (and in most states from what I understand, as well as the UK - and pretty much everywhere in the free world - DO YOUR RESEARCH THOUGH), so I went to my local hemp store where I bought 20x extract. I posted a few of my experiences from the weeks that followed here and here.

To summarize (if you don't want to read them), I discovered two "levels" to salvia. By "level", I mean a different kind of high with higher dosages. It's not like most drugs where the higher the dosage, the more stoned you get - simple as that - there's a certain point with salvia where the quality of the trip changes so much that you'd think you were on a totally different drug. I've heard anecdotal accounts that you can break through to levels as high as 6 or 7, but I don't know how mythical this is or whether its based on the change in quality I described or something else. I can certainly see the trip being way more intense than I've ever experienced (I've heard of extracts as high as 160x which would send you into oblivion with just a small pinch), but you've got to be one brave mother fucker to go beyond what I'm calling level 2 (and I'm not that mother fucker).

Needless to say, level 2 can be intense. But let me start with level 1. To reach level 1 with 20x, you could probably do with half a bowl full. A couple of the most basic effects I've noticed are a hightened sensitivity to touch - I sometimes feel that I might cut myself on everything I touch (I started a thread here asking whether salvia could be an anti-opiate but nobody replied [​IMG] ). I also get a sense of bodily pulls and tugs - like some force wants to pull me one way or another. The most salient visual effect is a sort of spatial distortion of the objects in the room. I don't see objects in places where they shouldn't be, but I just get a sense that things are out of place. This seems to have an effect of "partitioning" the space around me into odd sections, almost like the shifting of tectonic plates. It feels something like the diagram below where the red lines represent the sections:

[​IMG]

Notice the red lines border actual objects in the room. This is what it's like. It's like objects which we'd normally perceive to be whole and separate objects themselves group together (and maybe split apart) and become new objects composed of these groups. Sometimes I also get the impression that a swirling kind of stream sprouts out from within me. It's much like the lines that carve up space in the above diagram except they are more swirl-like and they eminate from my being, something like the diagram below:

[​IMG]

A strange thing is, some of these swirls terminate at objects in the room, much like in the above diagram.

Salvia also seems to have effects on my sense of other people being in the room. I get the strong impression that other people are there. It's like when you're home and others are also in the house. You know they're there and this gives you a sense of their presence even if you don't physically see them - it's a much different sense from when you're alone. This is the sense that gets triggered on salvia. At low doses, I might sense only one or two people, but at higher dose, I sense a whole team of people. In all my experiences, the two people (when there are two) have always struck me as "parents" - I'm not sure if they're my actual parents or some parents in some other life. One thing for sure is that their identity keeps changing - they're not the same people all the time (which tells me it's not always my parents).

That's all level 1 stuff. It's also my experiences. This is important to note because salvia gives different experiences to different people, and the above account may not be anything like what you experience. Level 2 gets way more intense and can be somewhat disturbing (be forwarned salvia vergins), but I'll get into that next time. I think this is good enough for a first post. Here's some links to salvia info:

http://www.sagewisdom.org/
    http://www.torontohemp.com/salvia.htm
    http://www.erowid.org/plants/salvia/salvia.shtml
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvia_divinorum#Immediate_effects

2. gib_0101

gib_0101 Member

delirium: an acute mental disturbance characterized by confused thinking and disrupted attention usually accompanied by disordered speech and hallucinations.

from http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/delirium

That pretty much sums up level 2, especially the confused bit. Many people hallucinate as well, but I've never done so (except for some ripples in the ceiling while I was lying on the couch). If there are higher levels than 2, this might be where the hallucinations are at... but delirium is definitely the choice word I would use to describe my level 2 experiences. Dissociation is another word, but that's not as common in my experiences (although it may very well be for others).

If you're going to attempt to reach this level, I would recommend just sitting still - if for no other reason than just because you walk around like you're drunk when your that stoned on lady Sally.

At level 1, I experience visual/spatial distortions. The first time I broke through to level 2, it was as though these visual distortions gave way to a whole alternate reality. It was almost as if the sections in the diagram above (in my last post) got all contorted and flipped inside out, revealing behind them a whole other world. Again, I didn't hallucinate all this - I would describe it more as a complete failure to recognize everything around me for the familiar things they were. My room was not my room anymore. My kitchen not my kitchen. The objects on the table were completely new and unfamiliar - all this even though I was seeing exactly the same things I would see when I'm sober.

The feeling was very unnerving to say the least. I was struck with fear because I had no expectation of this, but there was also a sense of insecurity based on the fact that I felt like my normal life had just been strip from me and was lost - like I didn't know whether I would ever get it back. I felt like I had just fucked up my reality for good. When I say "life", I mean that - that is, it was more than just my reality being stripped, but the person I was as defined by my relations to my friends and family. It was like I slipped into another roll. Remember the "other people" from my last post - well at this level, they came flood in at full force. It was a VERY vivid sense that they were there as if standing right before me, and in such great numbers. I didn't know who they were but my mind seemed to be filling in their identity with all sorts of familiar people I know (like my brother-in-law, neighbors, friends), but also with personalities that were completely unknown to me. The "parent" personalities were the most vivid. I remember feeling like I was a young kid (not sure if I was myself or a completely different person as a kid) and my parents were home (again, not sure if they were my actual parents - didn't feel like it). There was definitely a distinctive sense that the mother was an older blond lady who might have been a smoker and a psychic or spiritualist (or something to that effect) (nothing like my mother in real life). The father's personality is a lot more difficult to pin down - he always strikes me as a cartoon character like Daffy Duck or one of those Loony Toon characters. This had always been the sense I got until some of my most recent trips where the parental personalities were replaced with people I know from hipforum (more on that later).

When it's the parental figure I sense, I always feel like I'm in trouble. I feel like they're upset with me for smoking salvia - like they're saying "you brought this on yourself" (which is true but geez [​IMG]). When it's not parents I sense, these personalities are like mischiefous little gremlins. They've got these attitudes - as if they like to poke fun at me and say "Ha! Ha! You're reality's fucked! Now what're you gonna do?"

It took me a couple times to get over the initial fear and anxiety, but even after that a sense of frustration and annoyance remained, mostly owing to the teasing aspect of these personalities. I still feel like I have to argue with them about my reality NOT being fucked, that they're wrong and they can't just take away my life like that. A also find that all it takes to calm myself down is to remind myself that this is all just a salvia experience and will be over in 5 minutes (thank God - I don't know if I could stand such an experience lasting hours on end). I kinda use that as my defense against them. I say "You know, this will all be over in 5 minutes and then you guys will be gone and I'll have my life back. You ain't foolin' nobody." I also find that if I approach the trip with a go-with-the-flow attitude, it goes by much more smoothly and I'm not nearly as annoyed - but this has a disadvantage.
    The disadvantage is that nothing gets registered to memory. This is another aspect of the salvia experience which I feel this thread is useful for. After really intense sessions, I come out of it remembering that I had a very intense and vivid experience of a whole other reality that really seemed like it was right there, but I can't remember what it consisted of. I can remember how I felt about it (Scared, annoyed, rush, calm), but not what it was exactly that I experienced. I can sometimes try to bring back one or two elements from the trip if I really concentrate, but it's like trying to carry groceries home with your bare hands - you can only carry so much, and some stuff will just have to fall. The harder I try, though, the more "against" the flow I feel like I'm moving, and therefore the more uncomfortable it feels - so it's a little give and take.

Something else about the memory issue: it definitely gets stored somewhere in the recesses of my brain because every time I smoke up again, all the memories from all the other times come rushing back... but never to be brought back (unless I really try hard). So there's a "salvia space" where all these memories seem to get stored, and my experience in remembering them during a salvia session is as though I am "reclaiming" my memories - taking back what rightfully belongs to me.

That pretty much sums up the level 2 experience. Oh, I should mention that although you find yourself in a completely different reality, the general sense is you still have no way of identifying anything in that reality - it's a very confusing and disorienting experience, and really gives you a sense of being lost with any prospect of getting back uncertain - delirium. This drug really seems to target the brain's ability to identify familiar things so that it fosters more of a sense that you're in a world you can't identify rather than a world you CAN identify even though it's different (I'll have more to say on this in another post). The feeling of being lost can therefore be pretty intense. I should also mention that this theme - that of other people in my presence - is not unheard of but it is not common across the board either. Many people experience many different things. Some report experiencing being one with certain objects around them, other report experiencing revived childhood memories, others report experiencing dissociative states like OBEs and not being themselves, and so on.

I've been exploring level 2 a lot more lately. I bought myself a vile of 60x extract and you don't need much to hit those levels with this shit. If you're using anything around 60x, I suggest just a pinch for level 1, and maybe a little under half a bowl for level 2.

It's a really intense experience but since it only lasts 5 minutes max, I say it's worth it.

I'll post my last trip report - a trip that signaled to me that it was time to lay off the shit for a while - in the next post.

3. gib_0101

gib_0101 Member

In this post I'm going to post my notes from the last couple times I smoked sally, and comment on them a bit. I'll also post my "working theory" about how salvia works on the brain (should tie in all these experiences and make sense out of them).

My Notes:

Basically I was looking out the window into the courtyard of our condo complex. I wanted to see what the experience was like if I just stared at one scene throughout the whole trip (if my brain would be able to hold onto recognizing just one object or scene). At first it was tricky, but my vision eventually settled on the unchanging aspect of the scene. Nonetheless, there was still much weirdness to ensue.

zengizmo and mara-aum, whose names are mentioned in the above notes, are two real life members here on hipforum. I felt like they were "in on" this trip, like they were orchestrating the whole thing. I told the "spirits" (the personalities I always sense) that if they really were in on it, I should be able to ask them and they should be able to concur. This was a sort of call of their bluff.

The "quick recoveries" my mind made is meant to be understood as though my mind had to do something quickly before this new reality became a permanent fixture in my normal reality. It was as though any object which I couldn't identify was a "new" object being inserted into my reality, and if that could be done, then my reality would never be the same because there would now be a new object in it that came from salvia land - something that just isn't supposed to happen. I felt this needed to be prevent (why? I don't know - I guess I didn't want it to be that real) so by figuring out that these objects were really my lighter and pipe, it was as though my mind was busily trying to INVENT an interpretation of what I felt in my hand so that everything would seem normal again - thus it was a "quick recovery".

If you look at the diagram below, you'll see where I was looking out my window at the courtyard. You'll also see a row of fences that belonging to other townhouses (circled in red). For some reason, I figured these fences should not be visible to me because the wall to my left should be occluding them. This is totally not true (probably having to do with spatial distortions), and I realized that once I came back down, but at the time it gave me a real sense that either the wall had dissappeared (so not only could objects be inserted, but they can be taken away too) or my mind had been projected to the other side of the wall (so I was outside). This might account for OBEs reported in other people's experiences.

[​IMG]

I wouldn't say this was the most intense trip yet, but it was the one which I was most able to remember the peak experience, and what I remember made me think twice about my continued use of sally - at least, at the pace I was going. Again, I felt zen and mara and others from hipforum (don't know whether it was the whole hip forum or just those in the psychic forum), but this time I remember it was like the curtains had been lifted and they were all there, as if they had been orchestrating my whole life all along. The best example I can give is how Jim Carry in The Truman Show must have felt when he suddenly realized his whole life was a sham and everyone - absolutely everyone - was in on it. It was just that vivid. It was blatantly in-your-face real.

If it wasn't for the fact that I made a real commitment to myself this time to really ask mara and zen, I probably would continue to use it at the pace I was going rather than go on the break I'm on now. You see, the thing is, I had been talking to zen and mara for a while in the psychic forum. They claim to have had true paranormal/psychic experiences, and I believe them. They more or less suggested to me that I look out for signs of psychic connection in my own life and that perhaps I might encounter some kind of psychic experience soon (yeah, I'm very suggestable). It wasn't in so many words, but let's just say these were the sorts of ideas and expectation fresh in my mind at the time. So the sense I got on that last salvia trip was that they had finally got a psychic connection established with me with the help of salvia - not only that, but they were revealing to me the "truth" about my reality which they knew all along. It just felt so real that I told myself that I HAD to ask them through a PM on the hipforum. The last time I told myself I would do this (while staring out into the courtyard), I felt stupid about it after coming down so I never did it. But this time, it just felt so vivid, and I remembered it so well, and I really made a commitment to myself. So I PMed zen. Thankfully, he was understanding and non-judgmental enough to respect me as a sane person who just had an overwelming drug experience. He confirmed my suspicions that it was all in my head, and we had a good laugh about it.

But this marks my limit. People have been known to suffer permanent psychosis from the psychedelic experiences (not just salvia, but a whole variety of drugs), and there I was asking someone who I haven't even met in person whether they were psychically connecting to my mind with the help of salvia in order to reveal to me that my whole life is a sham and he along with his psychic friends were the master minds behind it all along - can anyone say "nutcase"? I decided this had to stop before it really fucks with my mind. It wasn't the fear or the sense of insecurity, ironically, it was just what I saw myself doing/believing. So I'm taking a break. I will get back into it some other time, but not soon.

My Theory

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Here's what think salvia does to the brain. The inferotemporal lobe, right at the base of the brain (on the outsides), is where we have the ability to recognize objects in 3D space. Salvia definitely has some effect on our ability to recognize objects for what they are, so I think it had some kind of effect in this area. There's also the fusiform facial area right underneath the brain (near the center) where we have the ability to recognize faces. I don't think this is exactly the spot responsible for our sense of the presence of other people (it really has to do with VISUALLY seeing faces), but it must be linked very closely to some other area that is responsible for sensing the presence of others. I mean, everytime we see a face in 3D space, we get a sense of someone being present right behind the face. So salvia must work on this area too, or at least an area closely related to it.

I think probably what happens at level 1 is that the inferotemporal lobe starts to slow down or not process information as efficiently, and so you begin to lose the ability to recognize familiar objects and process spatial information. When you jump to level 2, probably what happens is that this area is rendered completely impotent and so you CAN'T recognize familiar objects. I have a feeling this uninhibits other areas of the brain that would otherwise be dormant - areas that fill the mind with fantastic alternate worlds. To understand what it means for a brain region to be "uninhibited" you have to understand a bit about neurology. You see, neurons (brain cells) are like wires in that they conduct electric signals (i.e. they are like long strands and electric currents run down them). Neurons connect to one another. Sometimes an electric signal travelling down one neuron ends up continuing on as it jumps across to another neuron. This is called an "excitatory" connection because the other neuron gets "excited" by the signal coming from the first neuron. Then there's "inhibitory" connections. These connections are characterized by the fact that the signal travelling down the first neurons actually PREVENTS the second neuron from allowsing signals to pass down it - in other words, it "turns it off" or renders it incapable of conducting signals. I have a feeling, based on my savlia experiences, that the brain has the potential to create a whole shmorgasboard of realities, but the brain regions that would do this are inhibited by active signals in the inferotemporal lobe. That is to say, when the inferotemporal lobe is actively identifying objects for the things they really are (that is, it's functioning properly), this activity inhibits other brain regions that would otherwise make you think there are other people present... or that you're back in your childhood... or that you're one with some object in the room... or that you're having an OBE, etc. In other words, if we couldn't recognize the familiar everyday object in the world, we'd be flung through all sorts of realities. The only "reality" that is left uninhibited is the one that actually "matches" the objects and the environment one really is experiencing in that moment. So if I recognize that I'm at the office, then the world that my brain will produce for me is one in which I'm, well, at the office. If I can't recognize my surroundings, my brain will scramble and sift through a whole bunch of possible realities in the attempt to find one that matches what I'm seeing.

That's my theory. Criticisms welcome.

Anyway, that's all my reports. I welcome other people's reports. I know I wrote a hell of a lot in the past three posts, but don't feel intimidated. Just write whatever your experiences with salvia so happened to be. Everyone's experiences are different and you'll definitely be contributing to this "knowledge base" of sorts for the good of everyone who's interested in this exotic and powerful drug. Even if you don't have much to say, I'm sure you will after your next experience... and the next after that... and the next after that... pretty soon you'll have enough material to write a novel (well, maybe not that much, but you get the point [​IMG]).

So please, describe your experiences.

4. .trippin..

.trippin.. Member

wow that sure is gonna be hard to beat lol

im only going to write about 2 of my trips because those were probably the most intense ones.

i went to my friends house after work and they greeted me with a bong hit, the occasion was that one of them got a new bong and they wanted me to try it. what i didnt know is that the hit was not only weed, it was salvia with a coat of weed over it so that i wouldnt know. the basement was dark with only light coming from the tv which probably helped alot with the visuals i got. after i took the hit, which made me choak quite a bit, i started to realise this weed was getting me really high and then i noticed the taste and that i was getting way WAY too high for just one hit so i lifted my arm to see if the gravity would blow down on it and yes it did. that's when i told them dude this is fuckin salvia! i started cracking the fuck up and when i opened my eyes ( i usually close my eyes when i laugh really hard) i notice these orange square like patterns with a transparent blueish circle centre that would not move in any specific order but some of them would make a trail and followed where i would look (i don't know if you guys get what im trying to get at). i looked at the couch that was to the right of me and the wall behind it turned into a room kind of but everything was formed with these patterns but all i was able to say was "theres like a thing". i got up and noticed that the patterns were everywhere except where people were and what they were sitting on. gradually the "room" turned back into a wall with patterns wich turned into just the normal wall once again ,this was while the buzz died down.

this next one was when i went to another friends house and this is my most recent trip. we both hit it at the same time and as we were comin up he said that the couch i was on was a rollie thing wich made absolutely no sense to me so i started fuckin laguhing and sitting on this "rollie thing" as i was laguhing i closed my eyes once again and fell to the side (still on the couch) but this time when i closed my eyes it felt like this "rollie thing" was actually rotating, not spinning but it felt like it was taking me for a ride like pulling me downwards. my eyes were closed this hole time. other than that i dont quite remember much but all i know is that there were so many things going on in my head at that time i just cant quite pinpoint anything ecept that i was holding on for the ride of my life. What made me open my eyes was when he came to pull me up off the couch trying to help me from the gravity and as i was being pulled up from the couch (eyes opened at this point) i moved my head up and it seemd like my right eye was seeing into a diferent dimension of some sort but all i could see was black and the seperation line was a flowerlike line, ill post a pictue of what the seperation line looked like in a bit. The other side of the line was real life and i think if i was not pulled up back to reality i would've seen some crazy shit. When he pulled me up i stood up and started laught again but i could not stand till so i tried leaning against the wall that i was sure was right behing me but it turns out it was a step or 2 in behind that, I've been to this dudes house a shitload of times so i guess i should know where the wall is. I did not fall i luckily took that step and kept laughing but this time when i closed my eyes the "line" from before came back but this time it was covering my peripheral vision and the more i closed my eyes the closer it got and once i closed my eyes once again all i remember was the darkness, the darkness was when so much shit would go on but i am really unable to put in words what was going on when my eyes were closed.

[​IMG]the seperation line was something close to this like in this picture the blue side would be one dimension and the other side is another.
    has anyone else had seperation lines similar to this one because the same thing was happening to me on shrooms but i was constantly changing dimeonsions on that shroom trip

5. gib_0101

gib_0101 Member

Well, it's a good thing you were a bit familiar with salvia. Some people think it's funny to fuck with other people's minds like that. If you'd never experienced salvia or even heard of it, I'd say that's cruel.

Do you think this had anything to do with your friend telling you it was a "rollie thing"?

Probably spatial distortions.

I've never experienced seperation lines on salvia or shrooms (but I haven't had that much experience with shrooms). Sounds like a couple pretty wild trips. I know what you mean when you say there's tons of shit going through your mind at once and that it's hard to remember... but that's what this thread is for. Thanks for your post, trippin.

6. .trippin..

.trippin.. Member

quote : Do you think this had anything to do with your friend telling you it was a "rollie thing"?

yeah i think it because he kept repeating its a rolllie thing, i guess he was trying to make sense of what he was saying, and this rollie idea kind of stuck to the back of my head and when i fell to the side it started to do the "rollie" motion

7. DestinationGalaxia

DestinationGalaxia Member

Salvia is indeed a stange thing. I really dont know what to make of it or what the experience means for sure. Just seems very bizzare for the most part. I expected it to be somewhat similar to lsd or shrooms which give me a more "earthy" connected feeling with my surroundings while disolving my ego. Salvia seemed more abstact and totaly out there spacey feeling, yet a familiar feeling like mentioned above. Layin in bed with my gf I hit 21x. Closed my eyes and it hit me like a ton of bricks. First thing that happened was an intense feeling of being pulled from my body. I was pulled through a complex squarish pixel type of thing accomponied by auditory noises of hitting light speed or something in a ship. Dont know where I was but I could hear many voices talking specificaly to me. Like tryin to welcome me to their realm or navigate me. The main voices gave me the impression of a parent or authority entity. Others were young and even babies but still seemed far more complex and superior than me. This went on for awhile and I eventually sensed my body lying in bed. Opened my eyes and the room was somewhat familiar yet a little off. Eventually I came back and saw that my gf was hitting the pipe. I just sat there dumbfounded and watched. It was apparent that she went somewhere else for a bit. As she looked blanky ahead of the bed she started talking to someone. I remeber the words that startled me the most. "They're coming to see us". After the experience I learned that she had seen a family of gingerbread men. A motherly figure and her kids. The mother cookie was talking to her and thanking her for coming in for a visit and the kids were jumping rope on the ceiling with our bed curtain while singing "where coming to see you, were coming to see you". Anyways. Crazy ass shit and I dont know what to make of it. Thats just my experience. Wanted to share.

8. Mr. Oblivious

Mr. Oblivious Member

I think i'll post my first experiance up here.
    I had just gotten some 60xx (on the package it had 2 x's idk why) from a local headshop and i decided to smoke it. It was about 4 in the afternoon and i was sitting in the back yard with my brother as my sitter.
    Anyways, I took my first big hit out of my pipe (i had about 1/8ish g) held it for 30s exhaled, and started getting a lil light headed, so i quickly took another big hit, held it. About 10 seconds after i exhaled, the walls started to have a ripple effect. Like what you see after you wath this http://youtube.com/watch?v=wBL4hRoqRWY, anyways,
    After that, i just sank into another world. Everything looked somewhat similar, but it had changed into blocks, (or more like groups of things) where there was no longer a chair, but a chair/pillow/T.V.Remote/blanket, as one object, and all the walls looked like mario blocks. when my brother walked in my line of sight, he seemed like he was a Gingerbread man dressed up like a toy soldier guarding the entrance to something (for the life of me i cant figure out what).
    Then, out of nowhere i hear a voice, and its talking to me, or at me, because it was talking to a body that i was looking at from above, it was like all the voices of everyone i have known, rolled together and mixed to sound pretty. It was telling me that i needed to go get the mayonayse out of the fridge and make a sammich, and i told it to "shut up i's not hungry go now please" then i started to come down, like i was being pulled into my body, into the chair, into the earth. Next i can recall, i was just really happy sittin down watching tv.

Its wierd, As I'm writing this, my trip is coming back to me all over again, The flashbacks this can produce are pretty interesting, like somethings you remember and then they just keep evolving in your head the longer you think about it, like the story continues, and you can enter "salvia world" occasionally via the "sober" flashbacks.
    Anyways, I love salvia, I'll probably post another experiance soon. I would like to post something a bit more recent, 'cus that one was from like december.

9. Friggin Joe

Friggin Joe Member

Sticky this!
    I'm gonna add more when not working for a change.
    For now, my first "breakthrough" experience. If you just feel "high" from salvia, you haven't seen a thing. :p
    Unlike the OP, I require a tiny dose (like a small pinch of 10x) to lose my ego. Which is awesome and disoncerting. Lucky for me, makes my tripping cheaper.

I had tried plain leaf and 10x and got little from it, just the laughter and a brief few moments where I felt like I was dreaming. That's what I thought salvia was.

I then tried a small dose while I had some free time. Went into my bathroom and tried it with the new bong and torch lighter I'd gotten for it.

Was just enough to see if I felt an effect. Well, wrong.
    In seconds the bathroom imagery was pulled away from me and off to the side, along with what felt like my spine, and in a few more seconds I was in the middle of this odd machine or assembly line that contained odd architecture, something resembling outdoors architecture like walls and doors or something, steadily moving by me as if on an assembly line that moved to the side every second. This is where "psychedelic" seems to stop and "wtf" seems to begin. There is no idea or recollection that I used salvia or was tripping.

Seconds later, I was in something so alien and nonsensical ...as if that 'assembly line of reality wasn't crazy enough. I had *realized* that now I'm in reality, where life before it was a show or fake. Not that I RECALLED what comprised life before that, because while I had my conscious mind about me, the very basis of me being or history was gone. I didn't know what or who I was. I didn't know people, but I had some hint that I belonged with some people, that I had something in my existence, I just couldn't remember what it all was.
    This was in fact potentially terrifying, but moreso desolate and familiar where, the fear couldn't grasp me due to the overriding confusion and curiosity.
    This went a long time.
    Could've been hours.
    Could've been all day.
    Crap.
    Now I realize I'm "in" something.
    Gotta get out, I have responsibilities and people may see me in this state.
    Oh, lol, I'm tripping, that's right. Now I'm laughing my ass off.
    But I'm trying to fight it. It's going too long and someone's gonna "catch" me while incapacitated.
    Fighting it didn't help. Might've made it worse. I started laughing harder at how nonsensical it became as I started coming out of it. I tried my hardest to get visual cues from the little bathroom I was in, to try and grasp this "reality" but there was no luck. I saw the door to my right, but that could've been the door to my old childhood home. Sure looked like it. The the door was just absurd. Doors were absurd in their simplicity and the bullshit reasons we have them, so there was no difference, that bathroom door WAS the door to my old house, all doors made for the same stupid reason of privacy and other counterproductive ideas that hold us back. That seemed ridiculous and funny as hell so I just laughed harder, as objects foreign and recognizable flew by me.

One thing I notice is once I find myself in salvia land, I feel like I'm in the *real* place, and so much of life as I knew it was so ridiculously fake and foolish that there is a humor I find about it that's funnier than any joke I've heard in this place we come to know as real. Sure salvia causes giggles, but maybe that's the real cause - this unlocked understanding from a higher level mindset at how silly this all is - yet we don't all recall what set our mind off to start laughing so hard. Or maybe it's both a plain ol' laugh inducer and insight inducer, and I'm interpreting things as if I'm "getting" some universal joke.

So anyway, I'm still trying to locate objects in my bathroom as points of reference to "get back." Highly unsuccessful. I saw the sink, but it could have been a large building or structure hundreds of feet high off in the distance. Concepts of geometry, timespace, etc had all been wiped for reassessment. Man, this is going on too long.
    Only time brought me back to relative baseline.
    I was finally "back."
    Sweaty as can be, but before hopping in the shower, I checked the time to see how late it had gotten. Felt long.
    Turns out it was but a few minutes. Wow.
    Afterwards, I felt very comfortable. I was in fact on a journey through an inner and/or outer timespace and came out of it wondering if there is a difference between inner and outer space.
    I also then realized Salvia was not some mild "legal high," along the lines of weak marijuana. LOL.

There is nothing stronger than having your very self and concept of the universe erased to be rediscovered. Not recreational, not ecstatic (though it felt real nice after the 'trip' part of it). Not fun at all. Frightful, insightful, amazing and awesome better describe the salvia effect.

10. gib_0101

gib_0101 Member

Maybe it's extra extracted!

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm talking about in my first diagram above.

That's hillarious

11. gib_0101

gib_0101 Member

Wow, that's a pretty good articulation. You describe it well. You describe it almost exactly as my experiences - in fact, I'd say perfectly like my experiences. The whole "your life is a sham" and "you belong to other people" and the attempts to find something you can identify to stop your reality from slipping through your fingers. You know, one this this drug seems to be teaching me is how much value my own life has that I take for granted. The minute it's taken away, I want it back so badly I almost panic. It's not that the salvia world itself is so frightful, it's the notion that your normal everyday life is gone - completely gone (it's like "Hey! I wasn't done with that!" ;))

12. Mr. Oblivious

Mr. Oblivious Member

Exactly, its like you want it back, but then you realize that, your in a better place, that feels more like home than home does. But when it first comes on it's like you are dying and cant stop it, and then you just release all your fears and desires and wants and needs to Lady S. and she will take care of you so you dont need to worry anymore

13. Luketrials

Luketrials Member

I shall not describe all my experiences nor the medical side, as this has already been done. One of the most prominent feelings during the salvia "trip" was that my body was a cage; my true self was trying to break free of this skin,flesh,bone cage. It wasn't a scary feeling. I wanted it to happen. For my friend it must have been rather worrying, me dancing up and down, yelling, and tearing at my skin. I had the feeling that I wanted to reach to the skies, take flight. While all of this was happening my fingers, toes, arms, legs, were all tingling. Trying to convince my brain that they are attached and apart of me, not a cage. Slowly as the trip faded I felt like I was slipping back into the cage, living in denial. The salvia had failed at freeing me. But it will come back, with my help: D

One day i shall return to the fight, we stronger weapons.(60x)
    Well that was my short story on part of my long trips. I tend to take more salvia while I'm triping. It gives you a more in-depth trip.

14. Mr. Oblivious

Mr. Oblivious Member

just a quick off topic question...

Wasn't this supposed to become a sticky?

15. Luketrials

Luketrials Member

Yes, We are hoping that it will be.
    Or make a new thread and copy and paste the stuff in.

16. Friggin Joe

Friggin Joe Member

bump for manual sticky

17. philywilly

philywilly Member

One day at school some kid had some 20x extract and I was really interested so I bought a 1g and got a crazy good deal: 10$. After school that day I decided I would try it alone in my room so I took about .3g in my small metal pipe. I toked the whole bowl and counted 30 seconds and exhaled.

Maybe it was a minute later, or maybe it was 10 seconds after the toke.. but I remember suddenly realizing I was stuck in cartoon world.. it was the weirdest feeling.. I knew I was in my room on my bed, but my head was trying to convince otherwise.
    After I calmed down a little I hear the voice of a female farmer; she's arguing with her husband who's also a farmer. I talk to them and they seem to be mad at me, like I've done something bad.
    The conversation ended and I noticed I was being pushed really hard from the left side.. so I stood up and started turing my head counter-clockwise to go with the "wind" pushing me. After a few seconds of turning I realize my room is in 2d and it's sort of going into a circular/2D/paper type spiral. I quickly stopped turning my head the spiral dissapeared.

After that I layed down and started getting really hot. I looked around me to find something to drink. All I saw was an old, half drank water bottle. I was too desperate so I drank about half of it. After I argued with myself if I should take my shirt of or not, and then I decided that I shouldn't because people may think I'm crazy.

I layed down again and talked to my posters.. it was more like an exchange of my toughts.. a lot of the toughts were extremely abstract. A lot of old memories that I never knew I remembered. Also, I remember talking to a poster infront of me about issues in my life, and once again, a lot were abstract.. I remember one of them was about my school bag straps... if they were equal. In reality, about 3 months back I had a week where I had trouble adjusting my school bag straps to the perfect height... nothing big, just something like every morning walking to my stop I would try to readjust.

After those conversations I closed my eyes to calm down 'cause I was started to feel like I was going crazy. I had mild closed eye visuals. I pretty much came down from there and that's it.

I'd like to mention that about 20 minutes after the trip I smoked a bowl and the high was much more intense then before.. it resembled a lot like the trip.

18. Friggin Joe

Friggin Joe Member

I wish I got that cartoon world feeling. I've had a couple people tell me they felt that way. One had his head resting on his hands at a table, and he suddenly realized he had arms, he thought they were fake cartoon arms. Another said the house "looked like Sega Genesis." lol.

My first attempt, I wouldn't call it a breakthrough, I got the sensation of maybe being in an odd dreamstate and thinking the shingles of the house I was right outside of were hundreds of feet away, and I was on a platform above it. I thought that would qualify as a breakthrough, till my breakthrough.

I used a tincture one time, and it came on slower so it was more settled and relaxed, and I kept reminding myself I was using salvia, because I didn't want to forget or be "tricked" this time.

So I'm feeling it, laying in a dark room, a bit sweaty, but calm and relaxed. Kept telling myself "I'm not gonna be tricked this time, I'm on salvia." Concern one was to have a milder trip, know I was tripping and try and meditate. When I felt it, I kept telling myself I was on salvia, and produced visuals. Objects, non-existant, and from my own mind, morphing them from one to the next, more and more complex and extremely fast. ( do this during mediation as well and the creativity it brings on is something I wish I could take with me when developing games (gotta try that).
    On salvia though, it was a different story, the visuals and objects I created in my mind came about faster and more complex. I felt a feeling of genius about me, honestly.
    So I was enjoying it quite a bit. Telling myself I won't let the salvia make me forget who I was and that I was on it. I wasn't letting THAT happen this time.

So I'm giggling as I'm performing these visual exercises, animating an object of my mind's creation, then morphing it to another. I realize I'm giggling because I "won" in that the salvia didn't trick me and make me lose my ego. It was a fun time. I was in control. I also found it funny that I was able to relax and do this, because nobody could see me on the top shelf and buy me. I would not be interrupted by someone trying to purchase me. I was an item on the top shelf of some outdoor market.
    It then occurred to me, and I laughed hard and said aloud, "son of a bitch, it got me."

That was my most entertaining trip, a mild one at that.

19. Meretrix

Meretrix Member

My first time on this was about two weeks ago. My friend had some 20x extract, and offered me some for free. I smoked about 0.2 grams and was very dissapointed in it. I took it all in one huge hit from a bong, and held it in for about 30-60 seconds. All I felt was like someone threw a lead blanket on me and everythign started spinning. This lasted about 5 minutes and then I had a mild buzzing feeling. I will be trying it again, but I don't know waht to expect. As many people say they have intense trips on this I have a high tolerance to most drugs. The only thing I have tried that I didn't have to take more than normal to trip balls was shrooms...

20. edyb123

edyb123 Senior Member

I've taken salvia about 7 times.

I'd like to contribute my experiences my listing the numerous effects it has had on me and describing them individualy.

External forces - Probably the most commonly reported effect. I get a feeling that i'm being pushed over (usually backwards/sideways) or being spun in a clockwise fashion. It feels like being on a fast fairground ride and being thrown out to the side due to g-force... but on a minor level.

Sharp throat tingle/pain - Shortly after exhaling the smoke a strange dry/tingle is felt in my throat... which i can only describe as a kind of piece of card being jammed down my neck.. it's not painful as such but it feels as though something is in my throat.. putting pressure on my adams apple.

Isolated - Salvia often makes me feel as though i am alone with my thoughts/feelings and mind within my own reality... and i'm viewing a world that is completely seperate from me. It really make me feel like the 'observer' rather than.. a piece of the world. It's give me the feeling that i exist somewhere else.. and i only view the world but i'm not IN it.

Existing in a single place - I get the feeling that there is only one position in the world... and that is where my mind is. Everything i percieve is just sensory perception... and it gives the illusion of movement through space and time. It would be more correct to say that the world moves around me.. rather than i move through the world. I am like a stationery rock in a river, the river being life.. and it flows at me and all around me.

Different mind process - The way i think on salvia always appears to be different to that of being sober... there are questions and feelings in the salvia reality that can't be felt or seen in the sober reality. When coming down from salvia i can feel my mind becoming more rigid... and life making more sense... it's as though there are many different states of consciousness and the sober world is just one of them.

Spatial distortion - Objects seem to be longer than they are... for example i once held my arm out and when i looked down it from my shoulder outwards it seemed to stretch onwards for miles.

Anxiety - When on salvia it feels as though nothing can be answered... there are no real explanations to things and this makes me anxious.

Cartoon/storylike world - Everything feels (not really looks... just feels) like a weird film or cartoon. The best way to describe it is that it feels like being in 'Chitty Chitty bang bang'... which sounds weird but thats the kind of dreamy/imaginery/storylike world i feel i'm in. Another good example would be alice in wonderland.. it feels like being in the forest with tweedle dum and tweedle dee and the jabberwocky.

This image of the jabberwocky kind of... has a salvia feel to it... especially the depiction of the forest... with a sort of creepy, mysterious and deep world:
    [​IMG]

What do you guys think? do you feel any of these effects while on salvia?