does acid expire?

Discussion in 'LSD - Acid Trips' started by BobbyDylan, Jan 10, 2008.

1. BobbyDylan

BobbyDylan Member

i have some that id like to save for a nice day, but who knows when thatll come around...does acid go bad in anyway??

2. stalk

stalk Banned

yes LSD is actually a rather fragile molecule.
    you need to keep it out of light, in a tiny bag or jar or something to keep it away from oxygen and air, and heat is sometimes an issue but it's winter so I wouldn't worry too much about it over heating.

3. flashy_

flashy_ Banned

pack the blotters in aluminium foil and then in the freezer - this is the best way :)

cheers

4. theeric

theeric Member

or just mail em to to me ;)

yoni42 likes this.
  5. moiseyenko

moiseyenko Member

Yeah the aluminum foil and the freezer is the best way.

6. VaporDude

VaporDude Member

up to a year you think?

7. def zeppelin

def zeppelin All connected

What happens if it expires and you take it? Will it do nothing, be less potent, or will it have a negative effect on you?

8. ManaSmoker

ManaSmoker Member

If stored properly, away from light, in a freezer, I've read that acid can be saved for 25+ years.

9. piper_at_the_gates

piper_at_the_gates Member

does it have to be in a freezer? i got some acid about a month ago that ive been saving for when it gets warmer. will it stay good if i keep it in a plastic bag in a dark place?

10. aliced

aliced Dude Guy

I took LSD from the early 90's last year... One of my good friends found his older brother's safe from back when he was on tour. We opened it up and found two blotters with flying saucers on them... so of course we took them (one a piece). The results were not impressive. Mild visuals and body high that was clearly not marijuana that lasted for about 7-8 hours. Maybe less I can't remember too clearly. Either way, the blotters were only stored in tinfoil and the potency obviously degraded.

11. Squilla

Squilla Banned

Ok, bull shit bull shit bull shit. You can NOT, repeat, you can NOT, preserve acid for no longer than 2 weeks. I bought some really good acid 4 hits, took 2 and put the other two in the freezer after wrapping them up in tin foil, wrapping that in seran wrap, putting that in a plastic bag which was wrapped in tin foil and thrown in a dark place in my freezer. I had to wait 3 weeks to use them so I could trip at Tool. I eventually took the two hits with NO side-effects. Nothing, absolutely nothing.

Conclusion, LSD can not be preserved for long periods of time. I say if you buy acid just eat it all.

12. stalk

stalk Banned

Sandoz labs preserved LSD for decades, squilla.

Tin foil will significantly degrade the molecule, Why do so many people use it?

Blotter isn't evenly distributed, either.

13. Papyrus

Papyrus Member

I've gotten some blotters that were placed in a mason jar and then in a freezer for 30 years, and it was still good. It really depends on how its stored.

14. Bigmurph

Bigmurph Members

15. Bigmurph

Bigmurph Members

False.. I just found three sweet tart from over 6 years ago and me and my two friends ate them and I'm still up blazing hard going on 7 hrs now.. the problem was prolly the tin foil o don't know why ppl use it.. it has properties that damage acid.. especially over time.. besides he fact that most ppl that sell acid these days don't always have the same shit on them i.e. Two diff batches or they give you the strong one at first and then feed you bullshit ones after.. acid may dissipate a lil over time but if stored correctly it lasts.. stay away from the foil

16. Bigmurph

Bigmurph Members

17. Bigmurph

Bigmurph Members

1 person likes this.
  18. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

LSD can be stored for decades in the right conditions. Without those conditions it could last as little as a few days or even a few hours. Trust me I have stuff from 7 years ago in my house and it's still good.

If it only lasted 2 weeks regardless it would never make it to the users hands. If your stuff went bad it's something you did meaning exposure to too much light, oxygen, or heat. Small amounts of this are fine but long term it's not.

19. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Don't know, but the effects don't expire.