Will xanax relieve my paranoia from smoking weed?

Discussion in 'Paranoid?' started by tmmoran0302, Dec 18, 2007.

1. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I don't trust vaping it. As for predictable effects, I have noticed that sometimes it works better than others, but for the most part it isn't that I'm more stoned than needed, it's that I'm less stoned than needed! lol.

I don't usually use anything home made. The ones I go for are usually like rated by High Times or have test results for their product on a website and they look reputable. With that in mind, the labeling needs to have an explanation of how the product was intended to be used. KIVA is reallly good for that. They make chocolate bars and on the packaging it tells you how much to consume, and I think it includes a bit about if it's your first time ingesting the product to go with half the usual recommended dosage.

[​IMG]

That said it can be rather overwhelming if you eat too much of it in one serving. Takes about an hour before you begin feeling effects. They make bars with 60mg and bars with 180mg if memory serves. Either way I would not take more than 15mg at a time.

1 person likes this.
  2. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

Yeah, and it lasts quite a while. With that said, I think the effects of ingesting marijuana are a bit different and I like some aspects of it better in some ways ... little different body high and head space. But it depends on the situation, sometimes I want to be able to control my level of stoned, in case I have something to do where I can't get too stoned I can just take small hits occasionally and keep it right at the level I want.

3. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I can respect that. I just don't smoke, so I suppose it's different for me.

4. driss09

driss09 Members

Thank you friends for your advices! :)

5. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

I don't smoke either, not cigarettes. I don't consider vaporizing to be smoking, your not getting all that ash and tar. I use marijuana pretty infrequently though these days. But yeah, smoking any plant material is bad for you, paper whatever but cigarettes are way worse and I'm so glad I kicked that habit.

2 people like this.
  6. Bud D

Bud D Member

If I stopped smoking weed due to paranoia, I would use that sober time to reflect on what's making me paranoid.

Somethings that I fear I cannot change. Weed usually helped me accept what I couldn't change, sorta the problem with weed.

Severina Serciova likes this.
  7. magickman

magickman Supporters HipForums Supporter

Ever since my stroke eight years ago, I don't get paranoid at all anymore. But I do have changes in my eyesight. That's where the stroke caused my problems, although most of it cleared up in around a year.
    But when I get real high on a nice sunny day, the sky color is bright blue, and when buzzing hard I see lots of golden sparkles in my field of vision. It's pretty cool, really. Wears off when the heavy part of the buzz does.
    Sometimes if I'm really ripped I forget what I was gonna say in a conversation too. I was like that after the stroke too. All in all it's more pleasant to smoke now. i only smoke with one other guy, and he knows me well, and when I forget something we just both understand. Not a big deal.

8. magickman

magickman Supporters HipForums Supporter

Not sure about Xanax, but I take Valium and it will curb any anxiety I may feel, like if my parents come around us when we're ripped badly. It's probably about the same. Otherwise i avoid it when stoned because it seems to take away from my buzz.

9. Chodpa

Chodpa Senior Member

some people can't and shouldn't smoke pot - in spite of the hype, and the fact that many people do fine with it, some people simply are not suited for it - when i was a teen my friend thought it would be funny to get his brother high - his brother's personality literally disappeared and completely flipped. he became a paranoid schizophrenic directly after from smoking dope once - myself i smoked it for 10 years straight and figured out i smoked it every 45 minutes. finally i was coughing so much i got migraines. i can't smoke anymore because i coughh and get migraines. weed is not the answer, and neither is xanax. learn something inherent like shamatha

10. guybrostein

guybrostein Members

i highly recommend cbd instead normal weed or xanax. stress relief with no real intoxication
    also check out the new free app Canfinder for more 420 community forums on iPhone/android

11. Cynnamon

Cynnamon Members

I can relate on so many levels.
    I have a severe anxiety disorder, manic depression, and PTSD. Don't have the money for Medical Dr. of Weed for the ptsd.
    I am on Xanax along with other how many other meds.
    I used to get really paranoid and stopped smoking in my early 20s.
    They bad part was that I was not properly treated or diagnosed til later making me drink alcohol to excess to help with extreme anxiety.
    I am only lucky I can find one of the few these days that prescribe Xanax as the other anti anxiety meds took to long to kick in and not as effective.
    Well, anyway, I got sick of drinking for my anxiety and someone gave me a bag of weed.
    I left it alone and decided one day to try it, and my paranoia had no longer been there.
    Of course, this is just my personal situation.
    I wouldn't want you to have that panicky feeling, but maybe if you take the Xanax with a small amount of weed and see where that takes you, it might be okay.
    I will say nothing beats the buzz of already being on Xanax while smoking because it's not getting wasted on excess nervous energy.
    I hope you can enjoy it again, but if not, are lucky to have the Xanax for anxiety because again, so many docs are leery about prescribing.
    I don't find them addictive and wish I did not have to take them.
    Well, if you cannot smoke at least you will save some money. My mate and I spend way too much money on it.
    Have built up a high tolerance.
    Well, good luck and I hope you have an easier time will your anxiety as I know it's a feeling of hell and some people just don't understand or relate.

12. themnax

themnax Senior Member

why would anyone be paranoid from smoking weed?

unless you live someplace where a ban on possessing it is strictly enforced?

i mean i know a lot places its not exactly legal to have,
    but with the exception of a hard core minority, who really gives a shit if you do?

i mean if you act all crazy and inconsiderate,
    then of course people are going to look for legal ways to stop you from annoying them,
    but i can't say as i've ever seen the herb cause anyone to do that.

alky or people just wanting an excuse to be, but weed? really?

13. Scratched

Scratched Members

Open up a brew while toking, that did it for me when I was a kid. My friends families always had beer around.
    I don't get paranoid at all now.

14. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

If you're a naturally paranoid person then why smoke? I mean I don't drink because it makes me feel gross. If it doesn't make you feel good, what's the point?

idahocowboy likes this.
  15. Severina Serciova

Severina Serciova Members

In my opinion paranoia from weed exists, and it can be quite harmfull, though too many people who smoke blame it on smoking without considering possible sources of the paranoia, i had numerous anxiety attacks while high, and at first i was completely flipping out of course, i took xanax from fear of losing my mind, but one day i was out of xanax, and i tried to take a different aproach which i strongly recomend, i started smoking with different people, which helped me realise my previous friends were scumbags and that i felt bad with them in general, i started playing music while high which gave me something to put my mind on, away from paranoid trains of thought, and the best thing that happened was trying to relieve my paranoia by talking to a trusted friend, it was hard, i was stoned out of my mind thinking i was going to die from either a heart attack, or frome shame, but she understood, it's a lot more satisfying to deal with it naturally, i tried taking xanax with weed after i "solved" my paranoia and realised that xanax takes half the fun out of weed, makes it less intense and creative
    Take xanax if you must, but be careful not to fully rely on it, it's highhly addictovive, be brave and peace shall be your reward

16. Mandykepp

Mandykepp Banned

To add to this, I don’t think having a prescription for Xanax to relieve the symptoms of getting high is any better of an idea that not having a prescription.
    Agree that taking more drugs to offset effects of recreational drugs doesn’t solve problems, it complicates them

Orison likes this.