ron paul

Discussion in 'Activist Polls' started by ohmygod, Dec 10, 2007.

1. TheEndIsAlwaysNear

TheEndIsAlwaysNear Member

If Ron Paul DOESN'T get elected...

It will be the biggest mistake that the American people have ever made.

Period.

Why'd 9/11 happen???
    Because of the intrusive, invasive foreign policy of the United States of America. Don't believe me? That's fine, but maybe you should read up and get FACTS instead of just flaunting around blind and outright empty opinions.

This country today is not at all what our founding fathers envisioned.
    The constitution is ignored and our liberties are stripped from us.

Let's once again make the United States a place worth living in...

VOTE FOR RON PAUL IN 2008!
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1471990233861886448

2. Charise

Charise Naked to the Cosmos

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Exactly! I completely agree.

3. tomfarr

tomfarr Member

Ron Paul is the ONLY reasonable choice.

4. st. stephen

st. stephen Senior Member

cant, but wouldnt. not liberal enough for me. although if a republican has to win i hope it is him.

5. 911wasaninsidejob

911wasaninsidejob Member

Anti-Israeli Stance? Please Cite.

6. 911wasaninsidejob

911wasaninsidejob Member

I believe he will go independent. He just wants to see how well he can do on an actual platform with the republican party, so he can participate in the debates, etc.

he has raised over 20 million dollars, and there is no way he will stop this presidential campaign just because the GOP doesn't choose him.

I mean, even if he doesn't win, how sweet was it to watch the republican debates, seeing all the warmongers and evangelical nutcases, and other men who literally have lost half their mind :)cough: Mccain :cough:) and then have a guy showing them all up and showing the American people how they aren't even real conservatives.

7. gillphish02

gillphish02 Member

He doesn't think we should be giving foreign aid to any country, not just Isreal. He doesn't like the fact that we give aid to Isreal then go and give aid to Isreals enemys...

8. 911wasaninsidejob

911wasaninsidejob Member

I know, I've been a HUGE Ron Paul fan even before he even considered running for president.

That's why I was asking for him to Cite where he found that Ron Paul had an "anti-Israeli" stance, he doesn't, he just believes Israel should be sovereign and not rely on our foreign aid.

9. Baitot

Baitot Member

Yeah I think that Paul is far to right for me. I dont understand how he could be against stem-cell research when he is a doctor.

He is against abortions.

He wants to physically secure our boarders. This is absolutely insane, why are we any better than anyone else? We are a country born by our differences and acceptence of others.

No welfare for non us citizens. People in need should be helped no matter what thier place of birth is. Denying someone the right to health, food, and shelter because of thier birthplace is disgusting.

Does not consider climate change a major issue and is not convinced that it is largely caused by human activity.

Has voted in favor of offshore drilling and drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge.

My vote will stay with Mike Gravel no matter how short of a chance he has.

10. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

he is not against stem cell research, he just doesn't want to spend tax payer money on it.

he, personally, is against abortion, but he believes its not the national governments responsibility to make laws regarding abortion. it is the states responsibility.

why should be secure our borders? because its safe, because illegals are coming through in huge numbers and we do nothing but send them back and the next day they sneak back through. a country that is trillions of dollars in debt can not afford to take in all theses people.

Ron Paul wants to make it easier for good law abiding people to come into the country legally. if someone comes into this country illegally i will not pay for them to be on welfare with my tax money. hell i think welfare is fucked up anyway, but for people who shouldn't even be here. hell no. get out and come back when you can do it legally. or they can go to a privet charity, shelter, or soup kitchen. do people not understand that countries, including America, can fail. we are on our way to completely failing as a nation. if we continue to do as we are doing there will be no tricentennial.

look at the facts there is no way to say without a doubt that humans have caused global warming. why try to fix something that we cant change. its practical impossible.

Ron Paul wants to provide the nation with cheaper gas/oil. he wants to open up the free-trade and get some competition. he wants to reduce our dependence on foreign oil. right now its impossible for any new oil companies to get into the market. its been over 30 years since we had a new oil company. its time for change, its time to get a real competitive gas market. teens complain that they have to give $500-$1000 in taxes out of their paychecks. but what they don't realize is they are also paying $1000+ a year in tax on gas. the gas tax needs lowered, and the market needs opened.

11. 911wasaninsidejob

911wasaninsidejob Member

I agree.

He is against abortion, but doesn't have some nutcase evangelical look on it. He has a constitutional view on it. The constitution states that any powers not designated to the federal government inside of it are then passed to the states. Do you see anything about abortion in the constitution? No. So...in that case, it is the states right to decide if they want it or not, and Roe Vs. Wade is unconstitutional. You can disagree on a moral level, but in terms of the constitution, which elected officials must swear an oath to...it's not allowed.

Where does he say he wants an actual border wall? I havn't seen him say this. His plan from what I have read and heard him say is too just not subsidize illegal immigrants. I know as part of the "hippy" culture..it's easy to say "they deserve a right to live too", but that's just not the case. If i went to Europe or Canada, I would not expect their taxpayers to pay for my food and shelter and clothes, so illegal immigrants should not expect that from us. I would love to feed and clothe mexican immigrants, but it's just not realistic, we don't even have enough money to pay social security to our elders, but we should pay for illegal immigrants? come on...

In all fairness, neither do more than 400 major scientists. Global Warming is real, in the sense that climate change is real, but it being man made is still being debated. How did the world move out of an Ice Age....climate change, but there was no human activity at that point, so how did that occur? Don't get me wrong, humans are definitly fucking up the earth hardcore, and we need to work to preserve our environment, I am not anti-enviornmentalism, i'm actually very pro environmentalism, but people like Al Gore and other Global Warming advocates don't actually propose anything to help the environment, just a Global Tax to fund the corporate fatcats of the IMF.

I agree with you on this...we have enough oil right here in the US that hasn't been tapped to keep us going for another 100 years. And if we stopped these insane wars in the middle east and tried to negotiate and become more of a trade friendly, less empiracal country, i believe this alone would lower the price of gas. Also, With Ron Paul's plan to stregnthen the dollar and lower inflation, gas prices would go down anyway. There is no need to destroy beautiful Alaskan land to get oil that isn't even needed.

Good, we need more people like that, instead of people who say "I WOULD vote for this guy, but he has no chance...so i'm voting Obama"....good choice man, I like Gravel.

12. Baitot

Baitot Member

No federal funds go to pay for non US citizens. He wants to make it so that children who are born in the US to illegal parents are not considered US citizens. Thus he wants to cut off the funds that they recieve for welfare. Also in the United States it is illegal for hospitals to ask about patients citizens status when they are seeking emergency care. From what I have seen he wants to allow hospitals to be able to turn away illegals who are seeking emergency services. Again, I dont understand how a doctor could think like this. Don't they have an oath to "do no harm"?

About the global warming, I am no scientist so I am not going to argue. I will just point out that the UN ICPP composed of scientist from 113 nations released what is considered the authoritative report on Global warming. They claim in this report that their is a 95% certainty that the Global warming we see today is because of human release of CO2 into the environment. It was released less then a year ago.

About ANWR- the problem with drilling for oil is more than just ruining the environment. We need to focus on alternate fuels. Stop the dependence on Gas. We should start taxing the shit out of it to promote development of other energy. With Gas we are under the control of middle eatern nations who supply it. Do you ever wonder why we invaded Iraq? a sovereign nation that posed no treat to the United States?

Also back to the illegals thing. These people just come here trying to make a better life, probably the same thing your grandparents did. The only difference is that they are turned away today because of quotas that the government added in the 20's. They added them because they believed that some race's where inferior.

Statue of liberty inscription
    Give me your tired, your poor,
    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
    Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!

What happened to the days that we accepted everyone, the people that were poor, hungry and considered garbage in other countries. America was created by these same people that we are turning away today. What changed to make us call humans "illegal" because they are trying to better themselves. We were created under the message of "freedom and equality for all", it is sad that we will turn away hungry, and poor people only looking to better themselves.

*edit -
    Paul - I've introduced legislation that would amend the Constitution and end automatic birthright citizenship.

This is from his website - "Physically secure our borders and coastlines. We must do whatever it takes to control entry into our country before we undertake complicated immigration reform proposals. " I took physically to mean building a wall.

Also I finally want to point out that I am probably one of the most liberal people you will ever meet (if you could not see). We probably disagree on fundamental levels, I know that you all have valid points. I am just pointing out my reasons.

13. Tpot

Tpot Member

if i was american i would vote ron paul.i belive he is the only sincerre politico in the race.
    obama says one thing but he dont mean it.he represents the ruling banking elite not you or your constitution.

14. polecat

polecat Weerd

"Those days" ended with the immigration laws in the 20's. And they're called illegals because they snubbed the legal immigration process. What about the poor impoverished people who tried to apply and get in legally? You've just disenfranchised them by letting the illegals stay. If the U.S. needs more workers, we should loosen the immigration laws, not just ignore them.

15. gillphish02

gillphish02 Member

RON PAUL or bust for me! Especially now that the Libertarian party has nominated a real douche bag to run...

16. XBloodyNailPolishX

XBloodyNailPolishX Forgetful Philosopher

What's wrong with being anti-corporate, and hands off government? I like the idea of less involvement from them.

17. chinadoll

chinadoll Member

I voted for him in the primaries and I'll write him in in November. There is no one else for me.

18. XBloodyNailPolishX

XBloodyNailPolishX Forgetful Philosopher

but does he even have a chance anymore? I'm actually beginning to fear that it would throw away a vote... but I can't think like that.... and besides, he wasn't my #1 choice... that was Kucinich, and after him, Gravel. Someone who's pro legalization, pro choice, anti war, pro universal healthcare, pro enviroment.

19. notjoetheplumber

notjoetheplumber Member

this is what i have seen occurring with those who inherited the "counter-culture", total confusion....i know this thread is old but it epitomizes the lack of individuals ablities to reason and thinking logically.....ron paul is a facist/capitalist who would love nothing more than to exercise his right to deprive you of yours....

20. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

elaborate