Adderall showing up in drug test

Discussion in 'Drug Testing and Legal Issues' started by guybob1000, Dec 10, 2007.

1. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

Drink a lot of liquids and pray.

2. destrokk

destrokk Member

adderall can be out of your system in one day if your not a frequent user, i wouldnt worry about it but it is a amphetamine so they are definetly testing for it

3. sylphid

sylphid Member

+ve for AMP every time. Test is accurate. You're taking straight amphetamine.

Most panels don't test for maskers, only sporting ones normally, sometimes expensive panels. Furosemide if you can get away with it, caffeine and a gram of vit C a day if you can't with 1L of water drank every 30 minutes, no salt or sodium (including bread products), you'll spend half the day in the toilet. Add a watered down isotonic drink (1 part drink to 5 parts water) once a day. Split the vit C tablets across the day evenly. Will halve your clearance time.

4. Sabres143

Sabres143 Guest

I took 10mg adderall at 4pm and then the other half around 5:30. then around 6 i got pulled for a random drug test at work. how long before the adderall is detected in the urine. i took the test about 3-4 hours after i took the adderall. and it was my first 1 ever. figures my luck right?!! any answers.

5. pharfromit

pharfromit Member

i've passed while on it before, but i've also failed with one day off(only to pass later because it was an Rx). Usually I pass with one day off and drinking liquid. 60-90 mg a day is common for me.

6. Magical mystery tourguide

Magical mystery tourguide Senior Member

now what's the mechanism in that? sounds too odd to be true.

and, then you'd just have amphetamine showing up rather than weed, and unless you're prescribed it that is more stigmatized.

7. luckylillauren

luckylillauren Guest

I have read for hours about adderall and it's consistency, effects, duration, etc. and I am terrified to take my urine test tomorrow. I haven't taken an adderall in years and I took 30 mg at 3 p.m. and another at 5 p.m. this past Mon. I was called this afternoon to test tomorrow by 4 p.m.. Custody of my children is at stake! Is there nothing that I can do to counter this ridiculous screwup??

8. luckylillauren

luckylillauren Guest

Is there a fitness body weight calculator to tell me if I will have 1000 ng/ml or 500 ng/ml? I am 5'6 and 100 lbs. I am very physically fit and have only %7 body fat. I skateboard, play outside with my kids, and stretch daily so I sweat a good bit. Man am I ever sweating now!!

9. I am Rooney

I am Rooney Visitor

strap one of those fake dicks with clean piss in it to yourself :D

10. luckylillauren

luckylillauren Guest

That would work if I were a guy!

11. sleepy88

sleepy88 Guest

i know this is an old post.... but people should know that yes, adderall will show up as amphetamine, since that's what it is. BUT there is a BIG difference between meth and amphetamine. i'm no chemist but - but basically that second methylation (sic) makes a HUGE difference. not as big as say the addition of one single oxygen atom changing water to peroxide, but, kind of close. all to say that SWIY could fairly easily get an RX for amphetamine, ie Adderall, for ADD, so when it DOES show up SWIY is covered. it's legal. whereas nobody could ever get an Rx for meth which is scheduled by the DEA as I, meaning for testing purposes only, ie, no legitimate medicinal value.

meanwhile, SWIY could clear it from their system fairly quickly. about three days of heavy fluid and food intake and lots of exercise and hot hot baths or showers. i don't read of people suggesting that eating a lot helps clear the system but it does because it speeds the metabolism when combined w/the above suggestions.

good luck!

12. Autobottin

Autobottin Guest

Took one slow release (I think, not positive) 10mg generic brand Adderall at 8:10 AM for an 8:30 job interview. Never before in my life have I been offered a job AND required to take the test IMMEDIATELY after the interview. It's always "we'll call you back in 3-5 days and let you know if you're hired, then you need to take a drug test etc..."

Anyways, that was my first in probably 6 months, they were just laying around for so long I figured eh, what the hell. Figures, right?

So time table is 8:10: Pop pill
    10:45 AM: Get tested.

Just over 2.5 hours between ingestion and urine test. Think it probably got into my urine? I am thinking I am PROBABLY fucked. Of course I don't have a prescription. I could have waited til 9:00 AM the next day. Might have been able to clear it in 24 hours, based on what I know now, but had no idea at the time. Figured best bet was just to go for it. Drank about 40oz of water just before the test, was all I could get my hands on.

What a dumb choice. Awesome that it could screw me over so badly.

Will let you guys know when I find out! Been having a bitch of a time finding any info on how SOON the stuff gets into your urine, it's all about how LONG it takes to get it all out...

13. sleepy88

sleepy88 Guest

sorry to say - assuming the generic version that swiy took was immediate release, peak plasma levels are reached w/in 3 hrs. honestly the timing couldn't have been any worse. are you sure swiy couldn't get a legit rx? find an easy going psych, say you're new to the area, used to take it, it helped a lot, but then, for whatever reason, a health kick or something, decided to stop taking it, but now swiy's add symptoms are worse than ever and interfering w/quality of life? look-up the symptoms off ADD, etc. it's worth a shot for a good job in this economy..... and as an aside, the most easy going Dr's or usually NOT clinic doctors, but private practice ones.

another option would be to act SHOCKED when the test comes back, of all things "amphetamines" !? "what??? are you kidding me???" sort of thing. could mention having had a cold. look-up otc meds that cause false positives. i'm pretty sure most decongestants do, though depending on how much money they want to spend, there might be tests they can do to check a false positive -- not sure. meanwhile get clean urine from a clean friend, or even buy some online or at a headshop and re-take the test. mistakes DO happen. it could be worth a try. do a bit of research for the best "fake" urine suppliers/brands. they come in powder and some even will heat to the proper temp if the person taking the test needs to be that careful. i've read of one that even comes w/a rubber flacid dildo type thing for the urine to come out of, again, depending how closely the person is being monitored during the test.

oh -- and meanwhile swiy might have bought enough time to clear his system anyway. one pill? in someone who isn't a chronic user should clear in about three days, especially w/lots of water, exercising, certain "detox" herbs, etc.

good luck!!! let us know what happens!
    g

14. sleepy88

sleepy88 Guest

mistake! trying to delete post!

15. sleepy88

sleepy88 Guest

i hate to sound argumentative, but i just cannot believe this is true. people are allowed to take goldenseal. what if swiy had a cold and believed that was the best way to treat it? i'm sorry - it just doesn't make sense or sound plausible. if the goldenseal where literally spiked into the sample, then yea, that could be problematic in the same way bleach would be. but they can't keep you from taking common, otc, medicinal herbs...imho.

g:(

16. sleepy88

sleepy88 Guest

this is ridiculous - if swiy kid:(s are stake don't f-ck around w/calculations and sweating it out - get clean urine ASAP! use some of swiy's kid's even (same sex) - otherwise swiy has got to know SOMEONE w/clean pee - i know you can get it online, but if there is a time constraint, find a head shop that has some. it's out there. read a bit online to find the best kinds. good luck!

17. Autobottin

Autobottin Guest

So I passed!! Lucky me huh?

Today I get two voicemails back to back while I'm in the shower. The HR rep who hired me calls me up, obviously very flustered by the tone of her voice:
    "Hello [autobottin], this is [HR girl] from HR... calling because I ran into an... er.. issue... with your... umm.............. paperwork. That I was hoping you could clear up for us... ummm... so give me a call back and maybe we can take care of this [exasperated sigh] thanks I'll talk to you soon."

So I'm thinking ahhhhh shit, here we go... preparing the ol' "Aphetamines!?! what could cause THAT!??" speech for this call back.

Turns out my drug test was clean... my fucking BACKGROUND check didn't clear. Go figure right? No criminal history, bad credit or driving infractions, I have no idea what the hell is going on. Guess I'll give em a call and see what's up.

LMAO, just my luck but I'm ecstatic I made it through the drug screen. Guess I did the right thing by getting in there ASAP before the drug had a chance to hit my urine.

I will post back if this ends up turning into anything interesting. Probably just some numbers got lost or typo'd somewhere along the way or something.

18. spiker

spiker Guest

depends on ur body fat ur body stores drugs in ur body fat the less u have the faster ur clean. also i only know 2 people who used the detox system that cost $60 from gnc n they both failed their test but it was pot they were trying to clear out of their systems

19. spiker

spiker Guest

how did u get it out of ur system?

20. spiker

spiker Guest

u should b fine with 7% body fat i passed a test at the hospital when i was younger n still did meth(i dont do it anymore) but i had 15% body fat n did a line in the parking lot befor i went in. n back then i did it a lot. let me know how u made out i see u posted this a while back