Barefeet in advertising

Discussion in 'Bare It! Nudism and Naturism' started by The World of Dan, Aug 27, 2004.

1. The World of Dan

The World of Dan FSMFTW

What do you all think of barefeet being used in advertising?

Almost every sofa advert you will ever see has barefooted people sitting on sofas.

Last summer, the BBC adopted a barefoot look (adverts showing nothing but feet, to give the feel of summer, you know?) to advertise it's summer programs.

UK GOLD has an advert with two pairs of barefeet rubbing against each other (until the channel on TV changes to UK gold, as which point they sit up)

Freedom finance's logo is a barefoot (and I'm sure they are not the only people that have used a foot as a logo).

.. and I'm sure there are many other examples.. what do you think of it?

2. Barefoot-boy

Barefoot-boy Member

I love seeing it and it ALWAYS get my atttention.

3. peacefuljeffrey

peacefuljeffrey Senior Member

I love seeing bare feet in advertisement, because I love seeing bare feet, period, of course. But sometimes I feel that bare feet are being used and exploited, because many corporate entities don't really feel the groove of going barefoot and easy, they're only posing that way.

And surprisingly -- it's bizarre, actually -- I have seen print ads for furniture companies here in Florida that show people sitting on couches with their freaking shoes ON!!! How ridiculous is that? They are actually sitting with their shoes on the couch! Weren't we all told by our mothers that you aren't to put your shoes on the uphostery? I wonder what the advertisers are afraid of that they won't allow people's bare feet to be shown, in comfort on the couch... :(

Blue skies,
    -Jeffrey

4. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

The 80s was a real cut-throat decade. Lots of pointy boots, spiked dog collars, spiky hair-doos. Something as gentle as bare feet would never sell in that type of atmosphere.

The latest commercial I've noticed with bare feet is the one for Filtrete. I guess the rationale is that the Filtrete air filter keeps your house clean enough that you can go barefoot. All the family members are shown barefoot. They even show a close-up on the kid's toes just to make sure you notice.

They show that commercial a lot on The Weather Channel. Just about every commercial on The Weather Channel has babies or little kids in it. Many of the women on that channel are pregnant too. I've never quite figured that out. :)

5. Reptile347

Reptile347 Member

Well, I saw a surprising ad on local tv which is US TV.
    I forgot what it was for but I think it was for some laundry detergent or something and when the kids say bye mom to go to school one is barefoot? thats weird for the US. Then the mother is barefoot as well later on.

6. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

13 years ago someone already made the topic I just thought of.