Islam and LSD

Discussion in 'LSD - Acid Trips' started by theguitarman, Dec 3, 2007.

1. theguitarman

theguitarman Visitor

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2018
  2. elfin1mf

elfin1mf Member

You should read some quotes of Muhammad, it seems as if he took some good acid to me. His words are inspiring if you like acid.

3. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

I was Muslim for years and during that period took LSD many times :)
    On one of my last mushroom trips this summer I even brought a copy of the Koran with me to read during the trip. But I am not Muslim anymore in the traditional sense. You cant see Allah as it is, but you can definitley feel It. And the angel's, too.
    Assalamu alaikum!

4. Whiskers123

Whiskers123 Member

There are actually many religions that hold drugs as a sacrament.

5. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

id assume he means 'mainstream' religions.

it seems to be wrong to drink in islam because it retards you - traditionally arab cultures smoked tobacco, opium, and cannabis. a decent amount of young muslims take drugs other than alcohol because they dont think its against their religion - this may be because they havnt read every part of their koran? i dont know, because i definately havnt.

anyway i think lsd fits in with any religion - the brain mechanisms that are effected by the LSD molecule (and other related drugs) seem to be intrinsically related to certain states of mind such as spiritual sensitivity.

who knows if the yogis of the himalayas really arent affected by LSD, but if this story is true, then it further supports this aformentioned relationship.

anyway, no religion mentions LSD because LSD was made in the 50's. mushrooms? well mushrooms dont seem to be the topic of religious papers to my knowlege? but i dont think mushrooms grew in the arid environments that gave birth to judaism, islam, christianity. nor in asia. cultures in america and in europe ate mushrooms - but these cultures do not have widely written scriptures compiling their religions, so there seem to be no 'mainstream' religious mentions of psychedelics, except for vague references that could mean a variety of things - as well as 'genuine' spiritual enlightenment , with symptoms resembling drug episodes.

the american indians ate cactus though, and the south americans have many preparations of psychedelics. island cultures have their own drugs too.

interestingly, australian aboriginees did not have prominent drug cultures - dispite having abundant stores of DMT throughout many parts of the australian bush.

but yeh the point is that a lot of religions or spiritual practices involves drugs, but the ones that are prominent in teh westernised world originate in an area without mushrooms, cacti, or DMT containing plants. correct me if im wrong, ive just never heard about psychedelics in christianity, except that LSD and mushrooms can invoke spiritual events in a christian, and i'd imagine in just the same way for a muslim.

6. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

Mushrooms, Im sure, are mentioned in the Rigveda, one of the 4 main text's of Indian spirituality (known collectivley, as Vedas, or Vedic scripture). It is referred to as Soma.
    a ápāma sómam amŕtā abhūmâganma jyótir ávidāma devân
    c kí nūnám asmân kavad árāti kím u dhūrtír amta mártyasya

We have drunk Soma and become immortal; we have attained the light, the Gods discovered.
    Now what may foeman's malice do to harm us? What, O Immortal, mortal man's deception?

Here is the description of whatever 'plant' soma is supposed to be :
    The plant is described as growing in the mountains (giristha, cf. Orestes), with long stalks, and of yellow or tawny (hari) colour.

I mean come on now. It could possibly be many plants, but the direct relationship of Indian spirituality and psychedelics is pretty clear, to me at least. -

7. AllahU

AllahU Guest

Salam/Peace

I was raised in a Muslim family, and was pretty strictly religious growing up. I tried acid for the first time freshman year in highschool- before any other mind altering substances [well, there was that makeshift bong hit in the bathroom but I ran away too fast]. Because Islam says don't take mind altering substances [though it doesn't specify] I was paranoid and freaked out. I didn't think it was that bad- not like the strictly forbidden alcohol] I think I was more freaked out about my parents finding out rather than it being antiIslamic. Nonetheless, it was still a concern. Well, my first few trips didn't hit too hard but I did end up liking acid.

Now, 15 years after my first trip, I did a search on Islam and LSD. I feel that LSD and other psychedelics have indeed opened up my spiritual eyes. There was a period in my early twenties where I was completely Atheist [I was angry at God, but it wasn't ''God''s fault- really I found I was just angry at myself] and the healing that brought my spirit back into Light was due to a heavy DXM trip [4th plateau] + cannabis. My material body became so heavy and my blood pressure was so low- that I had another oneness experience [the first one was from smoking pot =) ]. Basically I couldn't separate my body from the rest of reality- the energetic threads between me and the outside world became visible as radiating and pulsating threads of light, and when I moved my arm- everything moved. I was catatonic for a long time. It was over 6 years ago, so I don't recall everything in great detail, there was a LOT of information and light coming through- but I was blessed with healing through a Kundalini awakening/rising experience. Bolts of energy moved through my body and involuntarily, I began to make the same movements that a muslim person does during traditional prayer, and also mixed with yoga movements. The existence of God was undeniable- only, the God that I had thought was reality- an angry being, full of revenge and disapproval at my then lifestyle- was everywhere, penetrating my very being, and not this personified idea that people have/that i assumed through my and other peoples readings of the Quran. God was inescapable, because it/he/she was/is everything, always, and ever-present. My heart blasted open, my throat, and my crown. That is a crown awakening.

And these kriyas- involuntary movements, bolts of energy- were definitely something new to me. I had never known about kundalini energy but I knew that the kriyas were moving old energy through my body and clearing my material vehicle. It was amazing.

Cut to present times. Now I consider myself a muslim- but some muslims may not consider me so, since I am more of a mystic/sufi. Another thing I'd like to say for any Muslims researching this topic, or those interested- is the whole structure of a muslims mental framework really effects the trip [as would it to any other religious minded person]. Psychedelics have always helped me delve deeper into reality, and the mind, but now I still find myself very true to my roots. I went through a lot of spiritual struggle, abortion, drug abuse- even alcoholism [i'm free now =)] and I've come to find that, for me, personally, being muslim is not just a religion- it's a lineage. I follow a lineage of persons who have been working on the earth plane for hundreds of years, to move through a specific message of Light. I'm a philosophy major, and also study Kabbalah, Taoism, Buddhism, Magic, Logic, and Science. I'm a healer, and I am happy with my life. The tribe of Adam Kadmon. There is reason to this-
    the whole thing about wudu, keeping the body in a clean state- i've found to be true for higher spiritual communication it's necessary to purify the body-
    not that defecation is evil, but that there is specific physical matter that is darker energy [once again, dark doesn't mean evil- it's just a different quality of light] which can weigh down the body.

I'm also a seasoned yogi and yoga teacher, and being vegetarian makes a huge quality of difference of energy of the body as far as making the body lighter-meat brings Rajasic [firey] and Tamasic [heavy, dark] energy, which is not good for meditation for awakening [it works differently for different people!] According to yoga philosophy, the universe is made up of three energies [firey/excitable, calm/balanced, dark/heavy/slothful] beginning, middle, end- creation-sustenance-destruction- and I believe that being a Muslim has helped me to connect certain dots [why foods are halal/kosher/blessed- eating dark karma- selfish consumption through another's suffering] and taking psychedelics has strengthened my spirit and healed it in many ways throughout life.

About Namaz- the movements and words in the Islamic prayers are incredibly powerful. Don't even get me into the power sound has for exorcisms. Being muslim has helped me go through and also conduct several exorcisms and deposessions- with and without psychedelics [though they can help- Ayuhuasca =)]It's not that the spirits are evil- nothing is truly evil- it's just that they have separated themselves to some degree from the whole and continue to do so- [i'm talking specifically about lost souls and disbelieving Jinn] and due to certain emotions [often it's anger, greed, or self loathing] they take out these emotions on God [aren't able to face them] and separate themselves from Unity [of course this is difficult to eloquently state but I hope you catch the jist- it would take a novel to get all the nuts and bolts screwed here]. These beings really just need love.

You fight fire with water, not with fire.

Back to Namaz- the movements move energy through the spine- the words them selves move energy around and in the body/universe. Words work with the throat chakra and air/ether element. 5 elements.

All is One.
    Anyhow, if you are interested or have any comments, i know this thread will come up for someone somewhere interested in this or with some experiences of LSD and ISLAM, hit *reply* or shoot me an email. There's a lot to it. Remember, set and setting is always and important factor [state of mind as well!]

And I'm happy to be here now.

1 person likes this.
  8. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

9. anumnasir

anumnasir Guest

hey im very interested in talking to you because i think my current state is much like what you were experiencing before. i am at the stage of questioning Allah's existence, however I feel there is a divine creator watching over us. I'm interested in taking psychedelics to find some answers and I would appreciate if you could guide me.

10. the_doors_of_perception

the_doors_of_perception Member

I'm a Native American Muslim from the south, and I think LSD and other psychedelics are very spiritual drugs. I believe intentions are important, and you should just make sure you have good ones. Alcohol is forbidden in Islam and I can understand why. It really does lead to death and bad behavior a lot of the time. It dumbs you down and turns OFF your mind (but not in a "Tomorrow Never Knows" kind of way!). I think psychedelics are the complete opposite of that, and help provide important insight into doors of perception that are not typically open until you seek them out... Most people are just misinformed and brainwashed by the media (on the topic of psychedelics and many other things.....)

11. deleted

deleted Visitor

12. Stealthz

Stealthz Members

Asalamu Alaikum,

I'm trying to contact ypu, but won't let me message you. Can you please message me? I have couple questions I need to ask

13. OldDude2

OldDude2 Newbie

Death to the Apostate!

14. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

considering that was his/her one and only post two years ago, good luck getting a reply.