John Lennon and Aleister Crowley?

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by Kevinlovesmary, Oct 20, 2007.

1. Kevinlovesmary

Kevinlovesmary Member

We all know who John Lennon is, he promoted peace and love. but theres this one song where it goes "if its destruction then count me out" but supposedly right after out, hes says "In" can someone fill me in if this is true? If so could that mean that he was lying about peace and love? also the Sgt. Peppers cover album features Aleister Crowley. Ive looked into Aleister Crowley and he was a big time occultist. Known as"the wickedest man in the world"I dont know but this has got me thinkin hard. Ive smoked way too much weed so yeah....

2. nodirectionhome

nodirectionhome Member

Yeah, he really does say "in" in that song... it's called "Revolution 1," and it's on the White Album. I read in the Anthology that he said "out" and then "in," because at the time, he wasn't really sure what he believed. Although, I heard a live version of the song, and they took out the "in."

But the people on the Sgt. Pepper cover... I wouldn't take that too seriously. I think they're just supposed to be "important" or "influential" people, and not necessarily people that the Beatles supported.

3. lunarflowermaiden

lunarflowermaiden Senior Member

I've also heard about Jimmy Page being involved in the occult and rumors about him being a satanist (I am sure you've heard of this before, as well). A friend of mine actually accused me of being into black magic just because I am a fan. I think people look for whatever they can find about a celebrity and exaggerate and spin everything around. While some of it may be true, like Jimmy Page being interested in Aleister Crowley, I think a lot of what is said is just exaggerated information. As for John Lennon, that story sounds about on the same length as the "satanic messages" in "Stairway to Heaven" and the "paul is dead" theory.

4. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Who cares if he was interested in satanism anyway. Besides that it doesn't really have to say anything about him it's also his personal business. It's about the music, if you look hard enough i'm sure you find more unexpected, unpleasant or dubious facts about your idols. And doesn't everyone at times feel like destructing everything that bothers them? I think I'd have made two different takes of that line as well. Keeps things interesting. :tongue:

5. bigT

bigT Member

The Beatles also wanted to put Hitler on the cover, but the people who made the album or something wouldn't let them, so no don't take that cover seriously it's just made to be trippy.

6. Sensei

Sensei Senior Member

John Lennon and Aleister Crowley really aren't that different, they're just post-larval/post-terrestrial mutants fucking peoples minds and dancing with the truths they have discovered.

7. LittleFlowerChild

LittleFlowerChild Member

i think you guys are over thinking it a lot just like people over thought as well as overreacted to the whole "we are bigger than jesus now" statement i dont believe that john lennon was i think he was just amazing guy who people used as a scapegoat
    my country went to war and all i got was expensive gasoline!

8. celebrating

celebrating Member

Here is Aleister Crowley Book Of The Law,I Am not a fan of Crowley,but I find this book Really quite interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFt2mVWjBAw"]ALEISTER CROWLEY'S THE BOOK OF THE LAW SAMPLE - YouTube

Steven Ashe's Blog is now visible on http://stevenashe.wordpress.com/

Aleister Crowley's The Book of the Law is available on CD exclusively from Amazon http://tinyurl.com/bulq7nn

The full version of Aleister Crowley's The Book of the Law. English Language recording.

Heralded by some as the most powerful grimoire of the 20th Century, received via direct voice transmission from the dark angel Aiwass, a messenger
    of the ancient gods during three rituals performed by Aleister and Rose Crowley in Cairo, Egypt.

This recording of the Book of the Law is performed by Steven Ashe, author of 'The Complete Golden Dawn Initiate & 'Qabalah of 50 Gates' (available from Amazon & from www.lulu.com/Qabalah).

Delivered in powerful prose poetry, the work haunted Crowley for the reminder of his days and provided the inspiratsystem based upon the revelations of the book and upon the teachings of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn. The work is composed of three Surah's, or chapters. The first chapter is the message and blessing of the goddess Nuit-Isis (Infinite Stars, Infinite Space - re: opening sentences
    of Surah 1). The second and third chapters, the revelations of Hadith and Ra (Hoor Khu) contain prophecies concerning the manifestation of the New Aeon and the apocalyptic fall of the ancient orders of temporal
    and spiritual powers as the New Age dawns.

Egypt, 1904. Just weeks after performing mystical rites in the King's Chamber of the Great Pyramid of Cheops, Aleister Crowley received The Book Of The Law. It was during three performances of ritual magic at midday on April 9th, 10th and 11th of that year, that Aiwass, a self-proclaimed messenger of the gods, appeared to Crowley and dictated The Book Of The Law directly to him. Crowley recognised Aiwass as his Holy Guardian Angel and The Book Of The Law itself as a Bible for the New Age: the aeon of Horus, the child god of ancient Egypt, also synonymous with the unfolding Age of Aquarius.

The book's three chapters delight, mystify and terrify as the Goddess Nuit,the mysterious Hadit and the chilling Ra Hoor Khuit (war god of Egypt) issue their proclamation through Aiwass. This new recording captures

9. RustyRivers

RustyRivers Member

If you wish to know more about Crowley and the rumors I might be able to help since I am a Thelemite and have been a member of O.T.O.

There is one Law. To do what thou wilt! This doesn't mean that you can do what you want, but that you must follow your true will. It is also said that "all men and women are stars" which means that all people are divine.

Magick is simply explained as the tool of True Will, and a result of self control and focus.

Tarot is used for self-initation.

Some study Kabbalah some worship Krishna, some prefer love, some prefer anger, some pray to Jesus and some to Pan. Thelema is the philosophy of thinking, feeling and doing what you think is right, believe in what you want to believe and accept that everybody has their own True Will and their own path in life.

10. Michael Starless

Michael Starless Member

Ya Paul McCartney said the people on the cover were just very important people

11. celebrating

celebrating Member

How come WE didn't come on the cover if they were important people?
    Just kidding.

12. celebrating

celebrating Member

Yeah, after all, WE were the ones who bought all their records, and thanks to that the economy of the UK went up.

Kidding about the cover, I think it's quite neat!

13. Reverand JC

Reverand JC Willy Fuckin' Wonka

By the way the day before yesterday was the anniversary of Lennons death.

But on the subject of horseshit surrounding the Beatles:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8W9_qN64S4s

If I remember correctly there is a bit about Crowley in there.

C/S,
    Rev J

14. celebrating

celebrating Member

Nothing wrong with reading everything there is to read, and making up your mind about. And not having to ask a priest about it, who are in all kinds of paedophilia, and alliances with the Catholic Maffia.
    Don't need their permission.

15. Neem

Neem Members

I wouldn't take it seriously Lola but there is so much misconception on Aleister Crowley (I think of him as a very interesting person.)

Scratched likes this.
  16. John Lennon and Aleister Crowley had a secret meeting where Aleister put a pyramid on John's head and he realized that he is an angel and all of his songs are infused with the light of Heaven and contain a secret code which if read backwards will tell you the secrets to the cosmos.

etherea and Asmodean like this.
  17. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Damn, neon, we have to kill you now.
    Don't tell the secrets. :)

18. Asmodean

^
    No need to hurry! As long as the code itself remains secret Neon may live :cheers2:

19. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

'Aliester Crowley
    they treated him most foully
    if only he'd been Crowley
    they would have called him holy'

20. Asmodean

Mr. Crowley, won't you ride my white horse?
    Mr. Crowley, it's symbolic of course

2 people like this.