Snorting Xanax: Effective or Not?

Discussion in 'Pharmaceuticals' started by JahRed24, Aug 22, 2007.

1. JahRed24

JahRed24 Member

Well the topic explains itself.. Do u find it effective to snort ur xanax? like for ex. is snorting 1mg of xanax = to just swallowing 1mg? will snorting the 1mg have different effects do u think? like more intense?

2. goofydrummer

goofydrummer Senior Member

When i snorted it, it barely worked. Chewing it was much stronger. I heard topnotchstoner say that it depends on the brand though.

3. logwarrior

logwarrior Member

i like snorting it. it's not as good as snorting valium or klonopins but it still is good for me

4. JahRed24

JahRed24 Member

Well guys ur lucky to have my input, seeing that i've experimented with MANY different pharmaceuticals and many different brands...To say the least im the person in my group of friends that "knows it all" whether it be drugs or another subject i like to think im 'well informed'. anywayz after experimenting with the insufflated xanax i have come to the conclusion that it does indeed effect you when insufflated BUT the bioaviability of xanax is much higher when just taken orally..basically what im saying is that its better just to eat ur xanax, and if ur looking for 'fastest' onset then just eat the xanax on an empty stomach (eating any pill on an empty stomach will make it kick in faster). Trust me when i say this i've experimented with xanax many times over the past 3 years of my college life. I am currently a juinor in college. I was always the smarter one when it came to using drugs and have seen many friends and people around me fall into addiction to Benzo's (xanax, valium, ativan, ect..) and ESPECIALLY the Opiates (Oxycodone, Hydrocodone, Codiene, Hydromorphone, Diamorphine aka Heroin) so just be careful and don't get carried away with the drugs...they are good, yes. But Respect them or they will turn ur life into a shit hole real fast.

5. Daedalus

Daedalus Member

x2 to JahRed cause he beat me to it.

People. Just stop snorting your god damn pills. Its not worth it, trust me, the hole in my sinuses can attest to this. Plus pharmacuticals are designed to have their bioavailability optimized for eating them. So please, take it from someone who knows and has medical evidence to back it up. Putting things in your nose results in nasty little holes being burned into your sinuses over time and these never really heal. Plus, pills last longer taken orally. Just stop with the nasal fixation and take them as directed, though the dosage part is up to you.

Stop snorting fucking pills. Its bad. The gigantic hole in my sinuses that actually shows up on panoramic xray (no bullshit) is not worth the little rush you get from snorting it. Granted, the major contributor to that was coke, but pills will do the same thinhg. Plus if you eat it they last longer. Health and economics both say eat the god damn things.

1 person likes this.
  6. logwarrior

logwarrior Member

^this is true, but as of now all i really snort is blow, and sometimes XTC. If I still had a klonopin plug i would snort them because i LOVE the feeling of doing the little blues.

i used to be addicted to the act of just snorting drugs, which is why i have put almost everything that can be put in my nose through a straw.

7. JahRed24

JahRed24 Member

so logan warrior when u snorted xanax did it actually kick in faster and feel the the same as if u were to eat ? ANSWERS!?!?
    tell us ur experiences with:
    SNorting Xanax:
    &
    Eating Xanax:

(will the insuffalation of xanax actually make the xanax kick in faster but lose bioaviability?_)

Let me know what ya guys all think!! peace....

::its 7am and i just woke up after a night of partying and doing drugs such as xanax bars, roxicets 30's, 20mg/OC tabs, and at night b4 bed ive been munchin down my ambien script hardcord!!

8. candyflippin

candyflippin Member

ive acutally been doing xanax everyday for the past 2 months (snorting and eating) and snorting them is 10x better then eating them...u just gotta remember u cant spit the drip out or u are just spitting the xanax right out (the drip from xanax is HORRIBLE!!!) its like 20x worse then a coke drip. i take about 8-9 xanax a day and snort probably about 3 it hits way way harder

9. JahRed24

JahRed24 Member

I was doing some research on the internet regarding snorting xanax and found this:

"Snorting xanax reduces its bioavailability by up to 66% and no less than 33%. Obviously this depends on a number of factors such as mucusal membrane functionality, tolerance to triazolo Benzodiazepines with a heterocycline group unique to Xanax or alprazolam. My suggestion is that if you are this desparate for BDZr 1-6 (that we know of) activation for specific GABA instructions for CNS inhibitory mechanisms than chew the pill and keep it under your tongue for five minutes, then just swallow what is left. It should take a mere 15 minutes to feel some effects. THE PROBLEM WITH SNORTING XANAX IS THAT IT IS NOT READILY H2O SOLUBLE. Amphetamines and various Opiate Analgesics are completely water soluble and therefore pass through the membrane and cross the BBB with relative ease with the exception of many painkillers which serve no purpose in brain."

Now im not saying this is completly true but this guys really seems to know what he's talking about. Im gonna give snorting xanax one last shot just to see...but im still convinced you will get better absorbtion by just eating them... I've tried the under the tounge method with xanax but it just taste so damn nasty that i can't keep it under there for too long...

P.S. = You people that snort xanax are you guys snorting the "bars" (ex. i got the bars that have the impring "G 3722") Of course there are a few other brands of xanax bars out there, but all in all they are all the same. EXCEPT for the ones that come from over-seas like the ones that are in the foil "pop-out" ones, and i think, from personal experience, the ones that are from over-seas are not as good or effective as the American made bars. Like those ones that are circle and ''pop-out'' of the lil tin-foil packaging.

10. cracker531

cracker531 Member

I dunno about xanax but sniffing klonopins doesn't do shit. Don't waste your pills by sniffing them...just eat them like candy.

11. italianblaze

italianblaze Member

dont snort them
    not only does it burn like a mofuker but it fucks your nose up,
    id reccomend chewing it or parachutin them bitchs

12. thrwaway

thrwaway Members

JahRed24, my god what a raging fuckwad you are. Are you eleven years old? I made an account just to break this down. Yes, I know the original post is 2007. That's how bad this is.

"Well guys ur lucky to have my input, seeing that i've experimented with MANY different pharmaceuticals and many different brands...To say the least im the person in my group of friends that "knows it all" whether it be drugs or another subject i like to think im 'well informed'. anywayz... Trust me when i say this i've experimented with xanax many times over the past 3 years of my college life. I am currently a juinor in college. I was always the smarter one when it came to using drugs and have seen many friends and people around me fall into addiction to Benzo's (xanax, valium, ativan, ect..) and ESPECIALLY the Opiates (Oxycodone, Hydrocodone, Codiene, Hydromorphone, Diamorphine aka Heroin) so just be careful and don't get carried away with the drugs...they are good, yes. But Respect them or they will turn ur life into a shit hole real fast."

Okay, first off - quit sucking your own dick, a circlejerk is bad enough but nobody asked you to demonstrate masturbation at us. You do a bunch of drugs, everyone here does, woww-eeeee you want a fucking trophy? Maybe if you'd been less of a self congratulatory narcissist you'd have had energy left over to offer support to the many friends you watched destroy their lives, probably while getting high off their supply or their pitch money along the way.

Secondly, though, THIS IS THE FUCKING ORIGINAL POSTER. Why the hell would you make a thread asking if we've done this and if it works and then all of a sudden come back like you invented the fucking pill? Like I said, quite literally NOBODY ASKED YOU TO JACK OFF ALL OVER YOURSELF IN FRONT OF US.

And then after you conclude an answer to your own question, and others support you unanimously, you're still asking DOES IT WORK DOES IT WORK?!??!
    And then "::its 7am and i just woke up after a night of partying and doing drugs such as xanax bars, roxicets 30's, 20mg/OC tabs, and at night b4 bed ive been munchin down my ambien script hardcord!! "

Like I said, eleven years old? Definitely not 24, that must've referred to your IQ.

The rest of the posts weren't much better.

"u just gotta remember u cant spit the drip out or u are just spitting the xanax right out"

As in... PUTTING IT IN YOUR NOSE WON'T WORK UNLESS YOU SWALLOW IT TO YOUR STOMACH AFTER.

[​IMG]

13. Sawd

Sawd Members

Lol funny shit I do em all the time and snort Everytime

14. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

I always love when people spit out insults then fits those insults themselves.
    I would love to insult them when I see it but usually they are too stupid to know they are being insulted.

15. kil0

kil0 The Rebel

Is snorting Valium any good?!?!? first time I heard of snorting valiums... As far as I was concerned, shorting Xanax isn't a good idea, it hits you faster but the high is much shorter.

So clearly I've done it and so have some of my friends, and there's a pretty unanimous feeling toward bars (mentioned above), especially if you drink with it, then it's s lights out for you.

But taking a bar and smoking a blunt can be hella relaxing. But I virtually never snort the bar, I don't see that much of a dig fence in the high expect for the quicker onset, and then I gotta deal with a notty nose,

So how does snorting Xanax compare to snorting Valium? I have some of both but I'm already too baked to take Thebhehèhdf

16. AmandaB

AmandaB Members

I have snorted Xanax, it will work, but only because some amount of the substance will drip down the throat and into stomach.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019