Tobacco Pipe vs Marijuana Pipe?

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by user4444, Aug 20, 2007.

1. user4444

user4444 Member

Forgive me if this seems like a stupid question. I'm not a big smoker (although I very much enjoy an occasional indulgence when the opportunity presents itself) yet I have managed to find myself with a good amount (for me) of MJ. Problem is, I have nothing to smoke it out of and don't live near any head shops. I could, however, get a cheap tobacco pipe and, I'm assuming, use that. Is this something I should NOT do? My other option is to do some sort of homemade contraption.

1 person likes this.
  2. Sneaky Beast

Sneaky Beast Member

its pretty much the same

3. Bud_Man

Bud_Man Member

Well you can use a tobacco pipe, I tend to mix tobacco with weed anyway just to help it burn better, so I'd add both for a nice slow burn. Most wooden tobacco pipes don't have carbs, but you can still use it.

4. user4444

user4444 Member

I understand the usage of the carb in the smoking process but what does it really do? I guess having a supply of my own has raised a lot of questions.

5. 40oz and chronic

40oz and chronic 'Nuff Said

you dont need a carb like with metal pipes, but it's useful for a nice clear hit. after your almost done taking the hit, releasing the carb allows air to flow through and get the last bit of smoke deep into your lungs.

6. user4444

user4444 Member

Thanks!

7. Puffis

Puffis Member

A tobacco pipe works just about the same as a marijuana pipe does so my guess is the result would pretty much be the same, I have never used a tobacco pipe though so I don't know, but I do know that it wouldn't be a problem.

8. Superretardgirl

Superretardgirl Member

At all the local stores in my area, the glasswear is beside a sign that says intended for tobacco use so really arn't they all just tobacco pipes?

9. Roach

Roach Member

They only do that so they dont get busted for selling pipes for smoking weed in.

10. sourdiesel06

sourdiesel06 Member

LOL, we used to use corn cobs back in high school when bowls were kind of hard to come by due to the fact that we weren't 18 and the nearest head shop is a good 20-25 min drive from here.

11. BudBill

BudBill Dark Helmet

Just pick up some papers from a gas station.

12. Twizz

Twizz Drug Conoisseur

I don't know why everyone thinks there isn't any way for them to smoke weed except with something homemade.

EVERY convenience store has blunts and papes, you just have to ask. Theyre also cheap as fuck, too. And some convenience stores sell cheap pipes (pretty good glass ones for about $10 canadian.)

13. nesta

nesta Banned

NO legitimate tobacco pipes have carbs.

not that that's particularly important...

but tobacco pipes are generally huge compared to pipes designed for pot, and honestly they are not at all good for smoking pot. i mean, sure, you'll get a few good smokes out of them, but they first of all are not designed well to get the last little hit out of them, the stems are too hard to clean pot resin out of, too narrow, the bowls are huge, no carb, etc.

now if you DO use a tobacco pipe, i STRONGLY recommend a briar root or a meerschaum pipe. they will both be significantly more pricy than a corn cob pipe or some real cheap wooden pipe, but they actually WONT taste like shit the way a cheap pipe will, and you can still get a cheap briar for 10-20 bucks

i'd say just go to the gas station and get some rolling papers and smoke some joints, or order a glass bowl online...

i know you arent a regular smoker, but in the long run if you think you'll ever be acquiring pot again any time in your life, it really just makes sense to have a decent bowl. it will be a good investment for sure. if you're worried solely about function and not so much about looks, you can get some perfectly good, reliable, thick glass peices for cheap

14. SpectateSwamp

SpectateSwamp So pro Pot it's scary

This may be the first and best pipe ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKxzpPj4Jwc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nHTYT3hoFQ