Cyclists In This Forum?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Livingstrong, Aug 12, 2007.

1. Livingstrong

Livingstrong Member

I was wondering if there are other cycling fanatics in this forum as I am. I love road cycling but I do also MTB, cyclo cross and what ever cycling.....cycling is one my passions is life. :)

2. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

i haven't cycled as much as i'd like in the past years, but i have biked across the norther US

3. xexon

xexon Destroyer Of Worlds

I've been riding bicycles longer than most people on this forum have been breathing air.

It is a superior lifestyle.

Physical conditioning and zen all in one. A rolling meditation.

A true cyclist will know what I mean.

x

1 person likes this.
  4. Livingstrong

Livingstrong Member

So I guess you have developed great leg cuffs? :drool:

5. xexon

xexon Destroyer Of Worlds

I get comments about my legs from both men and women. Who can complain about such a thing? :)

x

6. dogsy64

dogsy64 Guest

This is a really old thread but I wondered the same thing. Xexon is right, it's rolling meditation. I live to ride and ride to live.

7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

They always come out around Tour de France time.

8. dogsy64

dogsy64 Guest

Ok, I ride every day, regardless of the weather!

9. machinist

machinist Banned Lifetime Supporter

I understood the other day the role cycling has played in my life. An outlet for all types of energy, good and bad. Some of the highest moments have been on the bike, and the bike has helped me through some of the lowest. My favorite thing is just the great feeling of loneliness and leaving everything behind. Out in the middle of nowhere all by myself and just burning through the miles.

10. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I'm a cyclist but not fanatic. It is in many instances just the best vehicle to get me from A to B. You exercise, see something, no fuel. It helps that everything here is flat :p ;) Hills and mountains suck when cycling.

11. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I just started cycling, we have a nice 30 mile trail here converted from an old railway line. So I went and bought a bike so I can enjoy the trail

But I'm not exactly a cyclist in the sense that some people are. There are some serious cyclists around here who spend like $1500 on their bikes and buy all the clothing and gear and fly around me as I'm cruising a leisurely pace on my $80 Huffy. I'm not one of those cyclists

I like brewery hopping on my bike, tis fun

12. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I still can't take normal cyclists with helmets seriously. Like if you're racing or mountainbiking... ok, I can see the point. But now you see people on bicycle paths on normal bikes with those bicycle helmets all the time. This while i cycled to elementary school on a road cars drove 80 kmph and nobody wore a bicycle helmet back then (well.. only epileptic people)

13. ahsorandy

ahsorandy Members

People sustaining head/brain injuries, while riding a bike without a helmet on, should not be covered by medical insurance! JMHO.

14. bluewatersurfer

bluewatersurfer Members

not a cyclist but am an avid runner....anything that gets the cardio going is a plus to
    me...helmets are a must I do believe

15. I used my bicycle for getting from A to B. It was my only form of transport. On returning to the UK I have not cycled to the same extent. The traffic is horrendous and drivers are very inconsiderate! Unfortunately I haven't cycled for 14 months because of a knee problem which will hopefully be sorted after the next surgery. Will I return to cycling? It's difficult to know because the road I must use to get anywhere is dangerous and I don't know if I want to relearn the etiquette of bastards.

16. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Cant remember the last time I saw a cyclist on the road in Sydney that actually followed the road rules and wasnt a turd

They never bloody signal to change lanes, always straight across pedestrian crossings, on foothpaths in the city then straight out in front of a car when shift back on to the road, always through red lights

I hate em

Plus fat guys in lycra is an environmental hazard

1 person likes this.
  17. Scratched

Scratched Members

I hope the turds weren't wearing Lycra, if they get hit it would splatter! Do Gorillas run that fast? Somehow that's a funny image I'm getting lol.

18. bluewatersurfer

bluewatersurfer Members

cycling is a great cardio workout and so much easier on the hips, knees and ankles
    sadly, I much prefer to run.....

19. bluewatersurfer

bluewatersurfer Members

but again, cycling is much LESS stressful on the joints

20. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

We get lots of cyclists in my part of the world in warmer months. It's good for then to train in the higher atmosphere and the Alps etc.

I have a mountain bike I used to ride a lot, up and down the trails. I didn't like getting up there but it was worth it coming back down. I haven't ridden since I killed my shoulder a few years back falling off a horse.