would you leave for a year to live somewhere else?

Discussion in 'Travel Polls' started by cerridwen, Aug 9, 2007.

1. deadhead82

deadhead82 Member

i would like to go to holland for a year

2. matthew26

matthew26 Member

Yep. I'd love to go to China or Japan, stay there for a year and learn the language.

3. hipsage88

hipsage88 Member

ya i would. somewhere nice and peaceful but not far from people. somewhere in greece.

4. Dee Snider

Dee Snider Guest

Yep,in a heart beat.I lived in Tokyo,Japan for five years.I also lived in San Francisco for year.I would love to live in Boston and Charleston,South Carolina.

5. Fawkes

Fawkes Member

I just did an application online to go to Korea to teach english for a year. Hell yeah I would go!! They don't pay much, but the room is free, and the flight over. Not sure about food.

6. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

i would go live in ireland.

7. metalgypsy

metalgypsy Member

Finland! And like 600 other places. I would pretty much go anywhere.

8. Lolli

Lolli Visitor

absolutely!!! i would go as many places as i could :)

9. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

well i lived the last year in germany, traveled some of the us last summer and i wanna go again, spend another year in a new place..........

10. Sunburst

Sunburst Fairy

I'm planning on moving to Peru for a year once I'm done school, to keep improving my Spanish and to just live in the culture! I'm also considering temporarily moving to Costa Rica (same reason as above, and I also met some awesome friends who live there when I was traveling), some really isolated town in the Northwest Territories to do nursing and traveling A LOT in the future! I love Canada but hell, why can't I love other countries too!

11. Mixed-Peppers

Mixed-Peppers Member

Love this topic...

Hmmm i love culture...and i am always trying to find out stuff about other countries...Tho i actually havent travelled 2 another country before...

I think i would happily want to experience a new place for a year or more...Tho i now i would have trouble choosing were the place would be...quite a lot of places interest me :)

12. Mixed-Peppers

Mixed-Peppers Member

How long have u been learning Spanish for?...How many languages do you speak.?..Do you find Spanish easy to learn....I actually want to learn Spanish...Hence; the questioning:D

13. Banx

Banx Member

yes, i would love to live in american samoa/independent samoa.

i would also like to spend a few months to a year in puerto rico as well, to also help improve my spanish.

14. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

Hah, next year I am taking my ski instructor course in Canada, so I will be living there for a small while.

Otherwise, I would love to live in Japan probably. Although I really do like where I live already :p

15. Rolling

Rolling Banned

I'd leave for longer than a year. ;) But to answer your question, yes I'd take the opportunity and see some wildlife. Maybe Ecuador, hey, one can dream right? :p

16. Unknown American

Unknown American Rogue Capitalist

I moved away from the USA permanently about 2 and a half years ago. I only visit family in the States on Vacations.

Currently I live in Belize. Although I travel throughout Central and South America frequently.

In under 2 years I will be living in South America. Likely in Colombia or Argentina.

So yes.:)

17. Fawkes

Fawkes Member

What do you do for work when you are only in place for a year or two.

I lived in Australia for about 18 months and I studied in Spain for 3. It was so very cool, but not nearly enough. I would love to live in Europe for an extended period of time. Ljubljana maybe. Or one of the Baltic countries.

18. The Earth

The Earth Om Tare Tutare Ture Svaha

I had a big chunk of cash for awhile, now I so wish I would have at least traveled Europe.. Now Im a Lame

19. vigilanteherbalist2

vigilanteherbalist2 Senior Member

I am joining the Peace Corps for two years. Hopefully going to Jamaica.

So, yes, I would.

20. TheTruthAndPeaceSeeker

TheTruthAndPeaceSeeker Member

I would go to India to learn about hinduism and buddhism as much as i could and you don't need a lot to live there also.