osho

Discussion in 'Gurus' started by eydis, Jul 26, 2007.

1. pSYnE0

pSYnE0 Member

Even that this guy wrote pretty good texts he still was pure narcissistic sociopath. And actually hes writings were not that original after all, all these can be found from any religion texts, it just that he wrote them in another way.

2. celebrating

celebrating Member

I think in his own way Osho was very neat and original.
    After all in meditation it is not words that count, but silence,
    Next best is singing, poetry and love.

3. celebrating

celebrating Member

4. celebrating

celebrating Member

5. loveincarnate

loveincarnate Member

Can anybody here list all the names he used ?
    His birth name was Jain [like in Jainism]
    aka; Rajneesh, aka;Osho, aka George Washington ...
    who can finish the list ???

I think it is interesting that people can say someone is a good person [or not] from their writings without ever meeting them.
    To me this doesnt show good judgement, you wont have to search far to find wonderful writers of spiritualist texts with serious mental problems and criminal behavior. I read that John Lennon's abuse of women was fairly well mopped up [in media] but still documented, though its all gossip to me. I havent met them, I dont know them, simple.

Its been a long time but my memory [not as good as once] is that this man was in the USA illegally from day one [I find humorous], and this was the 'excuse' the law used to get rid of him after years of trying to get him on felonies they settled for an out they had from the beginning, but am unsure they [law] knew this [humorous].

It was said they had to get him out because of the damage he was doing.

Now I dont know if all Ive read is true or false, but if 5% were true then this man was super-evil based on how people define evil. It appears that changing his name was one way of evading damage done in the past.
    Ive read of planned murders and all kinds of psychotic plans.

Its all Tabloid to me, a sign of a society of ppl not minding their own lives, focusing on my own life will benefit me more that honoring or critisizing anyone else. People who do honor him in my experience know little about him. Confronted with the *facts* disbelif is the first reaction.

If "lead by example" was the way to spiritually teach, then this man, according to what Ive read taught horrible things.

http://www.rickross.com/groups/rajneesh.html

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclie....,cf.osb&fp=5bcca3627bd7e282&biw=1187&bih=578

[​IMG]

I have no opion of this man, I never knew him and am happy with that.

6. celebrating

celebrating Member

There is no list. Just Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh, later he did not want to have a name, so finally his disciples came with a japanese word OSHO, meaning Oceanic, and Zen Master. He never named himself David Washington. When he was taken prisoner by US agents (for 12 days without a warrant) they did not want people to find Osho there ,because it was illegal, so THEY named him David Washington.

In Jail they gave him Thallium poison, and Irradiated him. Thallium works, so the heart starts working very hard. After 8 weeks thallium leaves no trace in the body, usually the victim, dies after 2 years. Thallium is tasteless and odorless. They gave it to him in small dosis in the food in jail.
    When Osho returned to India, he had Doctors from England and Germany
    check his urine, blood ,and hair samples, and they concluded that he had been poisoned by Thallium.

So he only had these 2 names, the other one(David Washington), was made up by the US government administration of Ex-president Ronald Raegan.

You should notice that in that picture they took, there is no name.
    Because they did not want to be sued ,because they knew what they did was against the law. The court told Osho not to return to the US for a period of 5 years. They did not want Osho to die on USA soil, they knew he would return to India, in this way they could not be blamed for the murder of posisoning by Thallium.

And much of character assassination was done through the press, but didn't
    work as they expected. Some fell for it, most did not.

Most CIA agents at the time were Catholic. So the Vatican and Us government worked together on this. Cardinal Ratzinger today's Pope Benedict XVI, received daily and weekly reports on Osho, he was afraid that people would leave the church, since they had nothing to offer.

Read a book called: A PASSAGE TO AMERICA by Max Brecher, and you will get better information, than Rick Ross.

[​IMG]

7. loveincarnate

loveincarnate Member

- In prison doesnt everyone eat together ?

- What reference do u provide for CIAs being catholic ?
    [if true superbig news to me someone who studied CIA a long time]

- What did OSHO offer that the church doesnt ?

- What about the poisoning perpetrated by the Rajneesh Commune ?
    Is there any irony or connection between his followers piosoning a town and his alleged poison poisoning ?

- Are you suggesting that changing his name is in no way an attempt to distance himself from poisoning the town ?

PASSAGE TO AMERICA does this show any hits relating to Osho/Rajneesh ???????
    https://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclie....,cf.osb&fp=d559e104731bfbb7&biw=1187&bih=578

If people have first-hand personal experience with Rajneesh I would enjoy hearing from them. Any other comment [including mine] would be gossip. The people we know the best are those we spent years with.

8. Raga_Mala

Raga_Mala Psychedelic Monk

Sorry all the evidence indicates that Rajneesh was extremely complicit in the crimes of his followers. False prophet as far as I'm concerned.

That doesn't mean that many of his followers didn't benefit from his teaching. As Ram Dass says, when we are free from paranoia even a charlatan can be a great teacher. We should always be willing to take teachings.

9. sst80

sst80 Guest

If all the evidence indicates complicity as you say them why did Sheela and others go to prison while he went on a world tour and ended up back in his Pune Ashram? Answer, he was not complicit.

As for profit, sorry, doesn't apply here. Osho has never claimed to be anything other than an ordinary man who has disappeared as an "I" (realized his enlightenment) As for his teachings, nothing of the sort exists. Also in a very real sense his "followers" are not followers at all, not in the traditional sense of the word. No, we are not to follow him at all. The master is simply a finger pointing at the moon and the true master gives you back to yourself.

There is a cautionary here, he who is looking from the outside can never see into the depths, never understand the relationship between master and disciple. It's simply NOT part of the Western experience

http://www.messagefrommasters.com/Masters/Master_Disciple_relationship.htm

For the poster requesting names. Osho was born Rajneesh Chandra Mohan.

For the nay sayers it might be of value to view the following remarks from eminent people: http://www.oshoworld.com/osho_now/eminent_osho.asp

Biography: http://www.oshoworld.com/biography/biography.asp

Understand this, I am not here to defend Osho; he needs no defending. Truly I have no proofs to offer in any case except my own experience and yes, that experience has been tremendously beneficial to me and not in the realm of accumulating knowledge which is the antitheses of what Osho was about. It's questionable really, how much the casual reader or student can gain from "studying" his words, very little, I suspect. Yes there are essential messages contained in all those discourses (called gossips) but nothing one could call teachings in the intellectual sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOOliDA0Iws

10. celebrating

celebrating Member

CIA Director William Casey died of a brain tumor in 1987 at the age of 74. His Requiem Mass was said by Fr. Daniel Fagan, then pastor of St. Mary's Roman Catholic Church in Roslyn, New York. It was attended by, (among others) President and Mrs. Ronald Reagan. Casey is buried in the Cemetery of the Holy Rood in Westbury, New York. He was survived by his wife, the former Sophia McDaid, and his daughter, Bernadette Smith.--WIKIPEDIA

Meditation was prohibited in 1990 by John Paul II, when some nuns where caught meditating. He said this led to other religions.
    Osho and all the East has meditation ,which the church does not practice. Eastern Religion do not believe in sin, confession, etc. And are quite different in general.

Sheela did some awful things I have read in the press and did time for that. She was a Judas that betrayed Osho, she wanted to be the Master , stole money from the commune. When this happened Osho called the FBI, and they took advantage of the situation, and had Osho in jail 12 days poisoned him with thallium, but had to let him go because there was no case on the court on him. On Sheela, but not him.
    They banned him to come to USA for 5 years, but they knew he would die before that, since the poison would act on him, once in India.

If someone in your family commits a crime, just an example there, are you supposed to go to jail too?
    Sheela paid for what SHE and her gang did.
    But they didn't have a case on Osho. Couldn't even give him a parking ticket.
    I get the impression, that the CIA used Stupid Sheela, and she never realized it.

All spiritual Masters have many different spiritual names ,meaning many different things, according to the high stage they are living. Creates a big impoession on people on the West, since we are only given one name.
    Just like Jesus, doesn't it seem weird to you that he changed his name to Christ? nothing strange there. Or should I suspect something?
    Jesus the Christ.

11. celebrating

celebrating Member

Found this by Amrito_Battarai_881:

The United States government at that time had many opportunities to link OSHO (Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh) to the crimes this page is trying to tie him to--but never legally pursued it? The fact was, legally the US Government knew they had more to lose than anyone--because they had no substantial legal ground to interfere with Rajneeshpuram to begin with. They kept losing every case in court from the municipality level to the state level. Sheela was a scape-goat for the FBI to bargain and collaborate with to bring the entire movement down at the time. When OSHO broke his silence, Sheela knew her powerful role was going to quickly deteriorate, and OSHO started calling her out on her tactics. Her exit strategy was genius--work with the FBI, get a short sentence, and store away the $6M she stole from sannyasins in Switzerland...

One thing has to be remembered though: OSHO (aka Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh) was also the one who called the FBI to investigate Rajneeshpuram himself. Also, his own room was bugged and his two of his closest disciples were also poisoned---by Sheela and her gang(the one charged for the crimes). This propoganda that has been led by the western press ever since trying to tie Osho's hand with the crimes is not substantiated with the true facts around the case.

Today "Rajneesh" is bigger then ever because his message is pretty clear and transparent, but at the time everyone including the United States federal government were trying to bring the movement down. In the documentary "Rajneeshpuram- An Experiment to provoke God" (on the website for oregonlive.com), the other side of this story is posted. The movement during that time was successful in every step, and by historical standards, achieved incredible benchmarks for human creativity and potential--creating a positive environmentally friendly city within 2-3 years. If you take the minority (less then even 1 quarter of quarter of a percent) who committed the crimes-- the other 99.999% of the people there were loving, caring, joyous and living in peace.

If you take a look at the way the US government has nullified governments, people and movements around the world today and in the past--they've always done it indirectly with proxies. My own suspicion, worth investigating, is whether Sheela when confronted by OSHO for her rediculous behaviour, decided to become an informant for the CIA to help bring down the movement altogether. For crimes that she committed, she should have been in jail much longer--and she now runs a retirment home in Switzerland. Why was OSHO put into maximum security jail for a crime completely seperate from the Dalles poisoning and related to immigration--which never in the history of the United States was ever indictable? Why was OSHO's name changed to "George Washington" in one of the many jails he was transported to and from within the 12 period he was in custody? How about the two individuals who came out in the early 90s on public radio, long after OSHO left his body, claim to have been hired to assasinate him in Oregon by the CIA? And lastly, this is one stand alone incident of a major crime that happened in the context of OSHO's movement--and never before or after has anything even close ever happened--yet, it is stereotyped quite harshly...

Also, it's clear that who-ever has taken this "historical" initiative is quite biased in his or her views. Even a simple picture of OSHO (Rajneesh) can't be left as-is--but has to be darkened to make influence and interpretation of what is mostly negative coverage of the events. The so-called classified facts released, are hear-say evidence from those that were convicted--who obviously would have blamed OSHO as a scape-goat for their crimes.

And...

christian fundementalists bombing Osho's hotel; government hired assasins trying to kill Osho; fraudulent attempts at hiding Osho's where-abouts under the alias "george washington"; illegally interfering with the commune's growth and losing every case in court; locals carrying guns (better dead then red) and threatening sannyasins--I'm sorry guys, you're stuck in the cult called the United States of America...

For OSHO's own take on the events:
    http://www.************/l.php?u=http...on.txt&h=a31c5

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. celebrating

celebrating Member

http://forum.davidicke.com/showthread.php?p=1060715273#post1060715273
    List of CIA Directors

Allen W. Dulles (Member of the Vatican military order -- the Knights of Malta, Uncle of Jesuit Avery Dulles)

John A. McCone (Devout Roman Catholic, Member of the Vatican military order -- the Knights of Malta, Administrator at the Jesuit Loyola University)

William Raborn

Richard Helms (Advised by Vatican Knight of Malta James Angleton)

James R. Schlesinger

William E. Colby (Member of the Vatican military order -- the Knights of Malta)

George H.W Bush (Member of the Vatican military order -- the Knights of Malta)

Stansfield Turner

William Casey (Educated at a Jesuit university, Member of the Vatican military order -- the Knights of Malta)

William Webster

Robert Gates (Educated at a Jesuit university)

R. James Woolsey, Jr.

John M. Deutch

George Tenet (Educated at a Jesuit university, Member of the Vatican military order -- the Knights of Malta)

Porter Goss

Leon Panetta (Educated at a Jesuit university, Devout Roman Catholic)

Wow -- talk about Vatican control. And who founded the agency? William J. "Wild Bill" Donovan, a devoutly Roman Catholic Knight of Malta who was the recipient of the highest award in the Roman Catholic Church.

13. sst80

sst80 Guest

I had a lengthy argument with Rick Ross, self proclaimed rescuer of brain washed cultists. What he knew about Osho you could write on the head of a pin. No talking to him at all. Like most westerners he had zero understanding of the master disciple relationship and simply argued as it Osho was just another Jim Jones. Understandable, of course, since one really needs to experience such for oneself.

Regarding Jim Jones, Congressman Leo Ryan, murdered in Jonestown, had a daughter who was a sannyasin. I met her at the Ranch in 1985. Obviously she trusted Osho was NOT anything like Jim Jones. I wrote a piece for New Age Magazine after the Ranch closed arguing the point that is one understands the master's role in the life of the disciple the experience would have been accepted as just another opportunity to WAKE UP! Many did not and blamed Osho for the whole episode. For them Rajneeshpuram was a failure. Guess for them it was, but not for me. I spent five months in residence and the experience was priceless.

14. celebrating

celebrating Member

The links between the inner circle of the Vatican and the U.S. are stronger

than is generally considered the case," Marin Fair wrote in the National Catholic Reporter March 17, 1984.

According to Fair, the Sovereing Military Order of Malta "represents the cutting edge of right-wing Catholicism in the United States, a hidden meeting ground where the Catholic Church and the U.S.ruling elite intersects."

Included in the constellation of right-wing Catholics in the Reagan administration
    were: Edwin Meese III, counsellor to President Reagan and later, Attorney General and functioning head of the United States Justice Department; Jean Kirkpatrick, former U.S. Embassador to the United Nations(whose son, Stewart,
    was a disciple of osho); and William Casey ,Director of the CIA.

Some said that the covert action branch of the CIA was predominantly Catholic.

CARDINAL RATZINGER , the head of the Vatican's modern inquisitional office,
    operated behind the scenes with the expulsion of Osho from America. The information allegedly came from someone "very close" to Ratzinger, the man who controls the Vatican policy against other Religions."

Osho said that some people saw a god in him and others saw a crook. But what they saw depended on them, "I am just a mirror. When a crook looks at me, he sees a crook in me. It all depends on you.

As far as I am concerned it is impossible to portray me.(Socrates Poisoned Again After 25 Centuries)
    One who Really wants to know the answer will realize that he's been on a circular course all along, that the question he might fruitfully ask is, "What is my inner nature? Who am I?."

A PASSAGE TO AMERICA BY MAX BRECHER 1993 (Journalist. Psychology, philosophy, Film Industry, Comparative Literature,Writer.)

15. celebrating

celebrating Member

Rick Ross is a cult himself, and has no idea except being destructive with criticism, too basic.

It should also be remembered that Reverend Jim Jones was a Christian, has absolutely everything to do with Jesus. Osho had nothing to do with Christianity.

sst80, most people have not had the lucky experience of living in a commune and meditating in a place of harmony. So they let themselves be influenced by the media ,because they have no experience of this, what else can they say? If the media said it ,it's true, its the word of God!
    And world Governments politicians handle the media, at least 97% of it.

You should write your conversation with Rick Ross, since he seems to be funded by the FBI, and Rick Ross doesn't know where he stands. In another forum, a guy sends me his post from Rick Ross institute as if they were divine,some kind of "authority", some people even have made videos against Rick Ross, being fed up with him, not allowing religious freedom. Leave your opinion in Internet for all to see, people are not dumb.

Namaste.

Take a look at these links:

http://www.religiousfreedomwatch.org/false_exp/RICK_ROSS_AND_THE_ROSS_INSTITUTE.PDF
    RICK ROSS INSTITUTE

http://forum.davidicke.com/showthread.php?p=1060729827&highlight=rick+ross#post1060729827
    Rick Ross Institute PDF

http://forum.davidicke.com/showthread.php?t=138369
    OSHO, Truth Awareness and Enlightenment

16. celebrating

celebrating Member

The CIA owns everyone of any significance in the major media." -- Former CIA Director William Colby

17. celebrating

celebrating Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

Osho: "No society wants you to become wise"

No society wants you to become wise: it is against the investment of all societies. If people are wise they cannot be exploited. If they are intelligent they cannot be subjugated, they cannot be forced into a mechanical life, to live like robots. They will assert themselves - they will assert their individuality. They will have the fragrance of rebellion around them; they will want to live in freedom.

Freedom comes with wisdom, intrinsically. They are inseparable, and no society wants people to be free. The communist society, the fascist society, the capitalist society, the Hindu, the Mohammedan, the Christian -- no society likes people to use their own intelligence because the moment they start using their intelligence they become dangerous -- dangerous to the establishment, dangerous to the people who are in power, dangerous to the "haves"; dangerous to all kinds
    of oppression, exploitation, suppression; dangerous to the churches, dangerous to the states, dangerous to the nations.

In fact, a wise man is afire, alive, aflame. He would like rather to die than to be enslaved.

Death will not matter much to him, but he cannot sell his life to all kinds of stupidities, to all kinds of stupid people. He cannot serve them. Hence, the societies down the ages have been supplying you with false knowing. That's the very function of your schools, colleges, universities.

They don't serve YOU, remember, they serve the past, they serve the vested interests. Of course, they go on puffing your ego up bigger and bigger, they go on giving you more and more degrees. Your name becomes longer and longer, but only the name -- you go on becoming shorter and shorter. A point comes where there are only certificates and the man has disappeared. First the man carries the certificates, then the certificates carry the man. The man is long dead.

Dr. Pritam Singh, it is not possible to become wise through the universities. Wisdom needs a totally different approach, a diametrically opposite approach. Knowledge is of the mind, wisdom is a state of no-mind. Knowledge creates the bottle around the goose -- a beautiful bottle, very beautifully painted, but it is just a bottle.

And inside there cannot be a real live goose. Inside a bottle either you can have a stuffed goose -- that's what your scholars are, stuffed tomatoes, potatoes, but all stuffed, stuffed with junk -- or you can have a painted goose inside. It will look beautiful from the outside, but in fact you are carrying only a bottle.

And the bottle becomes heavier, because knowledge has its own way of accumulating -- it goes on reproducing itself. Knowledge does not believe in birth control at all. If you know one thing, it will drive you into another thing, because with each question answered ten new questions arise. Again the same will happen: ten questions answered and you have a hundred questions ready for you. It goes on spreading. It becomes bigger and bigger and you are lost in it.

You ask me:
    WHY AM I STILL IGNORANT?
    This is why you are ignorant: you have not yet come out of the illusion of knowledge, the illusion of the mind.

Get out of the mind. The mind is the bottle I am talking about. The moment you drop the mind... and mind is only your idea; it is not a reality, it is fictitious, it is just a fantasy. It is made of the same stuff that dreams are made of. You can simply step out of it.

[​IMG]

And this is the moment, Dr. Pritam Singh, because this is a great insight, in fact, to recognize: "Why am I still ignorant when I am carrying all the degrees of the university?"

Accept the fact that all those years of acquiring knowledge have been a sheer wastage. Get out of it! And the moment you are out of the mind, you are out of the bottle. See?... the goose is out! And the whole freedom of the sky, and the whole freedom of insightfulness... The so-called learned, the scholarly, the knowledgeable go on living in a world of their own fictions. They have no concern for reality at all -- they are disconnected from the real.

And it is the real which can make your life a joy, a bliss.

The word "God" is not God, the word "love" is not love either. So the poor people who go on thinking about the word "God" or the word "love" are simply missing a great opportunity.

They may have known what God is, they may have become acquainted with the mysteries of love, but the word is hiding the truth; the word is covering their eyes. The eyes of all knowledgeable people are so covered with theories, theologies, dogmas, creeds, that they cannot see. They are not transparent. And wisdom is a transparency, a vision unclouded -- unclouded by all thoughts, unclouded by all dust.

One has to cleanse oneself every moment, because dust tends to gather on the mirror every moment. It is a natural process. While you are sitting here, the mirror in your bathroom is gathering dust. Even in the night when nothing is happening -- even the doors of the bathroom and the windows are closed -- still some dust is gathering, settling on the mirror, because dust particles are there in the air itself. Every day in the morning you have to clean the mirror.

One has to be even more alert about the inner mind, the inner mirror, the inner capacity of reflection. EACH moment you have to clean the dust. I prefer to put it in this way: EACH moment a sannyasin has to die to the past and be born anew. Then he remains transparent, then his mirror remains clear. Then there is nothing to obstruct his perspective. Then he is neither a Christian nor a Hindu, nor a Mohammedan, nor a Buddhist. Then he is simply a mirror, just a mirror, a mirroring -- mirroring all that is, within and without. Out of that mirroring, wisdom is born.

Wisdom is the flowering of your transparency, of your translucency, of your luminous being. That's what we are doing here. In fact, the function of the Master is to undo what the society has done to you. It is an anti-university, an anti-school, an anti-college, because it is not here to impart knowledge to you but to impart something totally different, something of a different dimension. It is here to create a triggering process in you so that you can get out of your so-called scriptures, words, theories, and you can become just ordinary. You can just become whatsoever you are without any pretensions.

I exalt the ordinariness of consciousness. I am not teaching you the superman here.

(Osho)

Source: http://oshosearch.net/Convert/Articl...-00000001.html

Posted by Milana Veselinovic at 9:35 PM

18. celebrating

celebrating Member

[​IMG]

Osho
    : Once you become alive, once your life energy arises, you will suddenly feel that you fit with existence, but you don’t fit with the society. And I tell you: if you don’t fit with the society, don’t bother about it, because ultimately it means nothing. The only thing that will be meaningful ultimately will be whether you fit with existence or not.

Try to be harmonious with life, howsoever arduous. Even if it sometimes seems impossible, but try to be in harmony with the Whole. Even at the cost of being thrown out of the society and forced to become an outsider, don’t bother about it. This is what sannyas means to me.

Sannyas means an effort to seek ways and means to be in harmony with the Whole, even if it creates a rift between you and your society – because society is man-made.

Even if you fit, nothing is achieved. One has to find his home into the Ultimate. And all societies are against God. People think that there are societies which are not against God. No. Sometimes, very rarely, for a few moments in history, in the vast desert of societies, a few oases have existed – but they are exceptions. No society has really existed which was religious.

For example, when Buddha was alive, then an oasis existed around him: a few thousand people – nothing compared to the whole world – a few thousand people converted, transformed, existed with Buddha. But the moment Buddha disappeared, that oasis disappeared, the very springs disappeared – how long can the trees exist without it?

A few oases here and there, rarely, have existed, but the society at large has remained anti-religious. But the people who manage the establishment are very cunning. They give society a ritualistic, formalistic, religious shape; churches exist, temples exist, and people go and pray; and holidays are there, religious holidays – but all formal. Don’t be deceived by the formality of it; it is a deception.

It is to give you a feeling that the society is religious and you need not go beyond society to seek religion. And religion is always beyond society, because religion is always alive, it is not of the mind.
    And society is always of the mind; it is an order maintained by the mind. Religion is not an order maintained by the mind – religion is a discipline, loose and natural. It is not that you maintain it and manipulate it; rather, on the contrary, you lose yourself into the river like phenomenon, and the river takes possession.

[​IMG]
    OSHO

19. celebrating

celebrating Member

The Satori Event – Osho

Hubert Benoit also says that satori has two meanings. One is the satori-state in which everybody is – the birds and the trees and the mountains and you and all the buddhas – past, present, future. The whole existence is in the state of satori. This is another way of saying that godliness is everywhere, in everything; that godliness is the soul of everything. Buddhahood is everybody’s nature. And the second is the satori-event. Every man is from all eternity in the state of satori. The satori-event is only that historic, anecdotal instance when man suddenly ceases not recognizing that he has always been in the satori-state.
    -Osho
    From The Sun Rises in the Evening, Chapter One

20. loveincarnate

loveincarnate Member

0sho claimed to teach the cosmic comedy
    (perhaps more shakespearian tragedy)

The IRONY of his own demise being ...
    His people were convicted of felony assault for poisoning
    the neighboring town a (poison thy neighbor type religion)

THEN once the USA extradited him (couldnt prove involvement in poisioning) he claimed that THEY poisoned HIM !

Poison ... get poisoned = KOSMIC KARMA KOMEDY (KKK).