What is your favorite way to travel?

Discussion in 'Travel Polls' started by skip, Jul 11, 2007.

1. redyelruc

redyelruc The Yard Man

...Cheaply.

I love travelling by motorcycle and when I don't have to go too far I like to walk. I have a pipe-dream to walk from where I am now in Thailand to India via Laos, China, Tibet and Nepal. It's about 5000 kms and should take about 18 months. I need quite a bit of money but should be able to start around April 2009. I am going to Laos for the month of October again, and will do quite a bit of trekking and motorcycling.

Peace,
    A.

2. fountains of nay

fountains of nay Planet Nayhem!

I like using all different modes of transport. Keeps it interesting.

3. dystopiate

dystopiate Member

yes i agree. people who pick up hitchikers are either cool enough to be somewhat entertaining for the ride or are the kind of person you can con out of some cash as well as a ride.

4. J0hn

J0hn Phantom

My favourite way is by Eurostar train. As you leave the station, you crawl through the suburbs like a snail. Then you hit the tunnel and the train picks up speed. The sense of revolution and happiness takes over your emotion. Then you hit France and you bullet across the countryside at great speed.

I choose international trains because it is less check in time, very easy, your ears don't pop and the food tastes better. And you contribute to cutting carbon footprint, if any.

5. Fedora

Fedora Member

Hey, I enjoy walking. When walking you tend to see and notice a lot more things than when traveling by car. I used to love the boat too, but I sold my sailboat. :boat:

6. RainbowUnicorn

RainbowUnicorn Member

I love to fly! Just being up there in the air and looking out at the clouds is a wonderful feeling--and then seeing everything coming into view as the plane lands is fun too!

7. watersofoblivion

watersofoblivion Member

Definitely anywhere my own body can carry me... or in the car, staring out the window day dreaming of where to next.

8. HippyLandscaper

HippyLandscaper learning a new way

I don't think it really matters, at least not to me, as long as I am traveling. I'm really not to particular.

9. Yoseff

Yoseff Music Addict

Bike, definitely, but trains follow a close second...

10. themnax

themnax Senior Member

rail, preferably solar powered narrow gauge, and other less usual guideway based systems. this world needs more little people sized trains, and means of propelling them other then burning anything.

=^^=
    .../\...

11. Hobie

Hobie Member

I like European trains. I had some brilliant conversations with fellow travelers... I also like buses during the day time. (even though the bus driver I had in Ireland seemed hell-bent on getting us killed).. :)

12. Fedora

Fedora Member

Try a taxi ride in Belarus! Peace be with you!!!

13. madlizard

madlizard Senior Member

14. aloneinabigbadworld

aloneinabigbadworld Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I think it depends. I went on a 3 month road trip with my family, which was fun, but I try to live in town so that my daughter and I can walk to school etc.

15. LauraMay

LauraMay Rainbow Humper

I love exploring places on foot :D Especially unknown places.. And one day I really want to go roadtripping somewhere. I'd love to go hitch-hiking but it's not exactly safe out there is it. Back in the day I so would've though! Safer back then.

16. Lizzie~Bee

Lizzie~Bee Member

I chose horse, because nothing beats having someone else to travel with like a horse - they're better than people to me! - but I really love walking around, nice and slow.

17. /\/\ /-\ R K

/\/\ /-\ R K Member

18. OlderWaterBrother

OlderWaterBrother May you drink deeply Lifetime Supporter

Depends on the distance, short to long, I like foot, bike and motorcycle (an old sliverwing). although I haven't done it too much I have begun to enjoy kayaking. I like any form of transportation that allows you to be out in the open. Also I liked to hitchhike in the 60's and 70's but in the end of the 70's it seemed to get a little scary to me, has it changed?

19. art_hippie

art_hippie Member

...hitchhiking,van or train:}:}:}i just love hitchhikin:}

20. LucyInTheSky777

LucyInTheSky777 Member

IDK. i love flying, but driving is great. and of course magic carpets =P