Ac/dc

Discussion in 'Progressive Rock' started by steve-peace, Jun 30, 2007.

1. steve-peace

steve-peace Member

i love AC/DC, they are awesome!
    ive heard they're coming out with a new album in 2008.
    ok, question who was/is better Bon Scott or Brian Johnson. i'm gonna go with bon scott because he was the original, had a better voice and had better songs with him, brian johnson has some great songs too but bon had better.

tjr1964 and Dude111 like this.
  2. ghost of rat

ghost of rat Senior Member

Yeah, you would get a lot more replies in the other music forums- such as rock n roll or heavy metal. acdc are not a progressive band

tjr1964 likes this.
  3. area_51

area_51 Banned

in a interview,brian said bon was the voice of the band..and that no one can replace him..brian is a great fit for the band,but the voice of ac/dc is ronald(bon) scott

tjr1964 likes this.
  4. offset

offset Senior Member

I totally agree :):):cheers2::hat:

5. zillagod

zillagod Member

I got to see AC/DC a few years ago, and of all days, on my birthday. Slash's Snakepit opened for them and they were totally awful. Slash is a good guitar player, but Snakepit was a large disappointment. Now, for AC/DC. I have never been a large fan of their music. Whole Lotta Rosie has always been a fav of mine, and I did own the Back in Black cassette long ago. But Angus Young just really turned me off. His style of dancing around really affected his guitar playing. I mean, if this idiot would have been serious about his playing, and not sat there and banged his head with every chord or note, he may have been a great guitarist. But his schoolboy image was more important to him than his guitar playing, and that is really a shame, and it shown through in the live concert I saw. So many missed notes, just awful guitar playing.

6. offset

offset Senior Member

Angus has always tried to copy the Chuck Berry (his all-time idol) duck-walk-----I guess he's just getting on with age :):)

tjr1964 likes this.
  7. mick the whip

mick the whip Members

as a fellow geordie I have to go with bryan but only just

8. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

AC/DC rocked thru the 80s!!!!!!!

I have a concert from them LIVE AT DONNINGTON on VHS (1991) and every song is awesome!!!!

tjr1964 likes this.
  9. new Athenian

new Athenian Members

While not detracting from AC/DC in any way do you really think they belong in the category of Progressive Rock?

10. tjr1964

tjr1964 Members

Love AC-DC !!!!

There one hell of a Power Blues based band on steroids !!!!!