Discussion in 'Horror Movies' started by Thornatos, Jun 29, 2007.

1. Shale

Shale ~

Unfortunately, I missed seeing this movie in theater. I recalled it got good reviews locally at the time so when I saw the DVD in the $5 bin at the video store this weekend I picked it up.

It was quite good and Cusack carried the pathos and fear of a cynical skeptic who comes to doubt his certitude AFTER he is trapped in an inescapable situation. Really a very entertaining movie. Worth seeing.

BTW, this bargain bin DVD is a 2 disc set - I may eventually take time to look at the Director's Cut.

2. beatlebug

beatlebug Member

I love this movie =]

3. Echo Catharsis

Echo Catharsis Members

Saw it on DVD over New Year's and I must say the suspense factor and creepiness increases when one has consumed much weed. If I get brave enough, I'll have to watch it uninfluenced by any substance and see if it holds the same creep-factor for me. One of my weird fears from childhood is the sound of warped or distorted audio, so the scenes with the clock radio... *cringes* I'll have to find and read the short story as well so I can have a well-rounded perspective.

4. -Yggdrasil-

-Yggdrasil- Einherjar

I thought it sucked. One of the stupidest non scary movies I've ever seen. I know it was based off a book or something but the old haunted hotel room with spooky noises, voices and hallucinations... How original.

1 person likes this.
  5. the highway terror

the highway terror Member

great movie

john cusack has grown up to be one of the best actors in Hollywood.

6. happydude_60

happydude_60 Senior Member

I liked the movie better than the story it was based on, which was a little different than the movie. Normally I like King's books and stories much more than their film adaptations, with few exceptions.

7. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

i just torrented this movie, haven't seen it yet

8. Ellynx69

Ellynx69 Members

This is one of my favourites. There is one scene where John Cusack's character is trying to attract the attention of the man opposite. I don't think it was intentional, but when JC's net curtain moved I could see a large sinister face in them!

9. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

This movie scared the bejeezus out of me

10. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Seemed like one really bad trip.

I thoroughly enjoyed that flick.

11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I thought it was pretty bad tbh.