the real hip awards......

Discussion in 'Hip Awards' started by moonshyne, Apr 11, 2007.

1. moonshyne

moonshyne Approved by the FDA

So, this forum says
    "Now you can decide who and what is HIP! The annual HIP awards will be voted on by our members, staff and YOU!"

I've been here forever, and I've yet to see a real hip award. Most everything here is "who's the hottest chic?" and all that crap.

So, when will we actually get any awards?:H

2. *Andy*

*Andy* Senior Member

Yeah, where are these awards? I think that they should appear next to or below your user name as a little medal that relates to what you were votest the most hip at. For example, if someone was voted the hippest computer guy, they'd get a little computer under their name...or the hippest gay guy, they could get a little penis below their name. Just a thought.

3. lunarflowermaiden

lunarflowermaiden Senior Member

That wouldn't be a bad idea, I suppose. What if someone won many awards, though? There wouldn't be enough room to fit all of them.

4. Strange Days

Strange Days Member

Most of the members here seem to be cool to me. I never like it when these kinds of awards are given out in schools...I remember in grammar school certain students were "most improved," "best student," "nicest kid," etc twice a year and I won one once and I didn't care...I hate popularity contests. I remember some kids always got the awards and some never got one and felt left out and they worked just as hard as the other kids.

Sorry for my rant. Just wanted to make a point; all of the hip members are hip.

5. *Andy*

*Andy* Senior Member

Yeah, maybe Strange Days is right. There is no real need for awards. Like Dale Carnegie says, people only do these kinds of things for a feeling of importance, which doesn't really matter anyway.

6. lunarflowermaiden

lunarflowermaiden Senior Member

I never liked when that happened in school, as well. I thought it was disrespectful to the other students who also made improvement, worked hard, ect. You have made a great point in saying everyone here is hip, as they most certainly are!

7. PsyGrunge

PsyGrunge Full Fractal Force

Some of the titles for these award threads bring a tear to my eye.

8. madlizard

madlizard Senior Member

Hehehe. I want to win that one. :)