Rush

Discussion in 'Progressive Rock' started by Chaseman80, Mar 29, 2007.

1. hippieatheart

hippieatheart vagina boob

Rush is one of my favorite bands. They are amazing.
    I'm going to see their concert in July 2. I can't wait.

2. Suib

Suib Musical Journeyman

Saw em on the 14th of June. What an amazing show!! They're one of my all time favorite bands. Favorite songs are: The Trees, Something for Nothing, Limelight, 2112, Passage to Bangkok, and Bastille Day.

3. timewarp

timewarp Member

Just got this in the mail......................;)

[​IMG]

4. BooBoo87

BooBoo87 Member

One of my favorite bands. They never disappoint... each album is great. Saw them live the last 2 summers and will continue to see them for as long as they tour!

5. hippiepeece

hippiepeece Member

I saw them back in July in Hershey, Pa.

Very great concert

6. Reefer Rogue

Reefer Rogue Member

Amazing: 2112 overture, Tom Sawyer, Passage to Bangkok, Anthem, Working man, Free will, Fountain of Lamneth, Fly by night

RUSH

7. moongazer

moongazer Member

Rush is fucking GREAT. Amazing band.
    my finace's THE biggest Rush fan alive, I kid you not.....I mean, Rush is his BAND. Lucky for me (and him!), I've always loved Rush. But he has every single one of their albums, so he got me into deep cuts. "Roll The Bones" is my favourite album, but "Xanadu" is, by far and away, my fave. song of theirs.

Geddy Lee is out of this world when it comes to his bass playing. I can listen to and watch him for hours.....but I find it funny that, when he plays a guitar (especially a double-necked one), he's always looking down at his fingers- on the bass, he knows what he's doing.

Neil Peart is SUCH an amazing drummer- his revolving set made my jaw drop when I saw it for the first time! and when they go in the studio, the band usually tells Neil to "do what he feels is right" for the song- a lot of what you hear on Rush albums is him just playing off the top of his head. That's talent.

Alex Lifeson isan astounding guitarist- I know it's a "hit" of theirs, and I hate to use such an example, but "Limelight" really shows off his skill. "Xanadu"-obviously- is a classic and shows it off, as well.

8. Spiral Sea

Spiral Sea Member

a bit off-topic but I loved the South Park Tom Sawyer intro they had on the last tour :D

been a huge fan most of my life and so far all the handles i've used on the internet have been Rush related.
    love all albums until Presto (Counterparts being the only post-Presto album that i really like from start to finish) but most 80's and 90's albums have a production that i have some problems with.

9. Hannuck

Hannuck Member

I haven't been a long time fan - discovered Rush quite recently. They're actually a really unique band, I mean the developments in sound they've made through decades and their healthy and sophisticated attitude. This is something you could really call art rock.

The interesting thing is that Rush doesn't seem to set any boundaries regarding genres, they seem to think outside of that category. So they've created some very interesting sounds. And Geddy Lee's voice sounds a bit like from outer space as well.

10. mizanthrope

mizanthrope Member

Totally creative band, totally wicked. I used to dislike them but grew to love them over the past couple of years.

11. area_51

area_51 Banned

ive seen them five times and never was dissapointed,they dont know how to put on a bad show.the musicians as well as their sound crew are top notch.however im not sure they should be in the same class as emerson,lake and palmer,yes,and the like

12. kmq31565

kmq31565 Member

love these guys,saw them 5 times..great show

13. Harpo

Harpo Member

And for th....oh it's you again!

14. Manservant Hecubus

Manservant Hecubus Master of Funk and Evil

It's not a topic that time frame really matter, is it?

I got gifted tickets to see Rush this Oct. I'm excited.
    Only other show I've seen was the R30 tour.

15. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

These days I really dig early 80s, new wave inspired Rush, when they really began incorporating synths into their music. I am talking albums like Permanent Waves, Moving Pictures and Signals. Those are my favorite Rush albums. Much of their earlier and later stuff I could not much care less for tbh. I generally do not like most prog these days, but some of what Rush did was really good.

16. Bent Cold Sidewalk

Bent Cold Sidewalk Member

Seen them 9 or 10 times, they are awesome!!! Saw them sober, tripping on acid, stoned out of my mind and each experience was incredible! I'm in LOVE Rush, I have every album. I saw them 1st row at MSG in NY 2007, that was SWEET! I love Analog kid, Digital Man, Fountain of Lamneth, Subdivisions, Xanadu....etc.

17. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Top 10 Rush Songs

1. Spirit of the Radio
    2. Working Man
    3. Limelight
    4. Red Barchetta
    5. By Tor and the Snow Dog
    6. Freewill
    7. Subdivisions
    8. The Analog Kid
    9. Animate
    10. Dreamline

18. Fairlight

Fairlight Banned

I like some early to mid period Rush but I heard their most recent album at a friends house and it really sounded miserable to be honest...They're kind of cool though because they are influenced by sci-fi...But they always had this kind of geeky nerdy following that was never quite cool...So maybe there are a lot of closet Rush fans out there??? ( I say this because in England Rush were often ridiculed in the "cool" music press...If you said you like Rush in some circles of people you would get funny looks.) Recently they have garnered more critical acclaim for what they have done over the years and are now strangely kind of cool...That guy from the Manic Street Preachers called them the "Biggest Cult Band In The World"...So yeah...They were obviously heavily influenced by Led Zeppelin...And I know that Jimmy Paige and Robert Plant were Rush fans at some point so that is no faint praise...I just wish they'd experiment a bit more...My fave Rush song has to be "Spirit of Radio"...That always brings a smile to my face.

19. zombiewolf

zombiewolf Senior Member

Not one single tune from "2112"???
    I'm very disappointed in you Guerilla...:toetap05:

I grew up with the three-piece, no-synth pre-"farewell to kings" Rush...
    my interest in them waned over the years, But I gotta tell you, I saw a show from the '79 tour and Spirit of radio, Subdivisions, La villa Strangiato...absolutely electrifying!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78D00dYOBrM"]Rush - La Villa Strangiato at Pinkpop 1979 - YouTube

ZW :p

20. Manservant Hecubus

Manservant Hecubus Master of Funk and Evil

Just got back from the show in TO.
    Good times.