Rush

Discussion in 'Progressive Rock' started by Chaseman80, Mar 29, 2007.

1. Chaseman80

Chaseman80 Member

like em?

I personally love them and their creativity. They sound alot like Yes and are great musicians.

Im preety mad Because they arent coming to Nashville on their next tour.

1 person likes this.
  2. Maryslittlebrat

Maryslittlebrat Member

Took me 25 years to even like them now one of my fav bands
    the talent in each member is better than that combined in most others
    and thge drum solos!!!! :)
    ever listen to their first album? it's just awful but the guitars are incredible

peace

3. Super-Bassist190

Super-Bassist190 Member

Rush rules. I find their recent albums a little lacking of that Rush quality, though. Still incredible musicians and creators...Very inspiring.

4. Nitrusx

Nitrusx Banned

Not my fav. band but they do have talent.

5. coffeman

coffeman Member

Probably won't be in Nashville due to Starwood closing...but between Starwood and back in the day at Municipal they've played Nashville 15 or 20 times. I think they even played Murphy Center at MTSU one year. Go see them in Atlanta or wherever.

It does suck about starwood.

6. cjpa

cjpa Member

RUSH is amazing!!! I really didn't get into them until their R30 tour but I am hooked and awaiting the tour and album. Tickets for 3 shows already and hoping to see 2 more besides. I heard a bit of Snakes and Arroes... I have to say it is different then what I ahve heard from them lyric wise but the music... AMAZING!!!

Nice to see there are others here that enjoy them. :)

7. GratefulFloyd

GratefulFloyd Nowhere to fly to

They're good... but never really caught my attention too much. They're no Yes, in my opinion.

8. Tommy1The1Cat

Tommy1The1Cat Senior Member

if u have ever seen them on one of their 70's live concert dvds when they play xanadu live is absolutly amazing

9. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Rush has some great songs, but as a whole, their music tends to get on my nerves.

10. essenceofweez

essenceofweez Member

Wow, it's 33 years after they formed... And they just made an album that is my favorite: Snakes and Arrows. Is that impressive or what? It was Hold Your Fire, but Snakes and Arrows is better for me. Just awesome. :)

11. steve-peace

steve-peace Member

i cant say that they are my fav band, but then again i cant decide which is my fav. but i love them definitly the best canadian band. COMING TO OTTAWA SEPTEMBER 21 SO EXCITED IM GOING:) :) :)

12. trekker

trekker Intrepid Traveler

Someone want to buy me a ticket? :) They're playing Madison Square Garden in the Fall.

13. .love.in.her.eyes.

.love.in.her.eyes. Member

rush is so good and im from canada and i live in that same town where neil peart lives , and i saw them in toronto on there snakes and arrows tour this past september .... the rush song rivendell is soo beautiful

14. stev90

stev90 Banned

15. zillagod

zillagod Member

I liked Rush back in the 70's and possibly early 80's, but they changed and went to more radio friendly music, in other words, they caved and gave in and sold out. Songs such as By-Tor, Working Man, In the Mood, the entire 2112 epic, all killer stuff, but their music from the mid 80's onward just doesnt compare to their music before that.

16. TheSongRemainsTheSam

TheSongRemainsTheSam Member

Rush is definetly one of my favorite bands!

A few of my favorites are, By-Tor and the Snowdog, La Villa Strangiato, Distant Early Warning, Leave that thing alone, Wheres my Thing?, One Little Victory...I could go on for hours!

17. steve-peace

steve-peace Member

you have to get Rush In Rio..amazing, its a croud of i think they said 60 000 and they all chant the songs played. Even in YYZ they chant the notes

18. TheSongRemainsTheSam

TheSongRemainsTheSam Member

YYZ is incredible at that show.

Earthshine is a gem as well, because the solo is a lot more vivid, and funkier then the studio mix.

Another one I loved was By-Tor that was a real treat.

My favorite though was Leave that Thing Alone, that bass solo/jam is one of the greatest things I've heard come out of that instrument.

19. Celtic Hippie

Celtic Hippie Member

I like Rush. Quite good riffs.
    Peace & Love

20. zombiewolf

zombiewolf Senior Member

I saw one of these shows! Can't remember the year, but it was in Denver and they were on the "Farewell to kings " tour.
    Their performance of "Xanadu" was a bit tentative, Geddy, with his new footpedal synth triggering and Pert struggling with the pulse sync. It was still quite awesome, 'specialy for me, cause I was playing lead guitar for a band that performed the entire 2112
    side, three nites a week at the local dives. And believe it or not, we actually had the drummer to pull it off! (Tony, I miss you man!) Of all the Rush we played, the song I looked forward to playing lead solos the most was "Train to Bangkok".:cool: