Flouride

Discussion in 'Conspiracy' started by Isil, Mar 26, 2007.

1. minkajane

minkajane Member

I just found out about this last year. My son and I use non-fluoridated toothpaste and drink bottled water. When I saw the dentist a few months ago, she didn't recommend a fluoride treatment, but I wouldn't refused it if she had. My son is barely 2 and they don't start recommending fluoride until 2, so I haven't had any hassle for him yet. We'll see how his dental visit goes this year.

Did you know that there is now fluoridated bottled water for infant formula now? Just one more reason I'm glad my son was breastfed! Those poor kids will have fluorosis before their first birthdays.

I found out about my city's fluoridated water by emailing the city office that handles city water. I don't remember what it was called off the top of my head. If you go to your city's website, there should be links to all their different departments with contact points.

2. spooner

spooner is done.

Even if the Vancouver-Toronto comparison had valid statistical data backing it up, it wouldn't be a valid suvey. There are other huge differences between the cities.

3. Nalencer

Nalencer Dig Yourself

It is backed up by valid statistical data, and it is a valid survey. And where do you think you're getting by attempting to refute one point while ignoring the rest?

4. spooner

spooner is done.

That an international brain-washing ring run by dentists and water maintenance departments doesn't exist, maybe?

5. Isil

Isil Member

No one ever said it did >.>

And no arguments, people >:O

6. Nalencer

Nalencer Dig Yourself

If you want a debate, stick to the facts. Any moron can twist something around to make it sound ridiculous. But when it comes to actual proof, they're at a loss.

All modern studies link fluoride to serious health risks, as well as lowered mental capacity. Refute that, or don't bother discussing it.

7. Xac

Xac Visitor

Yeah i stopped using tooth paste for awhile, i thought it was the mint making me sick, now i just get flouride(sp?) free toothpaste but water is another matter, the Govt. recently made it legal for bottled water to have it added (why would it be illegal in the first place?)

8. Lady of the Freaks

Lady of the Freaks Senior Member

9. Nalencer

Nalencer Dig Yourself

I try to avoid bottled water most of the time. If I want water, I'll get some from the tap, without fluoride or ozone or any other such bullshit. If I really need something, I'll usually take bottled water over a soft drink, but I always try to drink a brand with no fluoride.

10. Xac

Xac Visitor

Where i live the water out of the tap isn't very good to drink, and comes with fluoride anyway.

11. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Pretty much all tap water isn't good to drink. Even if you're not consuming fluoride, you're still consuming chlorine and whatever else is in the water (heavy metals, bacteria, etc). With the chemtrails, most water supplies around the world are turning up unusual levels of aluminum.

Bottled water is slightly better than tap water, but filtered reverse osmosis water is the best.

12. Xac

Xac Visitor

Explain.

13. broony

broony Banned

We live in a very fucked up world. If the middle of no where. lmao

14. Lucifer Sam

Lucifer Sam Vegetable Man

Funny how no one seems to be thinking about dosages here. Haven't you ever heard of too much of a good thing? Countless medicines that can be helpful in low dosages can be lethal in high dosages--does that make them part of a conspiracy?

It's claimed that fluoride can cause tooth decay. What does that mean? Does that mean that drinking fluoridated water can cause tooth decay? Does that mean that getting fluoride treatments at your dentist's office can cause tooth decay? Does that mean that using toothpaste with fluoride can cause tooth decay? How MUCH fluoride does it take?

From http://www.greenfacts.org/fluoride/fluorides-3/03-exposure.htm#3

"Levels may range up to approximately 2.0 mg/litre; however, in areas of the world in which endemic fluorosis of the skeleton and/or teeth has been well documented, levels of fluoride in drinking-water supplies range from 3 to more than 20 mg/litre. In areas in which drinking-water is fluoridated (i.e., fluoride is intentionally added for the prevention of dental caries), the concentration of fluoride in drinking-water generally ranges from 0.7 to 1.2 mg/litre."

And the survey about Vancouver and Toronto is NOT valid. It's bad logic to say that because people in Toronto have more cavities than people in Vancouver, and Toronto's water system in fluoridated, that the reason must be the fluoride.

Whether or not exposure to regulated levels of fluoride causes "serious health risks," I cannot say... I mean, I've looked into this for a twenty minutes. I'm not going to make up my mind about it just yet. But this I do know: I've gotten fluoride treatments from my dentist twice a year since I was in elementary school, I've consumed fluoridated water, and I've used toothpaste with fluoride... and I've never had a cavity. I have very healthy teeth. And I have none of the other supposed side effects of fluoride.

It's great that you want to make sure that you're not putting harmful substances into your body, but why just accept random, twisted information as fact? Why won't you demand better documentation and explanation, like dosages and frequency of exposure to fluoride?

15. Pressed_Rat

Fluoride doesn't thwart tooth decay, so why would any amount of this poison be good for humans?

I am 26 years old and have also never had a cavity. I have had fluoride treatments as a child, but is that really the reason I've never had a cavity? What about general dental hygiene?

Stop shilling for the establishment already!

16. minkajane

minkajane Member

Not to mention the fact that our bodies do not excrete fluoride like they would most other medications. So the effect of fluoride is cumulative over our lifetimes.

17. Nalencer

Nalencer Dig Yourself

I never said that the reason for the higher amount of cavities in Toronto was definately fluoride. I was pointing out that statistically, in an area where fluoride is used compared with one where it isn't, the results do not favor it. That is valid. And I wish everyone would stop capitalizing words like "NOT". I can read a word without your stupid added emphasis.

18. brainstew

brainstew Member

All bottled water is, is tap water from another county's tap but a lot of them don't have floride.

19. Pressed_Rat

"Fluoridation is the greatest case of scientific fraud of this century."

- Robert Carlton, Ph.D, former EPA scientist, 1992

20. dd3stp233

dd3stp233 -=--=--=-

Bottled waters are highly varible as to their quality, some being worse then tap water. Their quality really isn't something that can be generalized.