Nudity at Home

Discussion in 'Bare It! Nudism and Naturism' started by Xiaoyan, Mar 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xiaoyan

Xiaoyan Member

My family has always been kind of nudist or semi-nudist at home. I personally think that it is beautiful for the family to relax or even work around the house in the nude.

We began to have our reservations about it, and have not been nude as often, when our children began to be adolescents, and especially when our son (who is now 16) would frequently have an erection when he would see his sister (who is now 14) completely nude.

I personally think that we are being a little too prudish, and I honestly think that it is beautiful to see my son or husband walk around the house occasionally with an erection. I was wondering what other people thought of this, and would like to hear some opinions concerning family home nudity. :)

Joe90, Mr. Man, JohnLennon72 and 2 others like this.
  2. Cutted

Cutted Cutted

Probably not a good idea for a 16 year old boy to be nude with other nude family members...There could be incest. He obviously is aroused at the sight of his sister nude.

I like toi be nude sometimes, but not with my children.

3. Kittymoose*

Kittymoose* Member

My mom was always free about walking around nude. It taught me that there is a large difference between simply being naked and comfortable and sexual situations. Nude does not always equate sex. In turn, I'm not ashamed to be naked, even in mixed company. Naked is naked. Sex is sex. And as for the boy, he'll probably grow out of it once his hormones calm down and he realizes that there's a difference. You can't blame the boy really. As long as you know nothing inappropriate is going on, it should be fine, really. Erections can't always be helped. There's always that "no reason boner" as my boyfriend calls them

4. mrpwonder

mrpwonder Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I agree with Kitty....its good for you kids to understand nudity and sex.

Joe90 and joe manusa like this.
  5. horrace

horrace Member

i agree aswell why worry its natural if the yougman or his sisier ,
    isnt ashamed you all should be at ease whith it .

Joe90 likes this.
  6. NudistMike07

NudistMike07 Member

Im not saying incest or anything like that is right or wrong but I dont really think its anybody's business what a family does between other family members like that in their own home. Anyways if a boy gets an erection from seeing his sister like that I doubt her puttin clothes on is gonna change that a whole lot. I think its good and healthy for family members to be nude around each other it helps to solve or ease alot of the problems associated with puberty and adolescence. I wish I couldve been nude and some of my family could have been nude around me when I was going through puberty, probably wouldve helped me alot.

You should be nude more around your children that way they would see you dont have any hangups about your body or being nude and thus they wont have any issues with their body or being nude around others. Its healthy for them and you. If you teach your kids the right kind of values and bring em up right then it dont matter weither youre clothed or nude around them cuz theyll always know right from wrong and know what to do.

Joe90, JohnLennon72 and joe manusa like this.
  7. monosphere

monosphere Holly's Hubby

Question to go along with this topic...

We are frequently nude around the house and have a 10 month old daughter. Recently, she's been a bit cuious about that thing that dangles between daddy's legs. As a result, when she's near, she tries to grab it. While I think it shouldn't be a problem for her to see me nude, how would one go about getting her to keep her hands off while trying to keep her from thinking that it's a "naughty place"? I want my child to have an open mind when it comes to nudity, but I also don't want to condone inappropriate behaviour. That and the last time she tried to grab the family jewels, I was in pain for a short time. Any experiences or suggestions?

8. farmout

farmout All who wander arent lost Lifetime Supporter

Xiaoyan, I don't see a problem with your kids. Erections are uncontrollable for someone your sons age. It wouldn't matter if his sister was visable or not, he would still get an erection and he would not be able to stop it. Just the nature of the beast!
    Good for self esteem too.
    Keep it up, its good for your whole family.
    Peace Farmout

Joe90 and joe manusa like this.
  9. Au Naturel

Au Naturel Member

We are a completely open family. My son is 10 and my daughter is 8. Recently, we went camping and used the family shower in the bath house. We all took a shower at the same time in the same shower. Non of us think any differently about it. My wife and I have been nude around the kids since they were born. I'm sure there will come a day when the comfort level will subside, especially with my kids. But until then, we will continue to be nude around each other.

10. Xiaoyan

Xiaoyan Member

Thanks for all the nice responses!

We' have decided to go ahead and continue our nudist ways like previously did, that it is really the most honest way to be, even though our kids are now past puberty. It is really the most natural and healthy way to do things.

My son still gets occasional, complete erections (which I have to admit excites me just a little bit, even though I try not to let it). I guess what I'm trying to say is that if I was a male, I would have an 'erection' sometimes, too (actually I do have my own kind of 'erection' sometimes, the female kind, but it's just not as visible as the male type :)). So, why discriminate agains the guys when they have theirs? It's just natural and normal, and nothing to worry about. We should just enjoy and appreciate our bodies, and leave it at that!

Joe90, Rogersk411 and joe manusa like this.
  11. Nude_Sun

Nude_Sun Member

i have grown up with my aunt and uncle and they are family nudists ,i been always naked with them and latery when they had my cousin.Being naked natural is something that we all should have to be,no clothes and live in nature,.Through erections is natural again the man to show hes errections accidently while hes with others,its up to his hormones,unlucky for us if we get erected then everyone cann see it unlikely with the women that its quite difficult to understand it immidiatly,there are ocasions ofcours the womans nipple to become very erected (she could have anyway erectd nipples ever if she was not erected)and if you are close enough and the woman likely is smooth at her vagina then you will be able to see her juice between the lips or the reflection shining from the sun on her juice.Sex and nudity are different but they can get a conection too.As you are natural and you see someone that you like to meet or know each other its more easier to have full erecting emotional thoughts about that person.

Joe90, joker69 and joe manusa like this.
  12. Harry_121

Harry_121 Member

you are absolutly right that being nude infront of your boy is not right. specially when he is getting older. and specially when you also have a 14 year old doughter. Because it may creat some social problems in family. But my friend this is a free country and people can do what ever they want....

13. NudistMike07

NudistMike07 Member

So just be nude and when/if any problems arise you just deal with them like any other "clothed" problems you might have. If parents are not prepared to handle these problems then maybe they shouldnt be parents, because parents should be capable of handling any problems that come up with their children in a mature age appropriate way. Just wearing clothes doesnt solve the problem its just a cheap way around it.

Joe90 likes this.
  14. Nude_Sun

Nude_Sun Member

well said nudistmike

Joe90 likes this.
  15. NudistMike07

NudistMike07 Member

thanks, i just think parents ought to be parents and not run from their problems.

Joe90 likes this.
  16. Healthy nudist

Healthy nudist Member

Well my family hated my nudist so i wanted to become one myself, so i enjoyed it through out alone in the house, and i was making tantrums too.

But it was awesome and free.

So i do indipendent nudity.

This summer is great i can wish to crease my clothes and be sure to be naked in my entire life. ^^

Staying naked at home was comfy for me but not when my parents arrive because they tolerated nudity was wrong.

Joe90 and joker69 like this.
  17. Br1ngMeJ3lly

Br1ngMeJ3lly Member

I live with my parents still and my father walks naked through the house every single day. Personally I h8 it. Here is this man who stands 5'10" tall, who has a beer belly and huge feet. How is it ok for me to be stood in the same vicinity as what i have just mentioned?

Lol it isnt ok!

I know I may step on a toe or two here but what can i say? The site of a big naked man is simply not what i wish to see (especially in a confined space) at any point during the day, let alone as i stomp down the stairs towards the kettle with a bad-ass hangover.

Sigh* im just saying for my own, personal taste, i would rather my father wore his clothes as a show of respect. Anyone want to tell me off now? Or better-yet back me up plx =p

18. smoothnudists

smoothnudists Member

Thats very beautiful if your familyan be that open,nudity and sex are nt connected,teen age boys do get arrounsed at anything and often masturbate whilst thinking about their sisters or mom nude. Its a teen.
    Personally i think there is nothing wrong with that he will get over it, he may display arrousals but would never touch her and thats the difference.
    When i was young my mother always would see me aroused for whatever reason.
    Mothers are great,she was the one who showed me to masturbate when i was arroused and sat with me while i did it and talked me through what i should feel,i would have to tell her what my thoughts were whilst masturbating.then we would talk about what i felt and why,it was very helpful and made me open t omasturbate at home whenever i felt the need,at any time if my mom or sister was around,and they did the same.NEVER did we touch each at all though.So i think you and your family are great for this acheivent and sure it will take all his inhibitins away when he is older

Joe90, Rogersk411 and joe manusa like this.
  19. smoothnudists

smoothnudists Member

Thats very beautiful if your familyan be that open,nudity and sex are nt connected,teen age boys do get arrounsed at anything and often masturbate whilst thinking about their sisters or mom nude. Its a teen.
    Personally i think there is nothing wrong with that he will get over it, he may display arrousals but would never touch her and thats the difference.
    When i was young my mother always would see me aroused for whatever reason.
    Mothers are great,she was the one who showed me to masturbate when i was arroused and sat with me while i did it and talked me through what i should feel,i would have to tell her what my thoughts were whilst masturbating.then we would talk about what i felt and why,it was very helpful and made me open t omasturbate at home whenever i felt the need,at any time if my mom or sister was around,and they did the same.NEVER did we touch each at all though.So i think you and your family are great for this acheivent and sure it will take all his inhibitins away when he is older
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

20. NudistMike07

NudistMike07 Member

Hes your father and youre his son thats all that should matter. Even though he might not necessarily be asthetically pleasing you should still treasure the time you can spend with him because one day it will be gone and it will not come again. People need to learn to accept the sight of the nude body in all forms.

Just dont focus on it as much and think about something more to your likeing.

Requiring him to wear clothes would be disrespectful to him probably more so than him being nude in front of you, would you want to do something like that to your father? He is comfortable being nude and im sure he loves you very much and im sure he respects you a great deal, as his son thats all you should expect from him. He doesnt need to give in to your every whim.

Joe90 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.