Looking for alternative living. (hippie commune)

Discussion in 'Help Wanted' started by firedragon, Mar 11, 2007.

1. firedragon

firedragon Member

Hi there! I am 31 years old and I guess you could say a newly reformed robot. I live in British Columbia Canada right now but would love to get out and expand my horizons. I am looking to meet a great alternative living community that is willing to exchange labour for food and shelter. Hoping to meet new like minded people open to sharing the energy dynamic of their community with fellow seekers. If you belong to or know of such a community please drop me a line.

Peace be in you
    Tyson

2. Brkonthru2daothersid

Brkonthru2daothersid Member

Purple44 and wildmoonflower like this.
  3. Boogabaah

Boogabaah I am not here

4. farmout

farmout All who wander arent lost Lifetime Supporter

Tyson, A great site is: www.ic.org/
    If I messed that up, just google a search for intentional communities. There are lots of sites.
    Happy searching.
    Peace to you.... Farmout :)

5. calico12

calico12 Member

hey Tyson I dont have information to help you, just happy to read your notes. I was just living in Vancouver and recently moved over to the east coast for quite the change. I happen to be looking for the same thing you are and I know we will both be successful in our quest. good luck and maybe our paths will cross.

6. jaren420

jaren420 Member

About fucking time someone else from bc comes up on this forum. if u find a good place around here let me know

7. PachaMama

PachaMama Member

I live in a spiritual commune in Costa Rica called PachaMama. It is great and it attracts people from all over the world (including people from BC). There are some work-exchange possibilities. Check out www.pachamama.com

8. mikelesfreer

mikelesfreer Member

My girlfriend and I are looking for some likeminded individuals to join us in starting a cooperative lifestyle on Vancouver Island. Our Ideal would include those willing to work together, living off the land and providing for ourselves. Contact us if you are interested!

9. Ember1962

Ember1962 Guest

I live on Vancouver Island and have also lived on the Queen Charlotte Islands. WE lived remotely and built our home out of the logging slash. We carted some of our supplies in on our backs, but for the most part, fish and food from the garden were our main source for food. I would definitely interested in doing something like this again.

10. wild-flowers

wild-flowers forever arbitrary

I'm looking for this too, but I live in Ontario Canada :p

11. Dancing_Sun

Dancing_Sun Member

hey im in onatrio canada, i havae no commune, but we have chickens and we grow our own veggies, and herbs. We have a great community , if anyone needs a place to crash or stay for a bit, they are welcome. Also we obviously aren't growing at the moment cuz it's still kinda winter here but soon soon. I am starting to plant seeds. I live with my partner dog, cat and chickens. And our old farm home is welsome to all.:)

12. wild-flowers

wild-flowers forever arbitrary

Where in Ontario Canada? this sounds beautiful.:)

13. jaren420

jaren420 Member

I am 19 and leaving society to go travelling and eventualy settle down in a commune. Im leaving next week to go accross canada first and would love to stay on farms and free communities everywhere i go. And i will definetly trade labour for a place to stay and some food.
    peace and love
    Jaren

14. mikelesfreer

mikelesfreer Member

That sounds so greaat. Here is my E-mail If anyone would like to talk further.

mikelesfreer@hotmail.com

15. yugogypsy

yugogypsy Member

TYSON!

Are you solid at work, hemp friendly and like mini-farming?

Do you have any talents/ hobbies that are saleable for an at home business

If YES, drop me a line. Or leave message here, best to email me though.

I've got a lazy whiner I want to kick out, but will have to replace him. We are an intentional community of 3 so far, in Cobble Hill, still mostly rural here, got a huge garden, an acre of land title clear, so come to us for a while if you like.

I don't know where you are, but I'm on Vancouver Island. Email me for pictures of property

Lois
    lluckovich@shaw.ca

16. yugogypsy

yugogypsy Member

This position is momentarily filled:D I have a person coming Monday. Will re-post if I need someone in future

Lois

17. mackraslo

mackraslo Guest

im looking for the same thing, im also in BC vancouver. mr_ralston@live.ca

18. mackraslo

mackraslo Guest

is the offer still available for another like minded guy to join? mr_ralston@live.ca

19. bikerdruid

bikerdruid Member

20. just me and the dog

just me and the dog Member

Good Luck:mickey: