15 replies to this topic

#1 Balbus

Balbus

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts

Posted January 03 2007 - 05:31 AM

Politics Forum Guidelines (Where they are different than the general forum guidelines)

As often stated this is not a bulletin board it is a place to debate politics.

For that reason cut and pasted articles or links [including video] should be used sparingly and more as a way to highlight a persons viewpoint rather than as a replacement for a persons viewpoint.

People that consistently post articles or links without comment may find their posts removed.

It’s a conspiracy

I enjoy the occasional conspiracy theory they can be fun or thought provoking, but they can also become repetitive, dogmatic and can become more about suppressing political debate and thought than promoting it. Therefore posts about conspiracies may find themselves being transferred to the Conspiracy Forum or deleted.

Misquoting other members can bring a period of time out or could lead to a permanent ban.

Edited by Balbus, March 19 2014 - 04:52 AM.
bring up to date

Posted Image

#2 Shane99X

Shane99X

• PipPipPip
  • 4,130 posts

Posted January 03 2007 - 08:15 AM

Sounds good to me.
Easy rules to follow.

Of course there are always those you have to "buck the system" so to speak.

Call them trolls, spammers, CT's who insist on posting their unfounded ideas in a serious political forum instead of the Conspiracy Forum where they belong.

To all of you i say: shape up!

Or, if you insist on breaking these simple rules and posting your nonsence, do it elsewhere!

Like in 99 Bottles for instance:

99 Bottles
Anti-Politics forum. Promoting Individuality, Community Action, Creativity and Personal Growth

I for one welcome the change of pace and the freshness that this will bring to the Politics forum.

Kudos, Balbus, Kudos! :)

So which style of Debating are we using?
Are there going to be judges?
Is there a link that you could provide outlining the specific rules and procedure you'd like for us to follow?
Are there going to be seperate teams?
Is there a time frame on these debates?
What about a points system?
Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men. Lord Acton

#3 Balbus

Balbus

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts

Posted January 04 2007 - 06:14 AM

LOL a great example of damning with praise from the person that has wanted at least two people permanently banned because he didn’t like their posts.
Posted Image

#4 guy

guy

• PipPipPip
  • 2,140 posts

Posted April 27 2007 - 02:01 AM

you are a cruel master balbus

(shakes fist)

#5 drumminmama

drumminmama

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,040 posts
  • LocationPlanet earth, until I find a bigger playground

Posted September 16 2007 - 06:26 AM

Balbus, I think we should reiterate that only members, people with 100+ posts may post in here.
for those wondering, this board became a spam magnet for one-sided political postings and general attacks by people not contributing any discussion elsewhere on the boards.
have or want long hair?
Colorado Forum

Unless I post MOD NOTE, I'm replying as a member of the community.

#6 Balbus

Balbus

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts

Posted September 17 2007 - 12:37 AM

Thanks Drumminmama

It is worth repeating, although i've been happy to explain to those that pm me asking why they cannot get on.
Posted Image

#7 The Scribe

The Scribe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted September 05 2008 - 04:59 AM

Political threads are my favorites. Unfortunately, they can inspire personal attacks by those who have nothing to back up their opinions but hot air, cliches, and arrogance. Those flame who cannot refute. Posters who are incapable of debating rationally should remain silent in the presence of posters who know what they are talking about. They should keep their silly prejudices and their adolescent vulgarity to themselves. :D:rolleyes::D

#8 Aristartle

Aristartle

Snow Falling on Cedars

• PipPipPip
  • 13,890 posts

Posted September 24 2008 - 08:52 PM

Sorry Scribe. I said "fuck you" in a response to you today. :S

But it wasn't really directed at you actually. I think some vulgarity has its place, especially in a manner of which I felt like I just needed to express myself towards you, but not really attacking you.

Anyway, I think that's probably the most vulgarity you will see from me in these forums. I don't mean any disrespect at all by it. It's just street talk, s'all.
Quand les temps auront changés, qu'on sera complètement démodés
Quand toutes les bombes auront sautées, que la paix sera la pour rester
Quand sans boussoles sans plan, au partira au gré du vent
Quand on levera les voiles devenues de la poussières d'étoiles

On va s'aimer encore, au travers des doutes, des travers de la route et de plus en plus fort
On va s'aimer encore, au travers des bons coups, au travers des déboires, de la vie à la mort
On va s'aimer encore

#9 Balbus

Balbus

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,969 posts

Posted October 27 2008 - 04:08 AM

A member’s name may not be used in the title of a thread in the political forums.

Any thread posted after 27/10/08 mentioning a member in the title will be closed.

Posted Image

#10 Aristartle

Aristartle

Snow Falling on Cedars

• PipPipPip
  • 13,890 posts

Posted March 25 2009 - 10:51 PM

I'd like to re-iterate the basic Forum Guidelines:

http://www.hipforums...mguidelines.htm
Quand les temps auront changés, qu'on sera complètement démodés
Quand toutes les bombes auront sautées, que la paix sera la pour rester
Quand sans boussoles sans plan, au partira au gré du vent
Quand on levera les voiles devenues de la poussières d'étoiles

On va s'aimer encore, au travers des doutes, des travers de la route et de plus en plus fort
On va s'aimer encore, au travers des bons coups, au travers des déboires, de la vie à la mort
On va s'aimer encore

Click to shop at FS Books