Legitimite Gurus

Discussion in 'Gurus' started by jnanic, Nov 27, 2006.

1. xexon

xexon Destroyer Of Worlds

As fate would have it, I'm downloading his "Let's Dance" album as I write. :)

He lives in NYC now. And is far less interesting than he used to be.

x

2. edenfield

edenfield Member

I prefer people to guru's for self knowledge anyday...I can't react to a guru...so they don't teach me anything

3. xexon

Guru can be anything that teaches you. But as you progress, a real guru will take notice of you.

They come around and pick the ripes apples. No problemo.

So get as much light as you can.

x

4. edenfield

edenfield Member

i don't need to be picked i need to be planted..[​IMG]

5. xexon

The fact that we're having this conversation means you already are.

Worldly people don't ask the right kind of questions. You do.

x

6. edenfield

edenfield Member

hey obi wan,,,i like the anthony de mello man though,,,he maketh me laff...makes me see the nonsense in my nonsense

7. Bhaskar

Bhaskar Members

The legitimate guru us the person you meet when you become a legitimate disciple. Until then even if you were to meet Christ or the Buddha, you would not gel with them.

8. AK Bones

AK Bones Member

That statement shows youth or ignorance. Maybe both. You may be amazed at what is outside your experience in this world.

9. zombiewolf

zombiewolf Senior Member

uhh, word up bones old bean, this thread is like 3 years deceased. pretty sure repro-bate ain't been around for a while..just sayin'

10. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

re "gurus"...I think as we sincerely seek (and probably need) a teacher, we will be sent/given one. I would in no way call that a guru; nor would I ever ascribe to any such ridiculousness. Reading Edgar Cayce's writings would be about as close to even listening to a guru-type figure as I'd ever get...but I wouldn't consider Cayce a guru.

I think Jesus would not want to be called any such thing as a guru!

I've known ppl that were all into listening to and going right along with the latest conspiracy theory and "THE" guru that would help 'em on out. lol These same ppl would have "sense" otherwise; but, I usually saw them differently, to tell the truth.

11. Mason Grey

Mason Grey Member

:2thumbsup:

12. chrisdotdo

chrisdotdo Member

As long as your "awareness" is intact, you are never free. You may be comfortable, but comfort is not freedom. The only true freedom is for your "awareness" to be erased, deleted..., and then, "God Mode" will take over. You become God, Itself, but alone in a vast void, and unaware of anything outside of Your One-ness. God is one, after all, not a committee. It can afford to love because It has no baggage. It has nothing to worry about. God is totally clueless about you and I and the rest of universe. But, who wants to be alone, in a void? And for what? What price freedom? What a person will get when the merging takes place is nothing, "no thing." There's no trophy. It's really quite simple. But, who wants absolute simplicity? Btw, cognitive thinking is not the same as "awareness." "Awareness" is our essence. "I am; therefore, I exist, but separate from the One."

13. Chodpa

Chodpa Senior Member

Only real guru I know is Amritananda from devipuram. If you have the wherewithslll to study Sri Vidya then it's the supreme system.

14. Mindman

Mindman Guest

Yogeesh Acharya Shree. He has many videos on youtube which I watch regularly. A couple weeks ago I went to his Spiritual Retreat in Windom Texas and I do believe he is legit.

15. loveincarnate

loveincarnate Member

Your points are right-on, I know theres more, but cant think of list additions now. Im posting to add that Buddha, Jesus, Etc, very likely taught that all ppl can tap-into divine connect.

In which case the guru, leading by example, is showing that everyone can have followers, servents, sex-slaves, leadership role, live for fee, sell memes, etc.

I had [some] followers once, and didnt like it that much, rather than taking advantage of their admiration for me and submission to me, I felt 'responsible' for their welfare. I sometimes regret this. I experienced the burden of leadership rather than the carefree joy.

Im less judgmental of gurus now. If they never have to work, be loney, or feel responsible, thats OK, and if people support that its OK too.

Ive thought cant parents our teach us the values needed for a fulfilling life ?
    They are the evolutionary path that creation has chosen to create us.
    Ive know many ppl with bad parents though, perhaps gurus exist for them.

I think its part of creation. The single-celled organism from which life evolves.
    Everything came from the one. A single celled lifeform would be aware of nothing else.
    And would be the father life-form to a myriad of variations/adaptations. You want void when awareness of 8 billion other crowding sardines in your can with all their bagage gets to be too much.

In this case it becomes the gurus responsibility to teach what is expected of the perfect disciple. If willingness to learn is not enough, let the guru teach. Your words sound teaching so I will ask you ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Here you have placed yourself in the master's shoes by posting a teaching.

16. Raaju

Raaju Guest

Namaste,

I believe in the time of Krishna and Shiva, there were people who expected these same credentials from them. But it's just not recorded. Daksha and his entire kingdom was against Shiva and his practices. Many found Krishna to be too much including Shisupala Krishna's own cousin.

But, Gurus who teach meditation and yoga, are giving practical solutions for daily living.

Addressing your credentials: Actually there isn't much to say in spirituality, but there are so many different types of people who connect in different ways to spirituality, therefore though the gurus are saying the one thing only, at least that is their experience, and they are learning how to approach different people with their profound spiritual understanding and experience.

The only way to know their legitimate is approaching them and seeing how to live, this was how people recognized Ramana Maharishi, they saw how he lived and saw him as a realized one. So I suggest you don't judge, go to the guru to get what you need, otherwise leave them alone.