The crafters for the holidays thread (barter?)

Discussion in 'Holiday Crafts' started by drumminmama, Nov 12, 2006.

1. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

OK,
    post what you do, what you are looking for and if you trade.
    PLEASE no pics, just tell us to look in your gallery (which is a button on EVERY post)
    Also, order deadlines for shipping, custom pieces, etc.

I'll get back and see if I have print worthy photos this year.

I know Tree is looking for pottery...

2. hummblebee

hummblebee hipstertist.

I'm wanting some heady batik t-shirts. I can trade glass art and/or patchwork. Let me know if anyone does batiks - I've been on the lookout for a while! :) Great idea drumminmama! :D

3. merrijayne4

merrijayne4 Member

I am looking for someone to knit up a electric/royal blue scarf. I do very intricate bead work, and also sew.

4. sarahstar

sarahstar Member

i do soaps, candles, and lip balms right now. i also sew, knit, and crochet.

i can knit your scarf up for you if you want to set up a trade, merrijayne.

i'm looking for unique stuff that's maybe small enough to stick into gift baskets.

5. drumminmama

keep it coming guys.
    I do original performance painting, usual value $200 plus shipping (close to a bill, so my cash investment would be shipping.)
    I also have a Bobby photo (see gallery) that I can print at 20 inches in one dimension (I forget the other side's size.)
    Some rock art/ petroglyphs photos and art inspited by them & the SCI song Little Hands.
    looking for????? open to ideas. have two young neices to shop for, age three and one born in May.

6. sarahstar

sarahstar Member

merri, i got your pm, just let me know as soon as you get pics :)

anyone do glass?

7. hummblebee

hummblebee hipstertist.

I do! :) You can see some of my stuff at http://hummblebee.com. If I get around to getting pics, I might post some new stuff later today....

Edit: Just posted some new pendants on the "For sale or trade" forum if anyone's interested in checking 'em out!

8. tree

tree Member

i'm looking for pottery and stained glass, possibly t-shirts for the hubby.
    i do mainly beadweaving/crochet check mystuff at www.enchantedtree.com i'm trying to clearance everything out right now, so if you see something you like feel free to make an offer. i want to get rid of everything and start fresh next year!

Hubby is a glass artist www.tiemeyerglass.com he's does mainly wholesale, but has been putting stuff up on ebay and i think still has a few items for sale on his page. He's been making holiday ornaments for sale and has a few at www.sbauction.com

Hummblebee, gorgeous stuff!! i enjoyed your site! This isn't Batik, but looks similar. The artist is a super sweet mama and her work is amazing. Check her out! http://www.yeahyeah31.com/

There was a really great batik artist at Floydfest, but now i can't find her site. i'll post it if i can find it!

9. drumminmama

Eric Maiorana does some nice, simple production batik pieces
    http://peaktopeakbatiks.com/products.php?cid=1&subc=7

I have four or five shirts that I know are his, and one I suspect is either an early one of his or a students' and the dye holds very well, although you will get that mottled effect even hand washing.

I think his work is DEFINITELY a mini factory, but his quality is far better than say, HI-HO, who did Keller Williams' shirts for years. They bled dye hard and fast for a dozen washes, leaving a closer to pastel shirt than the close to jewel tone one bought.

10. hummblebee

hummblebee hipstertist.

Thanks for that, dm! I like his stuff, wrote him the other day, and now I'm just waiting to hear back... :D

11. drumminmama

do treat it like a lot dye the first coouple washes. I don't notice resettle of dye on the batiks, but I recall dye in the water when I 'd wash.
    (since the majority of my wardrobe was dyes, I was always over careful.)