Protest abuses in Abu Ghraib

Discussion in 'Politics' started by peaceout, May 13, 2004.

1. peaceout

peaceout Member

By now you have seen the horrible pictures of torture in Abu Ghraib. ALso you have probably heard Gen. Taguba's report that other abuses, incluing rape, were conducted at that prison. Yet Senator Inhofe says he is not outraged at this, but at the people who published the photographs! Sign a petition telling him you are outraged at these abuses. Go to http://palpac.org/petition.htm

2. LickHERish

LickHERish Senior Member

We have no end of twisted jingoistic career politicians who have become so jaded by beltway politics they care nothing for the degradation we cause around the globe.

End career politics and restore the original vision of our founding fathers for a fully transparent and accountable Washington.

3. booshnoogs

booshnoogs loves you

Signed, thanks :)

End career politics and restore the original vision of our founding fathers for a fully transparent and accountable Washington.

Truer words were never spoken.

4. Jozak

Jozak Member

The soilders who did it certainly should be DISHONERABLY DISCHARGED, however, I wouldn't call what happened there, "torture" at least with the photos given. Ask a Vietnam POW what torture is and you will see my point.

5. dotadave

dotadave Member

Well, he does have a point. If the US had never gotten busted commiting these attrocities we wouldn't be in as bad a place as we are now. :/

6. trippymcnugget

trippymcnugget Member

Ok, what the fuck... why the fuck do you need to protest every god damn thing??

It's being handled pussys. They don't need to be told your upset about it.

7. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

we protest to show the gov't that we the people are outraged. if we the people never voiced our opinions on anything, that is either good or bad, then it wouldn't be a democracy. if we the people don't stand up to what is wrong, then the gov't won't do anything to correct the problem. It took months before the public heard anything about the abuses and the Red Cross told the US gov't that the abuses were going on, but we still didn't hear anything for months. It was only when the public heard about what was going on that they started to react to the abuses. That is exactly why we protest everything.

8. riptiderevolucion

riptiderevolucion Member

It boggles my mind that this kind of stuff shocks anybody. You'd have to be a total moron to think we wouldn't abuse POW's.

Why aren't the media and American public shocked and appalled over the fact that we bombed the fuck out of two countries in the past few years? It's OK to drop MOAB's on whole divisions of Iraqi soldiers, but it's not OK to bend a few Iraqis over in prison and take snapshots of U.S. soldiers making fun of them? As usual, our priorities are totally screwed up.

9. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

well, yeah, with the photos given, thats not exactly "torture", but the fact of the matter is, there are even worse photos out there which the government wont allow the media to show. Rumsfield has even stated this.

10. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

uhh, I think the majority of people who are irate about the whole iraqi prisoner humiliation deal are the same people who are irate about bombing iraq in the first place.

11. trippymcnugget

trippymcnugget Member

I'm all for protesting I guess... but this isn't all that big of a deal.

12. razm

razm Member

That's right, hate America, the United States, for everything it stands for, you poor, poor leftists can't even see through the blind that blinds you. I think I've raised enough hell for one evening.