drinking...what are you feelings of it?

Discussion in 'Potent Potables' started by veroness, Oct 8, 2006.

1. CherokeeMist

CherokeeMist Senior Member

mannnnn i am fucking drunk as hell off of about 750 ml of wine.

That is, my friend and i split two bottles of 750ml wine (about 13%), so that's one bottle of wine each. god damn i'm drunk.

i don't like alcohol. it makes me too loose and i don't give a shit. hell, i tried some gay shit while drunk (friend sucked my dick). but in all honesty i know what i did, and i know what decision i made.

it's not cool though. don't get too drunk and do shit you don't want to do. i stopped before i finished because i know i'm not gay now (YES, i've tried it and it's not my thing). i don't regret ever trying ANYTHING, i'd regret "not trying" more. but i WOULD regret if i let it do on longer than i was comfortable. and i didn't, so i guess it's all good.

so whatever. just don't drink a bottle of wine yourself. it will do weird shit to your head. but don't listen to me because i'm drunk out of my mind. alcohol is just numbing.

the feeling i get from psychedelics... damn... it's so pure and alive. alcohol just makes me numb and stupid.

i feel such pure life and energy from psychedelics. they're the way to go, at least for me.

2. monterrey_purple

monterrey_purple Member

I drink nearly everyday, beer.

3. moomooman

moomooman Member

i hate that i love alcohol, and love to hate it. alcohol is, the best. i live on it, i-you know. its just, my life, right now. i live on alcohol.

4. AerialReaver

AerialReaver Member

I love to drink too, mostly beer, but I find when I do drink, I'm usually the first one to pass out, it sucks. I think I just need to slow down a bit, like when I'm drinkin 3 beers to everyones 1, sayin "theres holes in the bottom of these bottles!" LOL

5. Gratefully Dead

Gratefully Dead Member

I like to drink alot. Too much. I like drinking too much and i like to drink too much drink.

I drank almost a whole bottle of rum sunday night :(

I cracked it and filled up my 5.5 ounce flask for a stash for later, killed the rest of the bottle (750 ml) standard, and drank about half the flask in a couple hours.

I dont ever get hungover in the sense of pounding headaches and what not, but the next day i could barely eat anything. Even today, the second day after, i cant eat much. My liver kind of hurts too, at least i think thats what it is. I dont hurt bad, but it feels weird and sort of does. It was mostly yesterday, but in the last few hours it started again, maybe cause i finished the flask and had some wine. Fuck im a dumbass. I just need to learn to drink in moderation, cause i doubt ill stop anytime soon.

Has that liver thing happened to anyone? I really doubt ive been drinking enough for long enough to have liver damage, but fuck, i really hope it goes back to normal.

6. moomooman

moomooman Member

you shoulda went with clear liquor. brown liquors have a lot of impurities in them, thats where the flavor comes from, and sometimes have other alcohols in them. clear liquor is a less likely chance for a hangover. i usually only get hangovers where i'll just be slightly tired the next day, nothing too bad. and about that liver thing, it could just be a stomach ache. ive hung out with people who get that and automatically assume its their liver too because alcohol is mostly associated with liver damage. but hey, it could also just be an ulcer forming!

7. shay16

shay16 Member

Drunk people are annoying when im sober so i drink when other people do.Have had some good times but if you really dont feel comfortable dont do it.

8. pedaltopedal

pedaltopedal Member

I've thought my liver was hurting once or twice after some really heavy drinking, though, I cannot be sure it was my liver. I've had my kidneys feel soar and swollen after heavy drinking, though, and the times that happened, I made sure to stay away from alcohol for awhile in hopes any damage would heal.

Nowadays I dont drink heavily anymore. Just a couple beers or a glass or two of wine every once in awhile.

I love alcohol.

9. Gratefully Dead

Gratefully Dead Member

Yeah about 6 months ago or some i puked up some blood a couple times, and my stomach sort of hurt. I took a break for two months (not really related or my choice) but i started drinking again and i never had blood but it started to hurt again, so i stopped drinking 40s and other shitty alcohol and only drank decent or good stuff and it went away. But drinking so much could have bring it back a bit, if i had anything to bein with.

10. Gratefully Dead

Gratefully Dead Member

Yeah i havent drank except for a few glasses of wine since then and its been almost a week and i can tell its getting better.

11. etkearne

etkearne Resident Pharmacologist

I don't drink much anymore due to health reasons and finding other drugs more interesting. If I am at the bar, I usually just take amphetamine pills, ie Adderall, on a regular basis. Low doses of common opioids are fun too. I try to buy something to eat to make up for the fact that I am drinking soda and not 6 dollar beers. It always works out, and, you know what? Sometimes I actually get in the mood for more than one drink an d will indulge. Rare, but fun when it happens to surprise people who know I am popping pills in the corner haha.

12. Skizm

Skizm Member

I used to drink far too much, get wasted, and make a fool of myself. Then I found better substances to get messed up on. Now I'll have a few drinks at a party, enough to loosen up the tongue. Anything beyond that isn't really appealing to me.

Although getting blitzed with my friends now and again is a blast.

13. Bonobo

Bonobo Member

It's all about mind set and environmental setting, like drugs. Drinking can be fun sometimes, and lame others.

14. L.ifes S.ubliminal D.ream

L.ifes S.ubliminal D.ream Member

How could you NOT like drinking? Its the easiest escape from reality, haha :D im drinking a beer right now and its 2:37 in the afternoon. Nothing like a cold beer after a long day of school.

15. Xlear

Xlear Member

I enjoy me booze....but I'm just as comfy in all situations if I choose to abstain.
    Maybe you need more practice young lassie!!! *wink*

16. AK Bones

AK Bones Member

Alcohol has always affected me like a depressant or poison in my system. I have always kind of envied those that could just get drunk and have a blast with it. I guess in the long run I have saved my liver a lot of trouble. But I do feel that I have missed a lot of the social camaraderie and fun you can have getting drunk with the gang.

17. etkearne

Well, it has been about 4 months since I last posted in this thread, and I think my update will provide some insight to the question.

I had to quit drinking 4 months ago because I voluntarily went on Suboxone, which I simply did not want to mix with ANY alcohol. It is just too damned dangerous. So now, 4 months having not drank a sip, I can reflect on my "feelings" about drinking.

I can start by saying that I do not miss it at all. The only thing I miss about it is the sense of camaraderie that I felt when drinking as a group with friends, or even just other sports fans at the bar. It lent to a sense of unity. However, that does not have to do with the drug alcohol, but just the fact that more than one person doing the same drug together is always fun!

So, as for the negatives of drinking that I am glad I don't deal with anymore are:

i. No worries about DUI's (although I am cautious about driving right after taking my Suboxone as it could still get you in trouble).
    ii. No hangovers- even if I am up late with friends, I can get a great night's sleep and wake up fine.
    iii. Money- I used to spend about $60.00 a month on alcohol (and I was anything but an alcoholic), so that money can now be used for more enriching things like gas for road-trips or things for my jazz band.
    iv. Embarrassment- I used to deny that I could act like a buffoon while drunk, but even looking at old pics of myself drunk, I could tell that I was probably an annoying idiot. Now I can regulate my behavior.

So, yeah, there are real benefits to not drinking. Of course, I am working on the whole predicate that I am taking another drug: Suboxone to "ease my mental anguish." For those of you who, like me, are prone to depressive episodes and need an "escape", I would not recommend quitting drinking, as it is less addictive than some other drugs (only a very few). You might want to try going to a bar after smoking a little Cannabis (I hate pot, but I know others like it- and it is relatively safe) or taking a mild stimulant (not amphetamine!) beforehand.

Those are just my reflections on an objective experience with and without alcohol in my life.

18. antihippie

antihippie Member

I learned a long time ago: I drink alone. Drinking with others or drinking in a public place can only lead to trouble. I have trained my drunk self to be absolutely quiet and say or do nothing on the rare occasion I am smashed and have to venture outside. I have been passing out, blind, just drank a whole bottle of whiskey drunk and managed to go to the store and back with no sweat at all. It is kind of remarkable but I always yell at myself afterwards for venturing out into traffic and shit.

I have problems with anxiety so a drink now and again really lets me relax though I wish I could give it up and be on nothing but green tea and meditation.

19. etkearne

A weird thing has happened to me lately. Like I mentioned, I had to quit drinking in December of 2010, so it has been like 6 months w/o a sip of booze.

After like 4 months in to the whole thing, I noticed that my other friends, who used to get smashed around me, stopped drinking almost entirely! It is really strange. In a way, I feel terrible, as if they are restricting themselves from drinking becaue they don't want to look like they are having 'all of the fun' while I am not drinking.

But, that isn't it. It isn't as if I am sober when I party with my friends now. I generally do at least 4 10mg Ritalin (Methylphenidate) tablets intranasally, or even take extra Suboxone. So, they know I am having fun! It really seems as though they have simply grown out of alcohol from having to be "forced" to not drink around me (even though I ALWAYS keep beer in my fridge and ALWAYS offer it). The one friend now smokes pot pretty regularly and stopped drinking. The other guy just is either sober or takes a Ritalin or two with me and is fine with that (he doesn't get really high like I do).

It is as if our entire social dynamic has changed since I had to stop drinking! Weird.

20. Stacey.

Stacey. Member

Being drunk is a crazy but amazing feeling all in one. It's great overall though :D