crafters, where do you have the most success?

Discussion in 'Hip Business Network' started by cerridwen, Oct 4, 2006.

1. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

I know a lot of crafters in this forum who sell their wares... between ebay, etsy, flea markets and whatever else, where do you find yourself having the most success?

2. tiedyejudy

tiedyejudy Member

I would have to say at craft fairs. People are usually there to browse, but since I am almost always the only tie-dye crafter there, I have little competition. I have had very little in the way of internet sales, per se, but it does help me to at least display my work. And to date, I have not tried e-bay, etsy, etc.

Judy

3. Dimensionality

Dimensionality Member

:p My hubby has a sandwich shop and I do a lot of my biz in the parking lot, but, actually I make more money just by people watching me and asking for something particular. Sometimes they have a piece of old furniture they want to do something with. They give me a general idea of their taste and I go to work on it. Mostly funk art but I do try to stick to certain styles for my customers. I use mostly what other people are throwing out for my own work so I'm helping the environment at the same time. :D

4. sm0key42o8

sm0key42o8 Senior Member

friends and people at work, but we really have not tried much else

5. Brkonthru2daothersid

Brkonthru2daothersid Member

I think thats great that you reuse what others would consider "junk" I do the same thing:) Glad to see Im not the only person out there that thinks one mans junk can be another mans treasure. Plus stuff out of the ordinary is always cool to me lol not somethin u can just go buy at Walfarts.