Mugwort

Discussion in 'Exotic Psychedelic Plants' started by xflowerchildx, Sep 11, 2006.

1. xflowerchildx

xflowerchildx Guest

Has anyone else smoked mugwort?

2. dd3stp233

dd3stp233 -=--=--=-

Never smoked it but made tea and beer out of it. Love the smell of its flowers.

3. 2cesarewild

2cesarewild I'm an idiot.

Wow, two amazing threads from the same poster.

4. bamboo

bamboo Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I haven't smoked it (yet) but I have some growing. I bought the plants earlier this summer and they have done well. they are in flower right now.

5. trippedelia

trippedelia wow

mugworts a dream potentiator right? my mate gave my a shitload of all dif legal herbs, last night i smoked about 30 cones of it cos, well, just to be smart, but i cant really remember any good dream or anything. woo.

6. uplink

uplink Member

Hell yeah, I've smoked buttloads of that stuff. Doesn't do anything spectacular, but it's a hell of a lot of fun to smoke. I'm not sure if I believe the whole dream thing.

Mugwort supposedly contains thujone so i guess it is psychoactive, but I really haven't felt anything from it. However, it is by far the most fun to smoke of any herb I've tried (discounting the effects of the herbs).

7. trippedelia

trippedelia wow

i thought it was wormwood that contains thujone? btw i dont know if im right.

8. bamboo

bamboo Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

there are a number of plants that contain thujone.

9. uplink

uplink Member

Wormwood and Mugwort both contain thujone and are used in making absinthe. I've recently done more reserach on thujone, apparently it doesn't work so hot on it's own. Absinthe works because thujone and ethanol both bind to the same receptor in the brain and have opposite effects (so they counteract each other). This is why it is essential to follow a recipe when making absinthe so you have equal ammounts of both.

P.S. Wormwood contains a lot more thujone than Mugwort.

P.P.S. I guess this post is on a tad bit of a tangent, but I'll post it anyways.

10. Gormur

Gormur Member

I bought fresh leaves of mugwort today, and just smoked two large bowls of it. So far, I only feel a bit tired and euphoric or dreamy..with a bit of a tingling feeling in my legs (kinda weird). I guess that means it's working...

Whoever says it's a psychoactive drug (like thujone) is likely a company trying to appeal to recreational drug users, and to make money.

Kola nut is more of a psychoactive drug than thujone, and it's a stimulant...
    I only chewed one nut and I was bouncing around, feeling energetic and relaxed, for about 8 hours afterwards!

11. Chill Hippo

Chill Hippo Member

My friends smoked a joint of it and had lucid dreams.

12. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

mugwprts good stuff smoked it many tomes made teas. used it in pillows...even just havin it grow around u helps dreams

1 person likes this.
  13. Colimon

Colimon Cheesus Christo

I've tried a small ammount of it with a friend and it made me feel mildly sedated and gave me this really strange feeling all over. I can't really explain it though. It was a very nice relaxing smoke though :)

14. pushit

pushit One jive Motha Fucka

Mugwort? I used to make teas and had no effect.

15. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

been smoking blends of mugwort and loving it.

16. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

MUGWORT
    [​IMG]
    COMMON NAMES
    Mugwort; Common Artemisia; Felon Herb; St. John's Herb; chrysanthemum weed; sailor's tobacco; moxa; Ai Ye; armoise
    mugwort is coming into its own as a herb to facilitate vivid and lucid dreams, especially if you engage in mugwort smoking just before bed. On its own or smoked with another calming herb such as catnip, mugwort smoke can induce feelings of calm and mellowness lasting about 30-60 minutes, without making you feel clouded or “dumb”. Its calming actions alone make mugwort an excellent replacement for tobacco, but mugwort’s effects on deep sleep and dreaming are where things really get interesting.

The active compound in mugwort is thujone, an aromatic oil also found in wormwood, the plant used to brew the alcoholic drink absinthe. Consumed orally or by inhaling mugwort herb smoke or aromatic oil, mugwort can improve dream recall and sometimes induce lucid dreams when used shortly before bed. Some people recommend smoking mugwort and taking it as tea simultaneously to enhance its effects, or wrapping fresh mugwort in an aromatic dream pillow so you can inhale its active constituents as you drift off to sleep. Many mugwort users have reported the dream pillow method to be highly effective: the effects kick in as they enter the hypnagogic pre-sleep state, generating sensations of floating or rising upward that can translate into a lucid dream or even an out of body experience!

According to the anecdotal reports we gathered, what mugwort smoking seems to do is nudge your dreams in a more vivid direction. If you usually dream in black and white, for instance, mugwort may lend your dreams color; if you normally have some ability to steer your dreams, mugwort smoking may lend you a greater degree of control. So while you may not achieve mugwort-induced lucid dreams immediately, its gradual use can act like a stepping stone to help train your brain to achieve lucid dreams more regularly.

Mugwort is one of the power herbs that got us more than interested in the positive effects of herbs. How amazing that some Mugwort leaf placed under the pillow will not only induce colourful and lucid dreaming, but dreams of prophecy and meaning as well. For those skeptics out there – try it! One morning you will wake up after dreaming of something and you’ll witness its manifestation that very day. At the very least, you will experience colourful, medieval, astral, meaningful, pleasant, adventurous, and/or lucid dreams.
    Smoking the herb directly into the lungs or as an evening incense assists these lucid dreams. Drinking the calming, liver cleansing tea before sleep seems to keep you longer in a conscious dream state (REM sleep).

1 person likes this.
  17. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

I've moved the same plant three times. Three different gardens. I originally brought it from California.