Free fests

Discussion in 'Events and Festivals' started by drumminmama, Aug 20, 2006.

1. DiscoPhish

DiscoPhish Member

theres a really great festival that goes on every weekend called nelsons ledges its in ohio, theres a 50 cover charge tho to camp out thurs-sun or you can pay 30 to stay thurs-friday ..lots of cool people yummy food and good music!

2. Olympic-Bullshitter

Olympic-Bullshitter Banned

This is the opening event of the annual "Regatta Time in the Abacos" race series. Actually, it's a 10-day party punctuated by five races. It's a family event with games and prizes for children of all ages including hula hoop competitions. One Big rule: No glass containers of any kind on the island. The cheesebugers, hot dogs, limit two per person, and fries are free. The rum punch and Margaritas are free. Kool-Aid for the kids is free. Did I mention that the party is FREE?

3. jessej

jessej Member

Memorial Day is a U.S. holiday commemorating the U.S. men and women who have died in military service to their country. in NYC the greatest event in US.

4. fuzz_acid_flowers

fuzz_acid_flowers Aqueou§ Transmi§§ion

Catalyst in Vermont this weekend

5. fuzz_acid_flowers

fuzz_acid_flowers Aqueou§ Transmi§§ion

^Same people are holding one again in northeast kingdom vermont. Apparently its a 10 day festie and this weekend is the end of it. I will be there!

6. Brigante

Brigante Member

the best festival for me was Stonehenge free festival, which started in the 70s through to 1985 i used to attend every year from 79 to 85 until the powers that be sent in the boys in blue to smash up the peace convoy known as the infamous battle of the bean field. I had my bus smashed up as did many of us who lived an travelled with the convoy.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIgFBV-iY8E

7. BuryMeInSmoke

BuryMeInSmoke Member

Anything around Atlanta?

8. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

9. ChinaCatSunflower67

ChinaCatSunflower67 Member

Thanks for sharing this! I am definitly going to make it my goal to attend the gathering in next December, sounds like it will be amazing!:2thumbsup:

10. InfiniteOscillations

InfiniteOscillations Member

Does anyone know of any around Asheville, North Carolina,South Carolina?

11. NYdeadhead1993

NYdeadhead1993 Member

Anything in NYC area

12. Boodreaux

Boodreaux Guest

13. slappysquirrel

slappysquirrel Senior Member

in melbourne,fl they have something called friday fest the 2nd friday of every month. there are a couple crappy bands, a drum circle, a moon room for lil kids, and they block off the streets so you can just walk around and drink beer IN THE OPEN (yes that means in front of the police). also on st patricks day,new years eve they have a giant street party here as well

14. indigo_day

indigo_day Guest

WANTED IN FLAGSTAFF (az): VOLUNTEERS WITH AN HONEST DESIRE TO REVOLUTIONIZE THE WORLD

CALLING ALL FLOWER CHILDREN, HIPPIES, YIPPIES, DIGGERS, NEW WAVERS, MERRY PRANKSTERS, PUNKS, FREAKS, AND ECO-GEEKS!! It is time for another Gathering of the Tribes!
    We need people to come together-right now!- to help us throw radical Free-Ins and Human-Be-Ins this summer!!!!
    Please contact me if you would like to help by assisting in the building of a stage, equipping us with a P.A. System, if you would like to be one of our speakers for social activism, yoga instructors, guest poets, or if you know of a live band or guerrilla theater troupe who would like to preform for the contribution to the cause of greater consciousness!
    We are also looking for people to donate to the actual Free store portion of the happening- this means bring anything you would like to give away! This includes clothes, blankets, furniture, books, movies, food, records, art, jewelry, instruments, ect.

15. slappysquirrel

slappysquirrel Senior Member

where's this gonna be at?

16. Clawhammered

Clawhammered Guest

17. hipinainteasy

hipinainteasy Member

any in the area of boston MA ?

18. Flakeofsnow

Flakeofsnow Member

I don't know if anyone mentioned this already but San Francisco hardly strictly bluegrass festival is free and AMAZING. Been there 2 years in a row and absolutely loved it. The energy was always great for me and the music is awesome. They usually have like 5 stages so if you don't like a band just move on to the next. I have also seen a bunch of buskers and vendors so it is definitely worth it even if SF is kind of iffy these days.

19. Olympic-Bullshitter

Olympic-Bullshitter Banned

Fantasy week this week in Key West.

20. TheOneYouHate

TheOneYouHate Guest

Please get this going again for summer of 2013 people! Theres gotta be some of you that have information about upcoming free festivals :)