scarring after jewlry removal?

Discussion in 'Body Modification' started by Hipkatmeow, Aug 8, 2006.

1. Hipkatmeow

Hipkatmeow Member

Hi Everybody Ive had my nose pierced for about 4 years and the whole time I had it pierced I had this awesome little hoop in that just stayed there for 4 years. Now I have a job at a nursing home where I work with people with dementia and had to take the ring out because of the possibility of someone tearing it out. i ahve a little stud in but I really do not care for the way it looks on me.

I was wonderng if when i take it out there will be a big scar on my nose? and if so is there any way to reduce the scarring?

Thanks a ton guys I really appreciate it!

-Kat

2. moon_flower

moon_flower Banned

My dad's girlfriend had her nose pierced and she took it out....if you didn't know the ring was there in the first place, you wouldn't notice the scar. It's just about the size of a pinhead and it blends in with the rest of her skin (Of course, she's always had really clear complection so it does show a bit....but only if you're up on her nose).

3. Hipkatmeow

Hipkatmeow Member

Thanks Moon_flower. I figured it would be something only I could notice. ANd congrats ont he baby~

4. moon_flower

moon_flower Banned

Yea. But, if you get too self concious about it, you could try mederma. It's a med to help treat scars. I don't know if it would work considering you've had your piercing 4 years.

And, thanks. :D

5. FallenFairy

FallenFairy Senior Member

i have had my nose pierced for 6 years now i took it out 2 years ago and honestly my hole hasn't even closed yet its still there if i wanted i could put a hoop in it right now and have no problems with it. so i honestly dont think you should have a problem with scarring or the hole closing up. But thats just my opinion.

6. naughty_nun

naughty_nun Member

I had my nose pierced on the left side, i took it out for an operation and it closed up. I dont have a scar at all from it or if i do you cant see it. The size of the hole is definatly a lot bigger than any scar you would get. Dont worry about it, if you get a scar it wont be a bad one.

7. mushie18

mushie18 Intergalactic

i was curious to the scarring of a labret or lip piercing.

i have considered getting my lip pierced; not that a small scar would hold me back, i'm just wondering what it would leave behind.

8. Hipkatmeow

Hipkatmeow Member

Thanks guys! I Didnt expect that many replies! What a friendly forum!

9. EarthyGirl1985

EarthyGirl1985 Member

I have 2 scars from a labret and a monroe piercing and the scars are hardly visible at all.

10. moon_flower

moon_flower Banned

Mine is totally visible. I had a labret for about a year. I decided I didn't want it anymore. It looks like I just freshly took the stud out....the hole didn't shrink at all.

11. daniellehxc

daniellehxc Member

Same here. That's exactly what mines like.