cusp?

Discussion in 'Astrology' started by mamaboogie, Jul 31, 2006.

1. mamaboogie

mamaboogie anarchist

not to derail someone else's thread.... I'm starting one here.

Yes, I've heard people say they were born on the cusp, but when you are charting someone's horoscope, it doesn't work that way. At the time of your birth, you are in ONE sun sign, and only one, never two. You might have traits of the closest sun sign, but it's probably from other aspects of your chart. You can't be in-between, there is a definite line and you are always on one side or the other of that line. Nowhere, in any ephemeris I've ever seen or used, has there been two sun signs for any given moment in time. But, in order to know what sun sign you are if your birthday is near the change from one sign to another, you need to know the exact time and place of birth, and you need to know exactly when the sun moved from one sign to the other, which isn't so easy without an ephemeris or fancy computer software (which would include the information from an ephemeris).

2. trekker

trekker Intrepid Traveler

Being born on the cusp I have noticed gives a subtle shading to the natives sun sign. It is not the same as haveing two sun signs, so I think I agree with you on that point. I would give a cusp born person a max of 2 degrees or orb.