love compatibility:what to look at

Discussion in 'Astrology' started by Yankeesweetie35, Jul 30, 2006.

1. Yankeesweetie35

Yankeesweetie35 Member

I keep hearing that when looking at friendship or love compatibility you should really disregard the sun signs because they can be too general. I've gotten my detailed chart with my rising sign, mercury, moon, etc etc. However when looking at, say love matches, what should I look for? And when you compare certain signs do they have to match or both be fixed signs or air signs........ Can anyone help me with this?

2. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

If you are going to ignore sun signs, how will you know the appropriate information about potential friends and lovers? "What's your sign?" is a common social question. "May I see your detailed astrological chart?" is not a question one asks of people until AFTER they are friends or lovers.

3. mamaboogie

mamaboogie anarchist

what you should look for is what sun sign is generally considered to be compatible with your rising sign. and vice-versa, what rising sign is compatible with your sun sign. That seems to work out better than thinking only about compatible sun signs.

4. Carlfloydfan

Carlfloydfan Travel lover

I disagree. my gfs rising sign is leo. my sun is scorpio. much more to synastry than that.

5. White Feather

White Feather Senior Member

The first place to look at would be the 7th house, the house of relationships.

Let's say that the 7th house is in scorpio. You would then look for someone who's a scorpio, or who has your sun sign in his / her 7th house.

The next would be to see what planet, if any, is posited in the 7th. You would then see what planet rules that house, see where it is at and look at it's ruler.

So if you have mercury in aries in the 7th, the first would be an aires, the next would be a gemini or virgo. Either way, you'll probably like a cerbral type of person, or that is how they will attract you.

Me, personally, I would look at the 8th, 11th and 5. But that's just me. Having has a few great sex partners there is always pisces, scorpio and ? (how did that disco song go?)

Next you'd probably transpose one horoscope over the other and see where the conflicts are likely to be along with the more smooth angles for harmony.

Then there is past life type of astrology (karmic astrology), along with looking at the north and south lunar nodes.

And even with all this information at your finger tips it means squat because love will not run according to the stars - when you fall in love (at least at first sight) one is attracted to another through looks and body chemistry. If you like someone and someone likes you, then any horoscope can be made to reconcile all differences.